Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant needs tweaks!

Ramflare

I wouldn't say revenants kit is bad.  I would say it could use some tweaks and bug fixes to let it realize it's potential.  

For starters, it needs bug fixing.

His 1 pillars need to enthrall 100% of the time from any damage they do, the pillars need to damage thralls, and the thralls created by pillars need to produce pillars of their own on death. 

His 2 just needs to freaking work all the time.  It's got way too many bugs.

His 3 needs smoother animations, and to be totally free during danse.  It could also use better effects so you can actually freakin see through it.

His 4 just needs to cost less and to not destroy pillars.  Let it amp pillar damage when you charge his 4.

All in all, his kit has some great synergy, but it also has some antagonistic effects that ruin it a bit.

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I dont use energize. I use arcane barrier and arcane aegis... Dont have energy issues... Use zenurik if i do

Question, why use shield arcanes when your 2 makes you immune to damage? Your shields naturally regen, and your 2 should provide more than enough time to get them to full on their own. Seems rather redundant. 

Also about another reply of yours, the OP and others are talking about issues with certain mechanics of rev. Your subjective opinion of "I think he is good" is not a sufficient form of evidence if your goal is to support the claim "he doesn't need change". 

One of my clan mates is by far the single best vauban I have ever seen. He loves the frame and he alone playing that frame has made vauban our clans most used frame. Been playing for years. Despite how he loves vauban, he even admits that vauban has issues. Simply liking a frame does not mean they don't have issues. So if you think there aren't issues, it would be better to provide counter arguments rather than subjective view points.

• Like 2

I use Revenant a lot and he  is a fun frame to play. I do agree with everyone that his kit need a lot  of tweaking.

skill 1. Thralls. # of active thralls should be a multiplication factor for the rest of his kit, like each thall will increase his skill damage  by 10%. Thralls should not be kill-able by player or his party.  Instead of a useless pillar, all thralls should explode upon on recasting.

skill 2. Link it better with his 1. May be each active thrall will reduce the damage taken by x%. All 7 active you reduce damage by 100%, 6 80% ... etc.

skill 3 need a complete rework. Suggestion is to turn his 3 into something related to sentient. Shoot out a void beam, put sentient to sleep,  silent them ... etc.  He is after all a sentient warden.

Skill 4 should also link to 1 and maybe in a invert ratio - more thralls means less damage. This will provide a more balance damage profile.

Just my 0.02

It's sad how they nerfed his ult like 2-3 times and were done with him. His ultimate was never even overpowered. I mean.. seriously, 20 energy drain per second? That's a lazy way of balancing(how surprising DE does it). Instead of making his other abilities more useable they simply focus on his strongest ability (again, it was never even that good), they simply straight up nerfed it and never looked back. 

I like Revenant but there is not a SINGLE reason to play him. Hell, he is worse than Nyx and Vauban.

Edited by Karu-QW

4 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

It's sad how they nerfed his ult like 2-3 times and were done with him. His ultimate was never even overpowered. I mean.. seriously, 20 enegry drain per second? That's a lazy way of balancing(how surprising DE does it). Instead of making his other abilities more useable they simply focus on his strongest ability (again, it was never even that good), they simply straight up nerf it and never looked back. 

I like Revenant but there is not a SINGLE reason to play him. Hell, he is worse than Nyx and Vauban.

no he isnt. the energy nerf was warrented. now when i see rev i dont see people pressing 4 and staying in it. his kit has bugs that imo if they fix, will bring him up to where he is supposed to be at.

revenant is a damage dealer that can remove dangerous units from play. thats way more balanced than saryn, and mesa who just kill everything without any consideration for other people playing with them.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no he isnt. the energy nerf was warrented. now when i see rev i dont see people pressing 4 and staying in it. his kit has bugs that imo if they fix, will bring him up to where he is supposed to be at.

20 energy per second is an unreasonable amount of energy to ask for considering how revenant's danse macabre isn't even all that powerful, and that it already has so many limitations (limited mobility, stopped by walls, can't hurt things above you).

On top of that, the energy nerf was made without any consideration for the boosted variant, which now costs a ridiculous 40 energy per second. That's almost three times as much as Mesa's peacemakers, and those are much stronger AND nowhere near as restrictive! 

If the unreasonable energy costs are to stay (and they sure are), shouldn't the ability at least TRY to pay for itself? Would making the boosted variant a tad less stupid really be unreasonable? 

Il y a 1 heure, Karu-QW a dit :

Did not see any prerequisites to immortality and agro mobs. Perhaps you have the unique Nyx and Vauban xD

10 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

Question, why use shield arcanes when your 2 makes you immune to damage? Your shields naturally regen, and your 2 should provide more than enough time to get them to full on their own. Seems rather redundant. 

Also about another reply of yours, the OP and others are talking about issues with certain mechanics of rev. Your subjective opinion of "I think he is good" is not a sufficient form of evidence if your goal is to support the claim "he doesn't need change". 

One of my clan mates is by far the single best vauban I have ever seen. He loves the frame and he alone playing that frame has made vauban our clans most used frame. Been playing for years. Despite how he loves vauban, he even admits that vauban has issues. Simply liking a frame does not meahn they don't have issues. So if you think there aren't issues, it would be better to provide counter arguments rather than subjective view points.

I rarely use his two... only in that rare But puckering moment. Not needed otherwise

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I rarely use his two... only in that rare But puckering moment. Not needed otherwise

Are you for real?

As in, you're genuinely saying that you don't use his 2, his one GOOD ability? 

No offense, but It's starting to feel like you don't know what you're talking about, and shouldn't get a say when it comes to his viability. 

Revenant's 2 is currently the one ability in his kit that gives him most of his viability, as it's basically an infinitely scaling tanking power that, when equipped wihh rolling guard, makes him really hard to take down. Defending revenant while simultaneously stating that his mesmer skin is ''situational'' makes absolutely no sense, as his base stats are some of the worst in the game. 

What the hell are you using him against? Level 20 enemies? No wonder you think he's perfectly fine then! Everything is at those levels. 

• Like 2

Let revenant f* alone! He is at the moment one of the most powerful warframes in this game and if you dont see his true power because you just play in level 20 missions then you shouldn’t talk S#&$ about him. 

And BTW his 3 outperform almost all other Warframe abilities even the ivara+ dagger combo 

4 hours ago, JohnLemon123 said:

Are you for real?

As in, you're genuinely saying that you don't use his 2, his one GOOD ability? 

No offense, but It's starting to feel like you don't know what you're talking about, and shouldn't get a say when it comes to his viability. 

Revenant's 2 is currently the one ability in his kit that gives him most of his viability, as it's basically an infinitely scaling tanking power that, when equipped wihh rolling guard, makes him really hard to take down. Defending revenant while simultaneously stating that his mesmer skin is ''situational'' makes absolutely no sense, as his base stats are some of the worst in the game. 

What the hell are you using him against? Level 20 enemies? No wonder you think he's perfectly fine then! Everything is at those levels. 

His two is great dont get me wrong... The ability to not die and free thralling. I just don't use it like a crutch... I assume you do, good on you. Not my playstyle.

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I am interested to see what your build actually is now. Cause free thralls is super nice and you end up casting 1 a lot more than your other abilities. But if you use it just for emergency, then you either have super high eff or don't use abilities much. 

To me it sounds like you just built him like a pseudo-hildryn or just spam 4. My guess is 175 eff, shields, probably adaptation, and a decent amount of power strength with a bit of duration?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

His two is great dont get me wrong... The ability to not die and free thralling. I just don't use it like a crutch... I assume you do, good on you. Not my playstyle.

Bu it's... It's not a crutch! Its a fundamental part of what makes him at all viable in the current meta, and the only part of his kit that's actually too effective for its own good! 

There is absolutely NO reason to ignore it, as it basically makes you into the only tank in the game that doesn't AT ALL care about enemy levels, CC or status so long as you don't fall asleep. Vay hek could throw you into the actual sun, and you'd be fine so long as you still have a charge. 

His Passive, his 1 and his 3 though... Those are were revenant falls short, and BOY do they indeed fall short. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, m0b1us1 said:

I am interested to see what your build actually is now. Cause free thralls is super nice and you end up casting 1 a lot more than your other abilities. But if you use it just for emergency, then you either have super high eff or don't use abilities much. 

To me it sounds like you just built him like a pseudo-hildryn or just spam 4. My guess is 175 eff, shields, probably adaptation, and a decent amount of power strength with a bit of duration?

I tank him. No efficiency, high shields and adaptation with fair power strength, health, lil bit if duration. Use his 4 only if needed. 

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

56 minutes ago, JohnLemon123 said:

Bu it's... It's not a crutch! Its a fundamental part of what makes him at all viable in the current meta, and the only part of his kit that's actually too effective for its own good! 

There is absolutely NO reason to ignore it, as it basically makes you into the only tank in the game that doesn't AT ALL care about enemy levels, CC or status so long as you don't fall asleep. Vay hek could throw you into the actual sun, and you'd be fine so long as you still have a charge. 

His Passive, his 1 and his 3 though... Those are were revenant falls short, and BOY do they indeed fall short. 

I dont use it unless i need to. You have ur opinion and playstyle... And i have mine.