Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nightwaves, make up your mind

TheKurtiStryke

12 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

De releases nightwave-

people: omg, nightwave are too grindy!/ it feels like i'm forced to play the game/ nightwave are trash and unfun! / too much grind with unsatisfactory rewads/ i rather play some other games,  rather than spend hours at grinding nightwave!/remove the nightwave, i want the old allert system back!

De temporally removes nightwave(one week at worst)-

Reveal hidden contents

they told us they were going to temporally remove nightwave, they told us what changes they would have made, but still:

people: general panic! mass hysteria! concern! everyone getting mad because nightwave is gone, false accusation about "incapacitated to farm nitain, because nightwave was the only way to get it"

lol guys, make up your mind.

Haha! You beat me to it!

I was going to post pretty much the same thing...

Thank you for being a voice of sanity amongst the madness. 

giphy.gif

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 2

Just want to take a moment to let all you Nightwave-lovers know that the reason you're finding so much support on the forums right now is people like me, who absolutely despise Nightwave and everything that it stands for, literally stopped playing the moment we hit rank 30. It was just that bad. Nightwave is everything wrong with the current F2P gaming model, with arbitrary (often mind-numbingly boring and long) challenges, no useful rewards until you've sunk a massive amount of time and effort into it, and heavy time-gating.

And now they're telling me to do it again?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

nobody is forcing you to do the nightwave...

you hit rank 30? good, you got all your rewards, and if you continue the nightwave, you get wolfcred, and with wolfcred you can buy nitain/helmets/ and reactors, you don't have a reason to continue? then stop.

" no useful rewards" ,... weapon slot/formax3/20 K KUVA/unique mods/acranes, all of this is useless? "until you've sunk a massive amount of time and effort into it"...dude, it took me like, 2 hours or at worst one day, to complete 3/4 of the weekly missions of the nightwave, yes, some missions are long and hard(1 h surv/ 1h kuva surv/ 40 w of defence), but...weren't the players that asked for some challenges? if you don't want to do these missions that requires "a massive amount of time and effort", then don't do it, you can do other missions and still reach rank 30.

I like Nightwave and although it does suck having to wait for season 2, I'll wait.  Made it to rank 48 and had fun with it.

These "nobody likes it" and "Nightwave is trash" should always be followed by "IMO" because you are NOT speaking for the entire playerbase.  People who like stuff don't come to forums to complain becaaaauuusee...they like the content, what a concept!!  And yes, I left positive feedback in the proper Nightwave feedback thread.

Edit:  typo

Edited by (XB1)Sumosan13
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

nobody is forcing you to do the nightwave...

you hit rank 30? good, you got all your rewards, and if you continue the nightwave, you get wolfcred, and with wolfcred you can buy nitain/helmets/ and reactors, you don't have a reason to continue? then stop.

" no useful rewards" ,... weapon slot/formax3/20 K KUVA/unique mods/acranes, all of this is useless? "until you've sunk a massive amount of time and effort into it"...dude, it took me like, 2 hours or at worst one day, to complete 3/4 of the weekly missions of the nightwave, yes, some missions are long and hard(1 h surv/ 1h kuva surv/ 40 w of defence), but...weren't the players that asked for some challenges? if you don't want to do these missions that requires "a massive amount of time and effort", then don't do it, you can do other missions and still reach rank 30.

I still don't understand why people don't get this.

I mean, they want challenges....DE gives it to them, they complain.  DE takes it away, they complain some more...

And honestly, I don't understand why people are attacking us for posting POSITIVE thoughts on the game forums for once.  Like, 100 hate-posts, and that's fine... but post ONE NICE THING and they flock at us with insults and such.

It's just a game, folks...and everyone has their own opinions.  YOU don't have to convince ME to hate something you hate, and I don't need to convince you to LIKE what I LIKE.  I play what I enjoy, y'all can do the same.

Why do people feel the need to spread the hate?

• Like 1

First, DE took away alerts and gave us Nightwave. Now, DE has taken away Nightwave and left us with nothing. Even if it is only for a couple weeks, that is still pretty crappy. It makes them look bad, like they simply didn't plan ahead and forgot to make sure it all fit together properly. Its also frustrating for people that like Nightwave and people that don't. Whether you enjoyed logging it to do your challenges, or only did it begrudgingly for the rewards, either way you have nothing to do right now, and can't even get those rewards any other way.

This is yet another reason why alerts should have not been removed. Whatever flaws that they had, at least alerts never completely disappeared for weeks at a time, leaving the players with no way to get their exclusive rewards. If they were still around, then they would still be here to fill in the gap left by Nightwave.

Plus, this is a bit unrelated to the main topic, but I am fairly certain that Nightwave takes much more development effort than alerts did. Alerts were almost entirely automated, leaving DE to focus on the rest of the game while they did their thing in the background. But now they have to spend time making a new Nightwave season every couple months, taking precious development resources away from everything else. It seems like the Jovian Concord has been taking way longer to come out than it should have based on what all has been announced, and I am betting Nightwave season 2 is to blame.

• Like 2

On 2019-05-21 at 7:48 AM, BloodKitten said:

warframe players can be summed as tsundere, they say they hate it, but they really dont, and when its gone they start to be honest and want it back.

not that i know personally or anything, just putting it as a joke.

I guess... That kinda explain something?