Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

vauban

(PSN)Neo7590

so i played Vauban and honestly he isn't that bad as people make him out to be, he's pretty efficient if you use the right mods and if you use him in a right way, i mean look at frost or any frame for that matter, you have to know your frame to use them well, not everything needs cool effects or high damage numbers if you know how to use the abilities right in conjunction with the weapons 

He does the job for the right mission, mobile defense and defense. he is a stationary warframe and has no offensive capability which makes him bad as most frames can crowd control and deal damage like nidus. Vauban's first ability doesnt do much damage but it can stun, easily replacable with wisps blue mote, his second ability bounce is just a bulletjump, the armor stripping on is just additional corrosive projection in a very small zone, his trip laser 'kinda' does the job and the last one i forgot what it was, his 3rd and 4th can be replaced by nidus second ability. I only used him when i had the 3 headshots in single aim glide riven challenge so I can shoot them easier without them going dead or moving. Compared to the rest of the frames he is bad, and even if you think he is good he is getting a rework anyways

I agree.

The thing is, Vauban was God-Tier, when he was release.

Now he's 'only good'.

He has never been really nerfed (aside from the very reasonable Bastille nerf, years ago), so he didn't become bad, several new Warframe simply became as good or even better than him.

Technically Vauban is still god tier, but other Warframe became Ultra-instinct-tier, so god tier doesn't seem to be that impressive anymore.

Vauban's kit simply doesn't have a place in most missions. He can't be considered a bad frame just based on his kit, but Warframe has turned into a numbers game. He's too passive, and nukes thrive in the current game state. Frankly, it's not Vauban that needs a rework, it's the scaling enemies (hp, armor, etc.) that need to be readjusted, and then couple that with enemies that straight up ignore your abilities, it makes CC obsolete. Also, his abilities mostly don't combo with each other (i.e. Nidus' 2 works like a weaker Vortex, but it lets Nidus stack his passive quickly, so there's more incentive to use it)

I agree Vauban isnt a bad frame, i used to play him a lot when he first came out and he got even more utility with his rework a wile back but there are frames more suitable than him for most mission types which is why he gets outshined.

I wish [DE] would swap his Second ability`s place, make it his first ability and reduce the energy cost so players could use the grenades and traps more often wile making a better equivalent of the Tesla or some Sentry for his Second.