Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star massive fps drop in cave

Vanilla_nuka

For me, in one of the caves where the toxin tube spawns, I get massive frame drops. The one cave on the bottom right hand side of the map, by the shore line. My fps drops from 72 down to 30 while in the cave, and then returns to normal when I leave it. And I mean to the point where the game is stuttering and really chugging to try and keep the fps up, prior to plague star I didnt have any problems with any of the caves

The cave Im speaking of is in the hillside ruin section of the map, the other cave by twin horns gave me some fps drops aswell, but not nearly as bad

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

That is not due to the event. This cave has been like this since the Plains of Eidolon Remaster. You can see the FPS dropping in the bottom left, from a stable 72 to 22 and the frame time almost quadrupling for no reason and it happens only in that small projector area in the beginning of the cave.

Edited by z3roblade

I also have some FPS drops, but my FPS drops is not as bad, just drops to 48 FPS on AMD Ryzen 2400g

There are other topics of the same problem. It happens both down in the cave, and up above the cave.

Older topic: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1081546-plains-of-eidolon-remastered-hillside-ruin-cave-huge-fps-drop/

Newer topic: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1100697-whats-wrong-with-performance-in-this-area-of-the-plains/

Some memory leak issues related to the caves most likely. Orb Vallis had it at release aswell around certain caves. I've noticed it in PoE since the remaster aswell, the latest run in with it was today where the memory usage went from 1.2gig up to 2.8gig and stayed like that for 20 sec or so causing fps to drop severely. Then after get far enough away from that mixer/cave/drone spot the memory usage went down to normal and the fps went back to a stable 60.

Though the Hemocyte stage is far better now than it was during the previous event. Havent had a single fps drop during that stage this time around.

Edited by SneakyErvin