Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of God, Change Matchmaking.

(PSN)whoistimjones

On 2019-06-07 at 7:27 AM, H0PE said:

Everything you explain here is already there. Called Recruite channel.

Does exactly that. You can find people to play as long as you want and play the certain role as you want. I suggest to get a clan, get into recruitement, stop expecting PUG to do what you THINK YOU EXPECT from them to do.

Use the tools. But don't be one (sorry it sounded very smart@rse sentence I couldn't leave it out just for the sake of writing it, I don't think you're a tool just upset :)).

I shouldn't expect people to stay alive(or not get mad because I refuse to pick them up because they want to use squishy frames but not use them in squishy frame ways)? Pretty illogical imo. As for the recruit and clan thing, I already responded to that multiple times. Not getting in to that again.

On 2019-04-22 at 5:10 AM, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Can we please get a Host/Join option, instead of the game choosing for me?

There are technical reasons why this is a hard change. The problem is basically the Prisoners' Dilemma, most players will want to host because it confers an advantage, and only switch to joining if that's the only way they can get a match. 

Basically, for the simplest case of 2 players:

- H/H no match, both players lose

- H/J match, but one player always has host advantage

- J/J match, host alternates (what we have now).

The matchmaking algorithm picks the host by a variety of complex ways, but almost certainly including things like mutual ping and NAT type. You might be a good fit for one group with a host in the middle but where you are on one side. 

The net result is everyone waits longer to get a match. 

DE are going to want to optimise for the shortest waits for the most players, and implementing host-only risks that.

I'd rather they took that dev time (and matchmaking changes are an expensive PiTA to test) and spent it either making host migrations stable or adding dedicated hosts.

Meanwhile...

On 2019-06-07 at 3:37 AM, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Sick of playing with bite size people. Please add a lobby system/host or join system

You can kind of do that in recruiter chat already. 

But another thing they could build is a proper LFG feature, and I'd rather have that than host-only too.

4 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

You can kind of do that in recruiter chat already. 

But another thing they could build is a proper LFG feature, and I'd rather have that than host-only too.

You're speaking to a brick wall.  He doesn't want to hear anything that doesn't agree with him.  Check the previous pages to see just what I mean.  This battle isn't worth your time fellow Tenno.  

9 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

So, OP doesn't want to use recruiting chat because he hates just waiting around in recruit chat, so he wants a lobby system with filtering because he thinks it's faster and easier? Am I reading this thread right?

Yes and he is right to a certain extent. For missions like eso/arbi/orb/eidolon having a lobby system in addition to the random matchmaking that can be easily accessed would speed up macthmaking, would reduce in mission toxicity and would even make ppl interact more giving you the possibility to make friends just hanging out in the lobby preparing for the mission.

First, in the recruit chat you can post what you wanna do but in a minute it will vanish so you have to constantly spamming it. The more you spam and the more ppl uses it the worst the situation becomes. It can take a long time to get a group together. If oyu are just looking for something to do and wanna chack out if thre is something the recruit chat the worst place to go. Everything is just put together moving fast and if you use filters you could potentially miss out on mission that otherwise you would have participated in.

Secondly most of the time ppl doesn't know what to do when they log in. They ask themselves what to do then start to try to get a team for it or just jump in a pub 99% of the time, because it's faster. However if you , dunno, you get a tab on your mission screen like lobbies with the possibility to quickly access a specific lobby system like eidolons/eso/arbi/orbs, have a fast look if there is something that you fancy and join immediately if you like and prepare once in the group so would speed up targeted machmaking by a tousand.

Thirdly because everybody has chosen to be in certain party and use that party's requierment it would reduce toxicity significantly.

I don't really see that everybody would want to host. On the contrary, many ppl doesn't have a strong enough computer to host and they are aware of it would prefer not to become the host. Many just do not want the responsability of the team.

To be fair all in all it would be a great addition to what we have.

The only problem is that while it's not difficult to pull it off but it need a bit of work and new UI should be created for it. Not sure if DE wanna put time in it at all. I would say they probably wouldn't.