Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yellow doors on Remastered Jupiter?

Steel_Rook

Question

I've found a number of yellow doors with obvious loot locked behind them on the new Remastered Jupiter tileset. In one room, I found an item on the ceiling (forgot what it was called) which could be shot. Doing so opened shutters around the room, exposing Door Access consoles. Hitting one of them started a 20-second time, but hitting all three did nothing. I've since found similar (closed) shutters on a number of other tiles, but have so far not been able to find any way to roll them down, or indeed to open any of the yellow doors. I vaguely remember hearing something about "speedrunning" when they were first introducing the new Tileset, but I've not seen the actual dev streams.

So... How does this mechanic work? What must I do to open those doors?

Edited by Steel_Rook

20 answers to this question

*edit* Summing up Savra's findings in this thread.

Just so we're on the same page: A yellow "loot room" door exists somewhere in a tile. On the front of it in hologram, there's a column of three symbols. I need to find an Access Controller item somewhere in that tile and shoot it, which opens the shutters to three ??? consoles. Each shutter is marked with a symbol. I need to trigger all three consoles in the order defined by their symbols, as seen on the door top to bottom. All of this has to be done within 20 seconds of triggering the first console, else all consoles reset. Inside is a loot room with one purple locker that seems to drop better loot. In my case, there was also a glass door with Sentient parts that I couldn't open, leading to a room with what looks to be Alad V doing something.

Edited by Steel_Rook

Usually there is a way around them. Either in the same space or the space beside them.

The doors should be able to be opened from the inside of the room.

For example there is a 3 level room in the corpus tileset where you can clearly see through the window there are items in the room.

The way into that room is via the elevator shaft on the right of that room.

Once inside you will be able to open the doors.

There are some content creators on youtube, that are covering this topic of hidden rooms.

for example luktorce

Edited by THE_ZEEK

That's an old video, though. I'm aware of those rooms on most tilesets, but the Jupiter ones seem to be unique. There are door consoles of some kind and we looked up-and-down with no luck finding a vent to get inside any of them. Are you saying there's no unique mechanic to those and they're just standard-issue hidden rooms? *edit* I'm specifically talking about the Remastered Jupiter tileset.

Edited by Steel_Rook

I found something called an 'Access Controller' in some of the bigger tiles (including one with a marked door like yours) which opens up several covers marked with a triangle or square or something, revealing '???' consoles that give you a timed door override, but I haven't been able to access any doors yet, or activate them all fast enough to activate whatever happens next

1 minute ago, Savra said:

I found something called an 'Access Controller' in some of the bigger tiles (including one with a marked door like yours) which opens up several covers marked with a triangle or square or something, revealing '???' consoles that give you a timed door override, but I haven't been able to access any doors yet, or activate them all fast enough to activate whatever happens next

Yup! We found said Access Controller (it was the name I couldn't remember) and gained access to the ??? consoles. Interacting with them starts a 20-second timer, but we triggered all of the ones we could find within those 20 seconds and nothing happened. I don't think we missed a console, but I'm almost positive they're related to the yellow doors. The timer is marked "Door Access" or some such. I've not been able to find another Access Controller since, however.

So when you say "top to bottom," what does that actually mean? I'm looking at three shapes - a circle with the bottom cut off, a down-facing triangle and a square. Where do I find the sequence? *edit* Dur... On the door itself! 🙂

Edited by Steel_Rook

ok, so, my second set of consoles opened an unmarked door, I guess that's a thing too..., but again, the order of consoles involved me dropping down to the next one every time, I guess that's just the general order then?

ok, it did not end there, in that same treasure room was a window that looked out into some experimentation room..., shot someone with punchthrough, a sentient showed up, and after switching to operator mode (possibly a coincidence) the room opened for me, which gave me another captura scene and let me fight some amalgams

the glass door can be opened by shooting it with your amp, I've found out..., tried it with my earlier room (same mission, I'm combing over every inch of the place)

as for the consoles, I've had 4 consoles each time, and my second attempt involved an unmarked door

Hmm... I've opened two of them so far, one had three markings and the other two. I'll keep looking. Probably shoot the door with my amp, see what happens. Thanks for the tip. It's a Sentient door - should be susceptible to void damage 🙂

*edit*
Got the Sentient door open. Inside there is... Kind of a buggy fight. Scientists keep respawning infinitely in large groups. They're pretty weak and give me ~1600 Affinity per kill (probably closer to 800 as I have a Booster). This seems like a bug as there's no visual effect to indicate they're teleporting in, plus this seems REALLY abusable to farm for Affinity and Focus. I can stay there AFK and let my Sentinel keep killing them.

There's also a sorta-boss-fight with a proper Sentient and some Amalgam humanoids. For some reason, Jupiter Senitents don't seem to drop Sentient Cores.

Edited by Steel_Rook

3 hours ago, Savra said:

they remain visible above the consoles, opening my door gave me a captura scene for the 'Gas City Central Drop'

Weird, I tried all combination of which to turn on first but all won't work. So would you mind telling which you press first, 2nd n 3rd? Thanks

Edited by kyori

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Weird, I tried all combination of which to turn on first but all won't work. So would you mind telling which you press first, 2nd n 3rd? Thanks

As was said, the doors list the respective order (and number) of buttons to push.

well, in the big "elevator" room, there where 4 consols to open the smaller yellow door to the demolyst/sentient lab. idk if the correct sequence is randome but i opend the door (which, btw, didn't have the sequence displayed on it like some other doors do) by using the consoles from up to down. with alot of void dashing and a few bullet jumps, i had about 5 sec left when i reached the lowest console.

but what i'm still not sure of, is how i opened up the shutters that hide those consoles in the first place - might be that once i activate the only open console of the sequence, the others opened up too...

PS: the sequence was triangle, open square, full square, 'half' circle

and that's the room in question:

uE8pMTi.jpg

Edited by fr4gb4ll

That room's "yellow door" is quite buggy. There ARE symbols drawn on it, but someone messed up their orientation so they don't point outwardly away from the door. Instead, they're rotated down. You can sort of see what looks like glowing symbols stuck sideways into the door if you jam your camera into the floor and look up at the door. The symbols themselves are still not clear, though.

The Access Controller in this room is at the very top of the Lambda Reactor looking structure, high above where the top-most exist is. There are a few small platforms lining the silo, and one of them stands directly opposite the Access Controller.