Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endurance Run

Rachel_dArc

So, just finished 30 rounds of Arbitration defence, and one of the players had been talking about bailing on round 30.  I asked why, and we talked back and forth over it.  I mean, sure, one person died, but we were going strong with no sign of slowing down.

He said he didn't like the map - we were in a central area (typically for Grineer defence) against gobs of infested, but we had six or seven turrets down in the area, a Mesa spectre to drop glass shields to protect the zone, and we were kicking butt.  I noted this, and he agreed, defence-wise, we were rocking socks.

"But we're getting so little from it." he said.  I responded, "I'm getting lots of focus?"  He's like, "You can get 500k a night Eidolon hunting."  My reply, "That's work.  This is play."

And that's just it.  For me?  These endurance runs are fun.  I had a blast doing the hour-long Kuva survival without using life support.  I love doing the 30, 40, 50+ round marathons in defence.  I love seeing how far I can push myself in Arbitrations and Onslaughts.  My greatest wish is to do an 'Exterminate' mission without a time limit.  Just wander around, killing higher and higher level opponents, without having to worry about 'running out of air' or 'protecting this person' or whatever.  Just give me infinite enemies to kill, and let me decide when I wanna leave.  I'm pretty sure I'd be staying there until the stage kicked me out (by slaughtering me).  And that's just it - Arbitration and Onslaught have a hard limit.  You die in Arbitration, that's it.  You run out of efficiency in Onslaught, that's it.  Why on earth would you want to leave before that?  Sure, you might not get 'much', but you get something.  And something, I feel, is always better than nothing - plus the fun of picking up a bit more focus, and killing a few more peeps.

I dunno - I like seeing how far I can go, just seems some people don't I guess.

Edited by Rachel_Darc
  • Like 2

You have to remember that everyone has different likes, dislikes, preferences, tolerances, & attention spans.

For me, I get bored of the same mission after about 45minutes. I've literally fallen asleep during 2hr survival runs. (Seriously, 1 friend has a video of me snoring on the mic & he won't delete it. I WILL get that vid from him...)

However I do agree on 1 thing.
I want an Endless mode without Life Support, defending something, excavating, etc.

A true Dynasty Warriors like horde mode where we just kill till we are either:
A. Bored.
B. Too tired to keep killing.
C. Got to go to work/bathroom/sleep
D. Need a change of scenery.

I hate that survival has the capsules. I hate that ESO has efficiency. I thought ESO was meant to be an arcade mode of sorts. Well let it be a beat em up then.

• Like 3

I'm a solo player, but sure I could go hours and hours in a survival and I can go 50 waves in a defense, but why? There is no benefits to going for that long, you don't get anything better for doing it. I am more of a "gotta go fast" person though. Finishing capture missions or exterminate missions in 1-2 minutes is fun for me. Pushing myself in the sense of soloing a tridolon is fun. Going for an 1+ hours in a survival or 50+ waves of a defense is monotonous. 

Not everyone has the time for this or like me, I can't sit in the same place for that long. If I don't get up to stretch every say 30 minutes, then my legs go numb. Thankfully when solo I can just pause the mission and take a break. 

I also would like the option of an endless mode without anything but enemies. Getting life support is something I forgot to do, babysitting a defense objective is boring, dealing with low health excavators isn't fun and losing efficiency in ESO at 12+ because the tileset is horrible sucks. A mode like ESO of different tiles, no efficiency, no life support, no babysitting, just thousands and thousands of enemies and just have fun. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with @Pr1A there will always be people who enjoy things differently. That's why it's good to get a  squad in recruiting that really want to do endurance run or join a discord for hardcore endurance runners even just for casual runs. I love endurance runs but arbitrations get kinda boring to me most of the time unless it's interception.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say that I dreaded the thought of doing a no-air, one hour kuva survival with a friend but when it came down to it I went with my oldest clanmate and we had a great time as a duo.

Sorry I know those were two separate objectives but it seemed more efficient to roll them into a single task worth 10k.

My point is that the idea of it was, for some reason, much worse that the genuinely good time I had executing it. Conversely I really didn't enjoy the tridolon hunts, maybe because there's much more of a meta to adhere to when you going for the Hydrolyst. At least you have a lot more freedom to play with stuff you enjoy. 

ESO can be a pain if your after those new cosmetics and you basically have to solo after 30. Hey we just wasted 30 min getting to C now let’s quit....

I always go A,B,C,C,C,C so min an hour and it is a pain having random noobs in the team, but ask when you start and just quit if they say they are staying a short time.