Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of God, Change Matchmaking.

(PSN)whoistimjones

• 1 month later...

Sick of playing with bite size people. Please add a lobby system/host or join system. I don't want to be playing with people who do only rotation A then leave.

Simple answer to this is to let people join or host.

I choose to do Arbitration.

New choice appears: (Square) Host (Triangle) Join:

You choose host, you get to put a title/description on your lobby. You also can choose to host which frames can be used in your lobby(also helps lower toxicity and complaints about certain frames). Also can put other restrictions like certain relics and stuff like that.

You choose join, you see a list of open lobbies on the screen and their restrictions.

Not sure why we still have this "game chooses for me" system in place on a game that's constantly been promoted as a game where I choose how I play. This matchmaking right now is absolutely terrible. Please change it.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

You also can choose which frames can be used in your lobby(also helps lower toxicity and complaints about certain frames). Also can put other restrictions like certain relics and stuff like that.

i'm not quite sure if you're on the same page as to what the definition of toxic quite is.

• Like 3

RECRUITING CHAT : A specialized portion of the public chat services provided within Warframe, designated for the purposes of finding groups, clans, and people to play with when you have a particular mission in mind, giving you room to lay out expectations and collect a group of people who have similar desires.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i'm not quite sure if you're on the same page as to what the definition of toxic quite is.

Toxicity is a blanket term for negativity.

6 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

RECRUITING CHAT : A specialized portion of the public chat services provided within Warframe, designated for the purposes of finding groups, clans, and people to play with when you have a particular mission in mind, giving you room to lay out expectations and collect a group of people who have similar desires.

Obviously recruit chat is insufficient in it's job, otherwise I wouldn't be here giving the feedback that I gave. Not everyone wants to sit in chat spamming the same thing constantly.

• Like 1

Other games do matchmake based on certain stats. It would actually be nice if they weighted matchmaking towards average completion in the game mode. This thread might sound like a guy whining but there's a not so horrible idea loosely buried in there.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

1 hour ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Sick of playing with bite size people. Please add a lobby system/host or join system. I don't want to be playing with people who do only rotation A then leave.

Simple answer to this is to let people join or host.

I choose to do Arbitration.

New choice appears: (Square) Host (Triangle) Join:

You choose host, you get to put a title/description on your lobby. You also can choose to host which frames can be used in your lobby(also helps lower toxicity and complaints about certain frames). Also can put other restrictions like certain relics and stuff like that.

You choose join, you see a list of open lobbies on the screen and their restrictions.

Not sure why we still have this "game chooses for me" system in place on a game that's constantly been promoted as a game where I choose how I play. This matchmaking right now is absolutely terrible. Please change it.

It is terrible but not as much as you're making it out to be. 

You have a handful of options available that you could be using. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

It is terrible but not as much as you're making it out to be. 

You have a handful of options available that you could be using. 

Like I said, I don't want to sit in that chat channel spamming the same thing. In fact, based on the afk system and how they do frames now, sitting around like that is something they want to move away from. Every frame now is active AF, or at least they think they are

A clan is no different than a chat channel. You type out what you're doing and your objectives and wait.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

A clan is no different than a chat channel. You type out what you're doing and your objectives and wait. 

In all honesty, the same thing can happen with lobbies.  You can end up waiting for people to join.  

42 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Obviously recruit chat is insufficient in it's job, otherwise I wouldn't be here giving the feedback that I gave. Not everyone wants to sit in chat spamming the same thing constantly.

1 hour ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

You also can choose to host which frames can be used in your lobby

you can do that in recruit chat but you chose to not use it and that's somehow DE's problem

Edited by Pro3Display

2 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

And I explained why I don't want to. Not sure what your point is.

"i'm tired of sitting alone in an empty lobby, wish DE added a chat where i could advertise my lobby for people to join"

would be your next topic after they add what you want

Edited by Pro3Display
  • Like 2

Just now, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

And I explained why I don't want to. Not sure what your point is.

I think i can help with this.  Not wanting to do something is NOT the same as can't or not being able to do something.  

Also these....

21 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

In all honesty, the same thing can happen with lobbies.  You can end up waiting for people to join.  

1 minute ago, Pro3Display said:

"i'm tired of sitting alone in an empty lobby, wish DE added a chat where i could advertise my lobby for people to join"

would be your next topic after they add what you want

1 minute ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Why do I get the feeling that everyone would choose to host rather than scroll down a list 10k lobbies long looking for the one with settings that match their desires?

1 minute ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Where did I say remove the chat? Lol, what?

you miss the point.

point is that in the end of the day you'll have to resort to recruit chat one way or the other.

you either use chat to get people to play with you or you don't complain about randoms not meeting your expectations

5 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

you miss the point.

point is that in the end of the day you'll have to resort to recruit chat one way or the other.

you either use chat to get people to play with you or you don't complain about randoms not meeting your expectations

I didn't miss anything, you tried to twist my words but it didn't work. A fallacy, really.

And no, I won't go back to recruit Because if it's implemented properly, there wouldn't be a need to. The options available on join and host would help people get in with people who share the same objectives quickly.

Edit: A prime example of this is Dungeon Defenders 2. Has chat(both voice and text) and the lobby system. Works flawlessly.

Edited by (PS4)whoistimjones
Fortifying my reasoning

1 minute ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

As for the lobby being the same as recruit, your lobby is the mission, lol. I mean, if you really need help for the first 5 waves then that's your choice. Me however, I'm not just going to wait. People always join within the allowed time/waves.

You can technically do this already with people on your friends list and clan members.  You can join in on their missions as long as they aren't solo, invite only, or past the 5-10 minute mark of the mission

They could allow search / join parameters, only join with players based on certain criteria you set on yourself, particular MR, number hours played, preffered mission setup frame allotment, so on & so forth, a number of other MMOs do the same thing, but otherwise 2 things, 1, your trusting DE to handle your matchmaking even further, which means more possible glitches, more software tweaking & bugs upon bugs, 2, theres still no guarantee that even under these circumstances you wouldnt get people setting the same limitations you have & them just bailing anyway, no real way to enforce the parameters without stepping on toes & forcing things on players they may not want.

Your best bet & the least costly on DEs end is for you to find & friend likeminded players, otherwise you get what ya get with pugs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

You can technically do this already with people on your friends list and clan members.  You can join in on their missions as long as they aren't solo, invite only, or past the 5-10 minute mark of the mission

Again, this is just another type of recruit. Plus, All the clans I've been in have clicks. Not everyone is talking/playing with everyone and I mean EVERY CLAN IN EVERY GAME EVER. Not a thing you can say to sway me, it doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

They could allow search / join parameters, only join with players based on certain criteria you set on yourself, particular MR, number hours played, preffered mission setup frame allotment, so on & so forth, a number of other MMOs do the same thing, but otherwise 2 things, 1, your trusting DE to handle your matchmaking even further, which means more possible glitches, more software tweaking & bugs upon bugs, 2, theres still no guarantee that even under these circumstances you wouldnt get people setting the same limitations you have & them just bailing anyway, no real way to enforce the parameters without stepping on toes & forcing things on players they may not want.

Your best bet & the least costly on DEs end is for you to find & friend likeminded players, otherwise you get what ya get with pugs.

This would be cool, if not for the fact that high MR means nothing. I've seen 20+ play worse than 8. I think my idea would be better. I appreciate the idea though, everyone else just wants everything to stay the same, as if there's no problem.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

I didn't miss anything, you tried to twist my words but it didn't work. A fallacy, really.

And no, I won't go back to recruit Because if it's implemented properly, there wouldn't be a need to. The options available on join and host would help people get in with people who share the same objectives quickly.

Edit: A prime example of this is Dungeon Defenders 2. Has chat(both voice and text) and the lobby system. Works flawlessly.

when you open your navigation, oh what a surprise, it automatically creates a matchmaking lobby where you can invite people you has chatted with or your friends/clanmates can join and it works flawlessly

and all this is not in some dungeon defenders but, surprise surprise, in warframe. amazing isn't it

Edited by Pro3Display
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

when you open your navigation, oh what a surprise, it automatically creates a matchmaking lobby where you can invite people you has chatted with or your friends/clanmates can join and it works flawlessly

and all this is not in some dungeon defenders but, surprise surprise, in warframe. amazing isn't it

You're saying the same thing over and over that's already been debunked. So since you have nothing else to say im done talking to you. Have a good one.

Oh and btw, dungeon Defenders doesn't have that because you are always in a matchmaking lobby that I can invite people to. Might wanna do some research before talking about things you know nothing about.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

You're saying the same thing over and over that's already been debunked. So since you have nothing else to say im done talking to you. Have a good one.

Oh and btw, dungeon Defenders doesn't have that because you are always in a matchmaking lobby that I can invite people to. Might wanna do some research before talking about things you know nothing about.

oh i must really say that i am sincerely sorry for misunderstanding your point of view.

DE should definitely increase the ability to find lobbies that meet certain criteria for reading impaired people as they cant use the recruitment chat to its full extent

Edited by Pro3Display
grammar