Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's inability to perform melee finisher on sleepy or blinded enemies.

Azvalk

Revenant is incapable of performing melee finisher on enemies put to sleep by Mesmer skin, or blinded by Blinding Reave, why '-' ?
Enemies seem as sleepy as if Equinox had been there, and as blinded as if Inaros had thrown sand in their eyes.
Blinding reave could be a good reason to use Reave more often, but as it is now, it just blinds enemies..
If we can't perform melee finisher on these blinded enemies, then the fact that they are blinded is 50% useless '-' especialy with Revenant around who can control them, or wipe them with his 4.
While if we can, player would have opportunity to use covert lethality, or even the passive of Skiajati.

I take this opportunity to remind that we still have no indication that these things have been noticed by DE:

These 2 subjects ( the melee finisher, and the current bugs ) are the only important things that bother Revenant.
I love him since his first appearance on devstream, and even more when I noticed all the similarities between him and Raziel from legacy of Kain series, hero of my childhood +.+
So please, he needs a fix ^^

One last suggestion: add a charged version to Enthrall.
( As quick as gara's 1, or nezha's 2 )
Higher energy cost, cone zone, like Limbo's banish.
Simply to enthrall several enemy at the same time.
That could help a little with the issue of "my thralls are killed to quickly by teammate"

3 hours ago, Azvalk said:

Revenant is incapable of performing melee finisher on enemies put to sleep by Mesmer skin, or blinded by Blinding Reave, why '-' ?
Enemies seem as sleepy as if Equinox had been there, and as blinded as if Inaros had thrown sand in their eyes.
Blinding reave could be a good reason to use Reave more often, but as it is now, it just blinds enemies..
If we can't perform melee finisher on these blinded enemies, then the fact that they are blinded is 50% useless '-' especialy with Revenant around who can control them, or wipe them with his 4.
While if we can, player would have opportunity to use covert lethality, or even the passive of Skiajati.

I take this opportunity to remind that we still have no indication that these things have been noticed by DE:

These 2 subjects ( the melee finisher, and the current bugs ) are the only important things that bother Revenant.
I love him since his first appearance on devstream, and even more when I noticed all the similarities between him and Raziel from legacy of Kain series, hero of my childhood +.+
So please, he needs a fix ^^

One last suggestion: add a charged version to Enthrall.
( As quick as gara's 1, or nezha's 2 )
Higher energy cost, cone zone, like Limbo's banish.
Simply to enthrall several enemy at the same time.
That could help a little with the issue of "my thralls are killed to quickly by teammate"

I never really understood the idea of making Reave into yet another situational piece of CC, especially considering revenant already has mesmer skin stuns in plentiful amounts. 

I personally would've expected a Reave Augment to do what virulence currently does (aka energy refund on hits). Hell, I would've been fine with blinding Reave giving players the same enthralled cost reduction mesmer skin provides (considering how similar they are after all), but it is what it is. 

As for the bugs, I wouldn't hope for anything at this point. Far as I can remember, someone tweeted Rebecca concerning Enthrall's current mishaps some two weeks ago, and there's been no changes since, so... Yeah. 

2 hours ago, gordianknot said:

Damage done from killed Thralls (energy pillars) should scale with enemy levels- Enemy HP, like Acid Shells mod and dozen others.

It would benefit greatly in every mission, specially in long survival missions. 

The problem with the pillars isn't so much their damage numbers (which should theoretically be at LEAST decent) as it is their damage Type, those being impact and puncture. That alone is what makes them completely worthless at higher levels, thanks to armor working the way it does. If it worked the same way danse does, and had damage adaptation, I could see it being fairly useful, or at least usable. 

Edited by JohnLemon123

The principle of an augment mod is to bring a gameplay change to a power.
So, blinding the enemies affected by Reave, makes a little more sense than a energy refund, because it brings gameplay opportunities that would not be there without this effect.
That said, this idea of energy refund makes so much sense that it should be integrated with the basic power.. And if necessary, to balance, that it replaces the shield steal.
Revenant rarely needs shields..
After all, it is a movement ability, in 3rd position in the kit, which has a rather high cost for movement, so it would be logical to recover energy to "reward" a correct use.

Revenant is such a powerful and epic character, it's too bad that he has these little details that ruin everything.. he is so close to being irreproachable. u.u

il y a 35 minutes, (XB1)Knight Raime a dit :

Because Revenant was designed by someone who would write fanfic.  Not someone who actually understands design.

What ? °°
don't understand what that means..
Hm, I think maybe its development may have been a bit rushed..
but the design is well done.
He was released 08-24-2018, so, his developpement coincides with the tennocon, fortuna, ect ..
I can understand he lacks some details in his powers, damage scaling ect..

Currently, he really just needs these bug fixes and he will be fine.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Because Revenant was designed by someone who would write fanfic.  Not someone who actually understands design.

Wow, that's... actually a pretty good way to describe exactly what went wrong with him, that being ''muh vampire''. 

Shocker, but you might want to leave the game designing to the game designers! It's almost like Titania was also a horrid mess that was never really fixed! 

Edited by JohnLemon123
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-10 at 7:05 AM, Azvalk said:

What ? °°
don't understand what that means..
Hm, I think maybe its development may have been a bit rushed..
but the design is well done.
He was released 08-24-2018, so, his developpement coincides with the tennocon, fortuna, ect ..
I can understand he lacks some details in his powers, damage scaling ect..

Currently, he really just needs these bug fixes and he will be fine.

Revenant was DE Reb's frame.  She didn't do any of the actual work of making said abilities and what not.  But the concepts were all her ideas.  I forget who specifically helped her make him.  But Steve had little involvement evidence by his genuine surprise about him when he was shown off on a dev stream and him interveining to give him a new 4th that was more eidilon like.

Basically response was a tongue and cheek response at the fact that Revenant is poorly designed because the person behind his inception doesn't have a solid grasp on fundamental design for the game.

• Like 2

Yeah I know he is Reb's frame, and I think this is great '-'
I mean, for a character created by a person "who doesn't have a solid grasp on fundamental design for the game", he is pretty close of regular design..
- His 1 is mono target
- His 2 is "utility/survivability"
- His 3 is utility / movement
- His 4 is massive damage
The kit is complete and functional..
( but I understood that it was a humorous reaction, I'm just maybe too much a fan boy xD )
I mean, I don't find the fault of his currents problems in the way and by who he was design. His issues are only these bugs and these little forgetted things..
All frames have some missing details in their kit.
The bugs are spotted by players since the update that brought the projectiles from the pillars that have the effect of Enthrall.
And with all the hotfixes that have been since, I have the impression that they have not been noticed by DE, hence this post.

1 hour ago, Azvalk said:

Yeah I know he is Reb's frame, and I think this is great '-'
I mean, for a character created by a person "who doesn't have a solid grasp on fundamental design for the game", he is pretty close of regular design..
- His 1 is mono target
- His 2 is "utility/survivability"
- His 3 is utility / movement
- His 4 is massive damage
The kit is complete and functional..
( but I understood that it was a humorous reaction, I'm just maybe too much a fan boy xD )
I mean, I don't find the fault of his currents problems in the way and by who he was design. His issues are only these bugs and these little forgetted things..
All frames have some missing details in their kit.
The bugs are spotted by players since the update that brought the projectiles from the pillars that have the effect of Enthrall.
And with all the hotfixes that have been since, I have the impression that they have not been noticed by DE, hence this post.

No offense, but I personally don't think that a community manager delving into the desining side of the game is anywhere near a good idea.

Just as a reminder, here's what reb has been in charge of as far as ''designing in game content'' goes : Titania, Revenant, the nyx ''rework'' and the Titania ''rework''. 

So... Yeah. It's a cute little idea to have people from other departments take part in the designing process, but considering how it's turned out this far, I think we could use less of it. 

As for revenant himself, he needs a lot more than just a few bug fixes in order ot be anywhere near where he could (and deserves) to be. He needs streamlining, refocusing, hell, redesigning even, and I don't think that's gonna happen for quite a long while. 

Edited by JohnLemon123
  • Like 2

On 2019-05-13 at 9:20 PM, JohnLemon123 said:

No offense, but I personally don't think that a community manager delving into the desining side of the game is anywhere near a good idea.

Just as a reminder, here's what reb has been in charge of as far as ''designing in game content'' goes : Titania, Revenant, the nyx ''rework'' and the Titania ''rework''. 

So... Yeah. It's a cute little idea to have people from other departments take part in the designing process, but considering how it's turned out this far, I think we could use less of it. 

As for revenant himself, he needs a lot more than just a few bug fixes in order ot be anywhere near where he could (and deserves) to be. He needs streamlining, refocusing, hell, redesigning even, and I don't think that's gonna happen for quite a long while. 

While it was sad to see him end up like this, it's true he's not even finished yet we were still on the thrall/pillar complaint and fixes until it got stopped by baruuk's arrival yet another poorly designed frame.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-14 at 11:12 PM, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

While it was sad to see him end up like this, it's true he's not even finished yet we were still on the thrall/pillar complaint and fixes until it got stopped by baruuk's arrival yet another poorly designed frame.

Baruuk isn’t poorly designed. His 4 is just criminally underpowered and his 1 and 3 synergy is very counter productive.

But compare those 2 problems to Revenants literal laundry list of problems. Yeah no Baruuk isn’t bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Baruuk isn’t poorly designed. His 4 is just criminally underpowered and his 1 and 3 synergy is very counter productive.

But compare those 2 problems to Revenants literal laundry list of problems. Yeah no Baruuk isn’t bad.

The saddest thing about baruuk is probably that he's really, REALLY easy to fix, but will remain mediocre because DE just... Can't be bothered. 

I'm getting so damn tired of them prioritising shiny, overly convoluted projects over actually addressing the game's core issues, but what can ya do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

His 4 can kill the wolf in 2 seconds and BTW he has cc abilities, immunity to damage, 90% reduction +40% from the stance, he can deflect bullets with his waves. The only big problem is with his 4 is practically  impossible to increase the combo counter, they should add an augmented mod for that. 

In this game everything that can't kill something just pressing a button is considered mediocre, the next frame will be called "Meta". just pressing 4 you can complete the mission...

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

His 4 can kill the wolf in 2 seconds

CORRECTION! His 4’s slide attack can do that. Which honestly having the slide attack be the most powerful part of a weapon who’s primary feature is shooting energy is just sad. If I wanted to just spin to win I’d pick some tonfas or whip.

Also I will clarify. I have no problem with Baruuk not being an “all out kill frame”. What i have a problem with is that we have to build up a second meter to be able to use his exalted weapon and that exalted weapon is the weakest of the melee exalted by an insultingly large margin. If DE is going to implement abilities that have limiters to keep them from being spammed, then those abilities need the power to justify such decisions.

12 hours ago, bibmobello said:

His 4 can kill the wolf in 2 seconds and BTW he has cc abilities, immunity to damage, 90% reduction +40% from the stance, he can deflect bullets with his waves. The only big problem is with his 4 is practically  impossible to increase the combo counter, they should add an augmented mod for that. 

In this game everything that can't kill something just pressing a button is considered mediocre, the next frame will be called "Meta". just pressing 4 you can complete the mission...

Ok he maybe able to do all that I'm not the biggest baruuk's player, but his kit conflicts with it self on many occasions

His 1 is a evasion ability that makes no sense when you have multiple sources of damage reduction.

His 2 is actually a good ability but is often used the most to build restraint which is a waste a energy because you'll eventually double CC enemies

His 3 has no point being there it grants 90% damage reduction but won't the enemies be affected by lull anyway, it disarms but wouldn't have elude up anyway and even if you don't. if allies get to close that take the daggers thus reducing your damage mitigation and don't you remember you have elude so this is a redundant ability. And don't forget your passive.

His 4 is a good ability on paper but it does have it's down sides you build up a meter to unleash your 4, so it's already under the notion that it has decent strength because of all the effort you have to put in to activate and maintain it. But its pretty lackluster and just because you can kill the wolf it's nothing to celebrate because you can do that with most frames as is anyway. Yes it's a great CC but it's a weak exalted weapon heck even wukong can out damage Baruuk and that frame has very little appeal to play because he's so incohesive and boring.

And your last statement sounds really asinine so I give you the benefit of the doubt that, That wasn't what you meant to say because looking at all the frames many of them don't fit that description. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

Ok he maybe able to do all that I'm not the biggest baruuk's player, but his kit conflicts with it self on many occasions

His 1 is a evasion ability that makes no sense when you have multiple sources of damage reduction.

His 2 is actually a good ability but is often used the most to build restraint which is a waste a energy because you'll eventually double CC enemies

His 3 has no point being there it grants 90% damage reduction but won't the enemies be affected by lull anyway, it disarms but wouldn't have elude up anyway and even if you don't. if allies get to close that take the daggers thus reducing your damage mitigation and don't you remember you have elude so this is a redundant ability. And don't forget your passive.

His 4 is a good ability on paper but it does have it's down sides you build up a meter to unleash your 4, so it's already under the notion that it has decent strength because of all the effort you have to put in to activate and maintain it. But its pretty lackluster and just because you can kill the wolf it's nothing to celebrate because you can do that with most frames as is anyway. Yes it's a great CC but it's a weak exalted weapon heck even wukong can out damage Baruuk and that frame has very little appeal to play because he's so incohesive and boring.

And your last statement sounds really asinine so I give you the benefit of the doubt that, That wasn't what you meant to say because looking at all the frames many of them don't fit that description. 

His 4 can deflect bullets and yes his first ability is pretty redundant but if you build him for pure range and duration and use mainly his first and second ability. obviously his exalted weapon is useful mainly against corpus.

Edited by bibmobello

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

His 4 can deflect bullets and yes his first ability is pretty redundant but if you build him for pure range and duration and use mainly his first and second ability. obviously his exalted weapon is useful mainly against corpus.

What your suggesting is to make a very inefficient build for mediocre Warframe for a faction that I don't really care for. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

What your suggesting is to make a very inefficient build for mediocre Warframe for a faction that I don't really care for. 

I don't suggest anything, play whatever you like...

Edited by bibmobello