Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture Mission Bug

(PSN)Vexx757

I have noticed that when I play syndicate mission captures every time I capture the target and head to extraction there are no enemies left to kill, I`m also going to assume this is the case for all capture missions. This has been going on for years now DE please fix this and if anyone has noticed this, please confirm this.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

This has been going on for years now DE please fix this and if anyone has noticed this, please confirm this.

It isn't a bug. DE made a change that after the objective is completed in some missions the enemies stop spawning. People were farming Excavation as if it was Survival back when it came out. DE made this change soon after if I remember correctly.

44 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It isn't a bug. DE made a change that after the objective is completed in some missions the enemies stop spawning. People were farming Excavation as if it was Survival back when it came out. DE made this change soon after if I remember correctly.

^ This

It hasn't been happening for years, it changed in The Sacrifice (for captures at least, I don't remember the change krc473 mentions as I haven't been around that long). The reason was Galatea on Neptune where many were farming for Oxium. Basically you ran to the target, capped it and then just ran around which kept the Oxium Ospreys spawning (they spawned on this map in higher numbers). Initially they just stopped the spawns when you captured the target so players started downing the target and leaving them on the floor to farm. The second change added a bleedout timer so the downed target couldn't be left on the floor when farming.

I remember the change very well as I had just started farming Oxium for Vauban Prime which killed Oxium farming pretty badly. I had to move to IO on Jupiter and it took significantly longer to acquire Oxium until they tweaked the Oxium Osprey spawns in defence a while later.

Edited by Shalath