Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Gaoth Helmet

Sakura4295

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, CFandCo said:

You could sell sets of Prime Parts to people for the 75 plat. It might take some time but it would get you the plat needed.

Totally not the point, though.

Before Nightwave, alt helmets were immediately added to the random Alert system.
Nightwave season 1 went by and Hildryn's alt helmet didn't show up once.

That means DE is, on purpose, keeping new alt helmets a Plat-only thing, for at least a few months.

Which is of course not the end of the world or anything, but it certainly is a step back
for the "fairness" of Warframe's free-to-play aspect that many have lauded as "decidedly non-scummy" in the past.
Well, it got a bit more scummy with this change. It's still great, but, well, slightly less so now, and that's a bit sad.

• Like 1

Knowing DE, they will either change that if people are unhappy or (and this is most likely at least in my opinion) a total oops on their part.
I think we will see it in season 2 along with Hildryn's alt.
Either way it's not a big deal like you said.

But I don't think this is some cash grab tactic or anything, but who knows i could always be wrong.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Totally not the point, though.

Before Nightwave, alt helmets were immediately added to the random Alert system.
Nightwave season 1 went by and Hildryn's alt helmet didn't show up once.

That means DE is, on purpose, keeping new alt helmets a Plat-only thing, for at least a few months.

Which is of course not the end of the world or anything, but it certainly is a step back
for the "fairness" of Warframe's free-to-play aspect that many have lauded as "decidedly non-scummy" in the past.
Well, it got a bit more scummy with this change. It's still great, but, well, slightly less so now, and that's a bit sad.

It is purely cosmetic.  I'm frankly alright if it was only for plat.  Gotta make money somehow.