Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't ropalolyst drop eidolon shards or cores?

0_The_F00l

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Well we don't really have any non eidolon giant Sentients in the game other than the ropa for comparison. 

But we do have non giant Eidolons, the Vomvalyst is an Eidolon. The point is that the drops you're talking about are named "Eidolon", so then can only come from Eidolons (Or as you point out, possibly, things that may hunt Eidolons)

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

We aren't sure what the shards are, if they are exclusive to eidolons its fine, but I don't think there is any clear reason why shards are exclusive to eidolons (other than the current reason for this discussion). 

We don't, but we do know what the are called, that is the information we have. We also know what "Eidolon" means (especially given that Steve explained their use of the term prior to the launch of the Plains) In the absence of any other information "Eidolon XXX" shouldn't drop from something that isn't an Eidolon.

Edited by SilentMobius

On 2019-05-24 at 10:35 PM, seprent said:

maybe because its very simple to kill once you get into the flow of it and would lead to very fast farming of cores?

they probably get fried also since you need to fire the giant space Tesla cannon to fully break it other wise he will heal and back to square one the sound may have been used for quick identification its immobile fire the death cannon 

dunno first though that came to my mind 

Lord knows Teralyst is so hard to do.

1 hour ago, kikasnoob said:

i think its because the corpus had already captured it so they get the shards.

The first time you see it, it is stuck against a wall and then gets released.

I'm afraid you're mistaken, the first time you see it, it's hanging around trashing corpus. Alad V is quite clear that it's been terrorizing them for a while now.

2 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I'm afraid you're mistaken, the first time you see it, it's hanging around trashing corpus. Alad V is quite clear that it's been terrorizing them for a while now.

oh my bad 😕

it looked like it was trapped.

13 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Eidolons are functionally Sci-Fi undead. 

In a fantasy setting if you need "Ichor of the undead" as a component you aren't going to get that from a non-undead human even though each undead was once a living human.

• "Sentient cores" - Fine, It probably should have those
  • "Eidolon Shards" - No it shouldn't have those. Maybe something thing that can be used in a similar manner but not that specific drop.

You see, that's where you're both right and wrong on the second one.

Eidolon Shard, we should be getting a whole and intact version of whatever that is originally. So a big Sentient Something. But I think the issue is that DE hasn't come up with that yet.

On 2019-05-25 at 11:17 AM, SilentMobius said:

No it's not, The update notes are mistaken, the codex is correct.

The Ropalolyst is a live sentient (fragment). "Eidolon" Means "spirit, ghost, undead" That designation is for the fragments of the dead sentient from the plains near Cetus (As per the codex)

• Eidolon Vomvalyst
  • Eidolon Teralyst
  • Eidolon Gantulyst
  • Eidolon Hydroyst

Live Sentient Fragments are not "Eidolon"

• Oculyst
  • Battalyst
  • Conculyst
  • Mimic
  • Ropalolyst

While I agree with your assessment, we get a glimpse of the Ropalolyst in Plains of Eidolon during the Mask of the Revenant quest ... hence, it was not hard to think that the Ropalolyst was a piece of the Eidolon (or the Eidolon itself!) before the update and lore.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

While I agree with your assessment, we get a glimpse of the Ropalolyst in Plains of Eidolon during the Mask of the Revenant quest ... hence, it was not hard to think that the Ropalolyst was a piece of the Eidolon (or the Eidolon itself!) before the update and lore.

Given that we see Conculysts, Battalysts and Ropalolysts in the New War trailer, I don't currently believe that Sentient Fragments are unique to the "parent" Sentient. So there is no reason to assume there won't be an Eidolon Ropalolyst at some point (We have been shown a render for just that) But even then the team were pointing out the difference between the non-Eidolon version vs the damaged one from the Plains

u35st51pbpo21.jpg

So as soon as we saw the trailer we should have known.

That said I don't believe "Eidolon" refers to the "parent" dead Sentient itself, it's just a descriptive term for the fragments trying to fix themselves without the "parent" sentient mind to direct them. In the Gara Fragments the Sentient that Gara destroys is always referred to just as "Sentient" and in the Mask of the Revenant quest Nakak is clear that the Spirit controlling the Revenant is "Some Eidolon" making it clear that "Eidolon" is a descriptive term for the collection of fragments.

"He's become a mask for some Eidolon! We can't let it rebuild itself! Tenno, you need to destroy it!"

It's like a fantasy Litch king is destroyed and his undead still roam the land, undirected and rotting. But just because the Zombies, Ghouls, Skeletons all have the descriptor "undead" doesn't mean that is the "name" of the Litch, it's just a category.

Edited by SilentMobius

It isn't an eidolon.

Eidolons are fragments of a Dead Sentient that wander the plains thanks to Temple Kuva exposure.

They are lifeless/mindless reanimated husks that are desperately trying to repair the corpse of their main body using anything they can find.

Sentient but...without sentience.

The Ropalyst...whatever...is a full fledged Sentient.

Also, compared to a Teralyst it's an easy as cake fight.

A Teralyst isn't hard but it takes more preparation & gameplay to bring down. (Amps, Operator. Warframe).

(I admit...focus shouldn't be such a PITa to earn. But given the speed run nature of this fight...to make it drop Brilliant/Radiant Shards...well DE might as well just max everyone's focus. Folks already have the fight doable in 2-3 minutes. Focus would be trivialized.)

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029