Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You call this download speeds? in a game with 100k users

Fartingman

Hi there @Fartingman ^-^

just gonna leave my personal speed during the latest bigger update (25.0) here so you have a comparison: 
9c05f9fb0c.jpg
(Do with that information what you want^^')

Having trouble with the download speed can have multiple reasons. Sometimes it happens because a lot of players try to download the game at the same time, sometimes it's your internet provider, sometimes because you have to download multiple, older updates in 1 go, sometimes it is something on DEs end.( I do not know what exactly... :3)

Overall I have the feeling that the download-speed increased over the past updates. Specially when I compare it with one of my funniest "speeds" I ever had:

IMG_20190502_141413.jpg

Translation: "Downloading Updates: 10357.7 MB (246 B/s) ~ 12263.9 hours left"
(Yes i downloaded it on a new computer that day 😅 As you can see : maybe the more updates you want to install/download the slower the speed? idk...luckely the speed improved up to ~2mb, otherwise it would have taken about ~73 weeks... xD)

Quoting you from a different thread:

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Fartingman:

I deleted this dumb game.

Maybe it has something to do with that? 

I can't solve your download-problem....I think nobody can help you quickly with your download speed...soooo...yea,
Feel free to take a walk, or look at some funny/interesting videos, read stuff (not only this comment but something more fullfilling like one of those "books" people talk about) hug the nearest person next to you...idk.
Make the best out of it 🙂 

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Edited by Fabpsi
  • Like 6

Why people will stay even tho they can't handle the game is beyond me. I mean, stay, go, take a break, provide feedback, etc. It doesn't matter to me but why make a big fuss about it? If you are frustrated this is harldy the way to go. And it applies to everyone of us.

• Like 4

Thanks for the nice and cool replies. That update was of the latest update of two or so weeks.

I'll just be taking a break for now. I'll be playing GTA V online, continue The Witcher 3, and some Elite Dangerous.

Have fun outthere!

Edited by Fartingman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fartingman said:

Shame

z8ijjO2.png

Yes i have one gigabit internet connection. 

Well MANY factors can affect download speeds...not just your connection.

I only have a 20MB download speed but usually get my updates at around 2MB/sec. I've also seen them fluctuate and go as low as you've shown, when I've tried downloading an update very shortly after release (when half the player base is also trying to DL it).

Your screenshot proves nothing, except DL speeds vary from one user to another (big surprise!).

You might want to try using something like PingPlotter to see which part of the route between DE's servers and your PC is causing the slowdown, instead of just automatically assuming its DE's fault.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

ah, fartingman. what a legend. we'll tell the tale of the guy with the sh*tty connection who ragequit the entire game instead of going out and getting a nice lunch or something, for years to come.

The download speed is still atrocious I see - DE is of course fully aware of this, but choses again and again to save a few bucks on faster download servers for their game updates, so they can pay their Chinese masters a few more bucks in revenue.

I live in Scandinavia, Europe with the best internet network infrastructure - still the 4GB Fortuna Updates took days to download - when it should have been finished in 20 minutes.

51 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

The download speed is still atrocious I see - DE is of course fully aware of this, but choses again and again to save a few bucks on faster download servers for their game updates, so they can pay their Chinese masters a few more bucks in revenue.

I live in Scandinavia, Europe with the best internet network infrastructure - still the 4GB Fortuna Updates took days to download - when it should have been finished in 20 minutes. 

Well I live in what is almost a 3rd world country and the last (3GB) update took me less than 10 minutes. Maybe if most European providers didn't abuse the S#&$ out of the phrase "up to".

Not to say I don't believe you that it took you literal days, remembering Virgin in the UK, but I am taking it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1