Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma’s secondary energy colour making secondary elemental damage for abilities

(NSW)Ruta

It would be cool if combining Chroma’s primary and secondary energy colours could create secondary elemental damage types for his abilities.

For example, if his energy colour was black (cold) and his secondary colour was greenish/yellow (toxin) his element would become viral or if his energy colour was purple (electricity) and secondary energy was heat his powers would be radiation-based. 

• Like 3

What the effect of elemental ward would be?

Because right now, the really cool thing about 2 energy colors is that it allows you to hind your elemental color and use other color for aesthetic. Having secondary colors effecting the ability will take this away.

Green Electric Chroma

Spoiler

Warframe0065.jpg

Blue Fire Chroma

Spoiler

Warframe0067.jpg

Purple Toxin Chroma

Spoiler

Warframe0068.jpg

Red Ice Chroma

Spoiler

Warframe0064.jpg

Edited by AhLiu338
  • Like 3

To be fair, Chroma needs a real passive and his elemental effects should be part of the ability set.

And that's on top of having significant buffs on Elemental Ward, having the fixed animation and drain removed from Spectral Scream to make it a cast-for-effect style ability instead of a damage over time style, and then streamlining Effigy to get rid of the parts we don't need in order to really make the effects we do need more useful and more worth the energy it costs us... I mean honestly, people still even after the nerf run him just for Vex Armour, with the occasional dip into Elemental Ward, and that's honestly just a little sad.

Rather than the extensive rework necessary with creating entirely new effects, just moving the whole process of changing elements into his actual abilities would be a solid buff. That way we can use the new energy effects, and even further the new Energy/Emissive effects coming later this week, to get some real customisation going.

• Like 2

The dual energy color would be a nice way to introduce a chroma rework which he desperately needs. I mean we only use 2 abilities and for whatever reason D.E doesn't want to get rid of them, but with the new emissive energy category there will probably be a push for his rework hopefully. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

People are precisely happy they can finally decouple some fashionframe from in game mechanics in Chroma, so I don't think that would bode well. In fact, it would be repeating a mistake that's been criticized for years now.

But they can just choose emissive or the frames energy to tack it on it's not that hard or they can just have an option for chroma to pick what his energy does

31 minutes ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

But they can just choose emissive or the frames energy to tack it on it's not that hard or they can just have an option for chroma to pick what his energy does

Most people don't want their colors to interfere with gameplay other than with the VFX themselves, hence why we got Ability colors. No need to further restrict them.

25 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Most people don't want their colors to interfere with gameplay other than with the VFX themselves, hence why we got Ability colors. No need to further restrict them.

Did you not see me say that we can have other options.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

or they can just have an option for chroma to pick what his energy does

Like it not that hard to integrate a menu that let's us alter this frame it works with Octavia so why not chroma. Octavia had a menu for her ability, a menu in the option, and D.E said it was kinda difficult to do so how come they can't just give that to Chroma.

1 hour ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

I think what the other person is saying that Chroma needs a better passive than 'energy/emissive colour affects his elements'.

Chroma, at this point, does need to have his three other abilities improved enough that he isn't just a Vex bot. Having him able to change his element during missions would be a good step towards this, so making it part of his ability set in that way could make room for some interesting buffs that can be shared with allies. Meanwhile, his passive can be then changed into something that could be more worthwhile to him overall.

21 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I think what the other person is saying that Chroma needs a better passive than 'energy/emissive colour affects his elements'.

Chroma, at this point, does need to have his three other abilities improved enough that he isn't just a Vex bot. Having him able to change his element during missions would be a good step towards this, so making it part of his ability set in that way could make room for some interesting buffs that can be shared with allies. Meanwhile, his passive can be then changed into something that could be more worthwhile to him overall.

If that was the point they were trying to make, they should have provided an idea for another kit or passive. but beyond that I do acknowledge the point they are piecing together but if they don't offer something up some kit or passive I'll do that tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

If that was the point they were trying to make, they should have provided an idea for another kit or passive.

Not everyone has these ideas, my friend. When the topic is based in the concept that the OP wants energy colour to have more affect on the powers, the feedback on the topic itself of 'actually, people want to decouple it from the colours altogether' (which was the original comment you replied to... them saying that people are happy that they can now choose fashion without it affecting gameplay) that's enough of a point to make without having to go into theory-crafting of how they would fix it instead.

4 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Not everyone has these ideas, my friend. When the topic is based in the concept that the OP wants energy colour to have more affect on the powers, the feedback on the topic itself of 'actually, people want to decouple it from the colours altogether' (which was the original comment you replied to... them saying that people are happy that they can now choose fashion without it affecting gameplay) that's enough of a point to make without having to go into theory-crafting of how they would fix it instead. 

Pretty much, I was at no point trying to put an idea on the table because countless people have suggested enough over the years and it's not going to be anything new for DE, who already has all that feedback available quite often (besides I play all my frames using defaults or close to default energy colors and in my head dragons mainly spit fire, so I'll always spit fire. Rawr).

Not that I took it in the wrong way, in case my answers sound somewhat too serious 😛

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

Did you not see me say that we can have other options.

Like it not that hard to integrate a menu that let's us alter this frame it works with Octavia so why not chroma. Octavia had a menu for her ability, a menu in the option, and D.E said it was kinda difficult to do so how come they can't just give that to Chroma.

Some people would say 'it's not a real passive'; but, for real, I don't even care if his passive is just being able to change element in arsenal menu. Just don't make it dependent on our fashion choice like it is now or OP's suggestion.

I'm actually not entirely against the idea of making our master of elemental being able to combine element. Just keep it separated from colour choices.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I guess I see your point, it was just the reply I got seemed like a very flimsy defense of 'but I like my fashion frame' but we got 3 more slots just for energy and the frame that use energy color for his passive doesn't get a new mechanic or change in the slightest. It Just bothered me see how fast criticism for the 2-tone energy was being received, And after that we got and additional 2 for emissives just made me lose faith.

Oh and no offense about the earlier statement.

• Like 1