Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blazing Step Ephemera

Dear DE the Blazing Step Ephemera is a ridiculous farm. I have been running ESO many many times a day basically since it was added. Despite a few breaks here and there I have still not been able to obtain it. I know how RNG works and it is just the luck of the draw, however this seems to me to be the most unreasonable farm in the game. I am MR 27 and have everything in the game including conclave done. This farm is 23 minutes long for a 1.01% chance at a cosmetic item that is supposed to he some sort of prestigous thing for end game players to have. Getting this cosmetic purely through RNG with such long runs and low odds in a game mode that is not one of your best and most end game players have been done with it for a long long time, makes no sense to me. I had very high hopes you would address this with the update coming out. It does not appear that you are, and not only that your most recent primetime with rebecca and megan they actually ran the mission trying to get it and it was never once brought up how much it takes to get this item if you are extreamly unlucky like myself. If some sort of standing system can be implemented (much like basically every other game mode in warframe) or at least make the odds of getting this better, myself as well as im sure many end game players would really appreciate it. I find it very odd the shocking and freezing ephemeras were taken from a 6% chance (not that bad with a orb mother fight running about 14 minutes) to a 10% chance. While ESO's 23 minute runs and 1.01% drop chance werent even mentioned. Whomever reads this I really appreciate your time and hope something can be done to help the players wanting this ephemera to complete there collections are able to do so without such difficulty.

Thanks again sincerely, RimuruTempest377

Edited by (PS4)shurtugal377
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That would be nice i suppose, at least it would be easier to obtain. I do feel that kind of defeats the purpose of what they were originally inteded to be though. They were originally announced as rewards for dedicated players and achievements. While RNG certainly doesn't reflect that i guess nightwave kind of does. I may be mistaken but i feel like most players are doing the nightwaves for the different prizes, if the ephemeras were in the prize pool that wouldn't in my personal oppinion be something that only "dedicated" players  would be getting. Basically everyone would have it. I Don't mind that at all but I think it would be benificial if D.E sort of just stuck with one thing; either they are just RNG and good luck getting them, they are an achievement of some sort, or they require some sort of dedication to get like a certain amount of runs or a certain amount of standing from a capped off syndicate like quills etc. 

Am 25.6.2019 um 13:30 schrieb Rugre:

Why are they even RNG? They should be a reward for achieving something, like reaching wave 24 or something like that

Dunno...i mean in the Devstream in which they first mentioned the EidolonEphemera they talked about that there should be some sort of task related to Eidolons (either lots of captures or a very specific way of capturing them)....and now its a Nightwave reward. I understand that Gear like (Prime)Frames and Weapons or Mods or stuff like that is locked behind RNG, and thats somewhat ok for me in a F2P-Game.

But imo it would be really nice if cosmetics like this would be tied to some sort of task that is related to it.

That way, when i see someone wearing it i think "ok that person mastered Eidolons" or "that person did really well in ESO" instead of

"ok maybe he got lucky the first time he ran a mission - or he ran it 200 times, who knows and who cares its all about luck anyways".

Just like with the Badges you can get for Animal-Conservation - if someone wears it i know that this person dedicated himself to get it.

On the other hand, i dont like conservation and i will never get that badge - and that is totally fine!