Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades should be removed or at the least we should be able to throw them back

Mados.sys

I don't think i'm the only one that really dislike these things right? it makes sence for the enemies to have indeed, but the way they are now is just... a cheap tactic to deal damage to matter what you do.

Grenades are so god damn microscopic that you can barely see where they are, making it hard to know where you should stay away from, the only indication is the sound they make and it still not enough, i think Headphones will help you a lot to detect where the sound is coming from but even if you can hear it, there are sometimes huge delays before it explodes, so when you think you're safe (because it's hard to say if the thing exploded in the middle of a battleground), you go back and BOOM, DEAD.

As i said the only indication to know where is it is just a sound, and is not enough, why not add an indicator on the interface that indicates where the grenade is to run away? that could seriously come in handy.

But oh, don't forget that i said "we should be able to throw them back", if you wonder why? well, because some enemies throw the grenades on our defense objectives, and what the hell can we do about it? nothing, is straight up full damage to us and the thing that we are trying to defend, so how it should be is:

• If you're closer to the grenade, you can press X to pick it up and throw it anywhere else far away from you, or use it to damage enemies.
  • When the grenade explodes, the expuroshion deals a damage based on the level of the enemy that used it. (let's say as an example, not necessarily what it should be, 100 base Blast damage, and a level 10 crewman throw the grenade, then if you throw it back, it deals like 1000 Blast damage with a 100% chance of Blast proc, obviously)
  • The animation of it should be the same as the Spears, i think it would fit perfectly.
  • There would be a timer above you showing how much time you have left before it explodes. (like the explosion thingys that Raptor drops)

I think now the only thing you can do is melee the grenade if you find it and it will explode early, but i'm not sure if it's my bad memory, but making it explode early will still damage you, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but still, trying to melee the thing to prevent damage is still quite a bad choice, because if you miss it, it means bye bye.

And hell, we are god damn space ninjas, if we can nuke an entire map, why we can't just pick a grenade to prevent a potential one shot?

29 minutes ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

I think now the only thing you can do is melee the grenade if you find it and it will explode early, but i'm not sure if it's my bad memory, but making it explode early will still damage you, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but still, trying to melee the thing to prevent damage is still quite a bad choice, because if you miss it, it means bye bye.

Hitting the grenade, with melee, guns or Warframe abilties, will detonate it and the damage will be done to enemies only. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

And hell, we are god damn space ninjas, if we can nuke an entire map, why we can't just pick a grenade to prevent a potential one shot?

Grenades have a very long waiting time before they detonate. If you hear the beeping, don't just stand there. Switch to your operator and dash away or hide in void mode. If you haven't done the quest for it yet, just run away.

Very rarely do I die from grenades anymore, because I stopped standing around in the middle of a gunfight while the thing's screaming at me to run away or get blown up.

Edited by Pizzarugi

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Grenades have a very long waiting time before they detonate. If you hear the beeping, don't just stand there. Switch to your operator and dash away or hide in void mode. If you haven't done the quest for it yet, just run away.

Some grenades just seem to explode too quickly to do much about it, and relying on the beeping isn't always going to work as some sounds may drown it out. Having another indicator, most commonly being a grenade indicator on the HUD like CoD, would be useful as a fallback.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Very rarely do I die from grenades anymore, because I stopped standing around in the middle of a gunfight while the thing's screaming at me to run away or get blown up.

I mentioned that already, the sound sometimes has a delay and in the middle of the battlefield is already hard to notice if the thing exploded or not, for me has already happened that after like 2 seconds after the beeps stopped, i go back to my spot (defenses mostly) and the thing exploded, game's fault, not mine.

I can run away indeed, but what do i do for something that i have to defend? it just takes all the damage, we really need a way to throw back those things, or throw them away.

I personally died a lot of times because of these things, i'm more into squishy frames because some of them are underrated and fun to use, and grenades can be such a pain in the ass to deal with, especially on mobile defenses.

3 hours ago, Infirito said:

The simple solution would be highlighting grenades on the HUD like so many other games do. Right now they are effectively invisible while you're in combat.

That's exactly what i was thinking, highlighting the thing to at least know where it is since is so god damn small that you can barely know where is it if is not for the sound.

3 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Some grenades just seem to explode too quickly to do much about it, and relying on the beeping isn't always going to work as some sounds may drown it out. Having another indicator, most commonly being a grenade indicator on the HUD like CoD, would be useful as a fallback.

Highlighting the thing is the only solution at this point since as i mentioned, the beeping sometimes has a delay or as you say, it explodes quickly out of nowhere, so yeah an indicator like CoD would come in handy at the least. on that way we could at least make it explode to prevent potential unstoppable damage.

Grenades I think are fine in more mobile mission types where they discourage players from camping the same area and not moving around. For this same reason, however, they are a poor fit for the many defensive mission types that have appeared over time, where they damage objectives even when players move out of the way. Because weapons fire in general is itself meant to be countered by moving around (in theory, anyway), removing grenades entirely would likely be completely fine, particularly as the recent incident with bugged instakill grenades has shown that they're so poorly detectable as to not really be all that easily dodgeable to begin with.

On 2019-05-06 at 10:25 PM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

How is this even an issue?

True, I never notice when a Grineer tosses a grenade on me

but then, I also never notice that it actually exploded.

the damage is trivial and I can just ignore grenades altogether...

Try to go on t4 fissures, kuva flood, arbitration and you'll notice the difference, the things become microscopic death machines if you don't notice it in time.

On 2019-05-07 at 4:53 AM, Teridax68 said:

Grenades I think are fine in more mobile mission types where they discourage players from camping the same area and not moving around. For this same reason, however, they are a poor fit for the many defensive mission types that have appeared over time, where they damage objectives even when players move out of the way. Because weapons fire in general is itself meant to be countered by moving around (in theory, anyway), removing grenades entirely would likely be completely fine, particularly as the recent incident with bugged instakill grenades has shown that they're so poorly detectable as to not really be all that easily dodgeable to begin with.

That's a pretty good point, grenades work for missions to stop camping like on Survival missions where some players are all for getting in a corner with a nekros, so that's totally ok, but only on survivals because as you said, on defense missions; grenades prove to be an unstoppable raw damage to your objective that you pretty much can't fight back, because is so small that you can't find it and destroy it on time.

Removing them is the easiest option, but i prefer the idea of the HUD indicating where the grenade is, on that way we should be able to destroy it at least.

• Like 1

Just had a solo arbitration run ended by a Corpus Grenade one-shotting me 40 minutes in on a full Umbral Khora with Adaptation on at full HP.

I should've taken Venari Bodyguard instead of Pilfering Strangledome.

I am a dumbass.

9 hours ago, Totterson said:

Just had a solo arbitration run ended by a Corpus Grenade one-shotting me 40 minutes in on a full Umbral Khora with Adaptation on at full HP.

I should've taken Venari Bodyguard instead of Pilfering Strangledome.

I am a dumbass.

Don't blame yourself since is not your fault, is the game's fault since DE thought it was an amazing idea to put a microscopic box of death that is extremely hard to spot and sometimes detonates early or too late.

At least you know how cheap can grenades be sometimes, especially on high tier missions like the Arbitration you where in.

By the way 40 minutes on a CORPUS arbitration? god damn, at 20 minutes those box heads are already starting to instakill anything with just 2 shots for how overpowered they are, now if you where playing on a planet that didn't spawn Scrambus then i guess it was more merciful. 

It was Jupiter. I wouldn't have been surprised to start seeing Scrambus but they aren't as scary as a Lanka-weilder that requires you to get up in their face to kill them with arbitration gnats flying around.

Khora's probably the tankiest armored frame out there with CC that directly shuts down enemies [She has higher base HP as well to go along with this] so that's most likely why she was able to take grenades and two-shot punishment up to that point.

But yes. The grenades give no time to react and have been garbage since implementation; the fact we can hear them means nothing if they explode within 3 seconds and we have no clue where they are. Nullifiers and drones at least require a little bit of counter-play at least if you see him before he can hit you; grenades in this state will never be considered good or fair.

Pls just remove them DE, lol

EDIT:

This is from the patch notes for today's patch, rofl

"Fixed anti-stationary-target grenades thrown by Corpus Crewmen having their explosion timer being set to 0.5s upon landing on the ground. Now they are on par with Grineer grenades again (3~4s lifetime).

slow clap GIF

Edited by Totterson
I know why I died now