The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame

Kayantao

Pls DE add more endgame that is operator only.

I mean arbitration is fun and all but right now, focus just feels like a bonus that is not actually needed, but just a nice thing to have.

I would rly enjoy endgame that requires to have 1 focus tree maxed, with the equal difficulty depending on that.

I am aware that something like this is no small task, but i rly hope we get more gameplay that is reliant on actually using the operator

or even operator only.

Anyway i am rly happy with the other things lately and are majorly enjoying the wukong rework - good work DE.

Everyone who took the time reading - have a great day.

• Like 1

I don't understand what you don't get to be honest.

Once you reach a certain point you expect certain abilities that you gain very late into the game after a lot of grind, to be needed for something.

And right now the abilities from the focus tree, do not feel needed. They feel more like an overpowered extra that in most situations are absolutely overkill.

And those who talk about endgame wish for content that expects you to own certain abilities and skills, that you grinded for and prove themselfs needed.

Which is what i talked about in my post.

Edited by Kayantao
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

Endgame doesn't exist... except for the Floofs

Ultimately Fashion frame really. But honestly to the OPer, an operator specific game mode would be nice. But we would need so many changes like more focus skill unlocks that really have a strong impact(Maybe the ability for the operator to float/hover in the air while in void mode, a void burst high jump, maybe even the ability for the operator to do a gravity slide[Basically continuously slide at highspeeds while draining void energy gauge] similar to Kat from Gravity Rush series for another interesting way of speedie traversal that does not require modding the warframe specifically for it), amps that can actually serve a purpose in normal game types besides a fanciful magical energy weapon schmick,maybe a melee amp extension to the regular amp, to operators to replace void blast with something that can do damage and some real customization, instead of usually acting as a glorified stun/debuffer due to what tree yer using.

Honestly the base is present, D.E. just needs to let loose on the the creative extensions they could bring out, just like how k-drives should of let you shoot your secondary gun or maybe use war frame abilities while on it...

Edited by Avienas

9 minutes ago, spyvspyaeon said:

what is "endgame" in a lootershooter? I seriously don't get all this,"endgame" talk 

If i had to be specific, i could use Destiny & Borderlands as reference for that. Namely Raids & Raid bosses. Usually a pletora of baddies that require you to bring the big stuff and some creative thinking that sometimes give enough flexibility to where its not one specific strategy needed to take them down.

And no, i am not talking about Eidolons, that basically became speed don-farming cause its not something that is capped to once a day or a week, which usually raid based content tends to give out many things then usually have one specific item to chase after. The old Law of retribution & Jordas Verdicts fit the bill back then but some of it tends to get too specific needie and not as allowable on flexibility in SOME parts and the rewards were pretty much outdated. If we had to get a new raid similar to it, should give out multiple stages of goodies like relics, kuva, arcanes & rare resources(That people actually need like nitain extracts) on top of good chunks of endo and credits always on those last 2 and not sharing the pool with the former batch of items.

Maybe i am spoiled back when i was active on Destiny 1 & 2, but each stage giving a bunch of purples & raid exclusive weapons/armor while still letting me use tokens to get specific ones if my luck was bad felt reward`some, it certainly would be nice if warframe got something like that, but asking for say a exclusive color palette and warframe heads/accessories tied to a raid itself might be asking for a bit too much.~

For looters, you could look at the Diablo series and Path of Exile for endgame concepts. Getting randomized stat loot to make your builds better so you can go to the next difficulty is the endgame for Diablo III. Then you have raids in Destiny and raid bosses in Borderlands that dropped specific gear that was also randomized.

The only thing Warframe has that is randomized stats are Rivens, but DE refuses to use them how other games would and now we have no reward structure for endgame missions. If we got an endgame that just rewarded players mainly Endo (Arbitrations) or Relics (ESO), most players at endgame level will just ignore them.

But, before we get some type of Operator endgame, we need proper Warframe endgame.

Edited by (XB1)dude1286
  • Like 1

Try out Wyrmius or Flappy Zephyr. I hear those a pretty end-game.

They're at least about as end-game as doing something with a mini-game concept like Operator only.

Operators were intended to be mixed with Warframe use along with all the other options we have but don't use. I've spoken about this before but there's this little spot in the game. It only happens when you play Solo between the level range of 300-400 and you can't use Specters. I'm not being sarcastic about this either. In this brief period you'll find yourself using majority of the tools we have at our disposal Operator abilities, Arcanes, Magus Arcanes and synergy with Weapons instead of spam AoE abilities.

Sadly it will take you 2 hours to get there but it's a brief moment where Warframe as a game actually mostly works.

What I'm saying here is we're way beyond the fodder DE throws at us. It's why they've resorted to Immune cheese. They've lost control and yet refuse to allow scaling to do it's job as a natural counter balance to power creep. Groups are a lost cause at this point because they've neglected this concept for so long.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

Try out Wyrmius or Flappy Zephyr. I hear those a pretty end-game.

They're at least about as end-game as doing something with a mini-game concept like Operator only.

Operators were intended to be mixed with Warframe use along with all the other options we have but don't use. I've spoken about this before but there's this little spot in the game. It only happens when you play Solo between the level range of 300-400 and you can't use Specters. I'm not being sarcastic about this either. In this brief period you'll find yourself using majority of the tools we have at our disposal Operator abilities, Arcanes, Magus Arcanes and synergy with Weapons instead of spam AoE abilities.

Sadly it will take you 2 hours to get there but it's a brief moment where Warframe as a game actually mostly works.

What I'm saying here is we're way beyond the fodder DE throws at us. It's why they've resorted to Immune cheese. They've lost control and yet refuse to allow scaling to do it's job as a natural counter balance to power creep. Groups are a lost cause at this point because they've neglected this concept for so long.

I definitely agree on what you said. There is a point of scaling where the game makes you use the abilities you gathered in the grind.

But most of us are not willing to sacrifice 2 and more hours of their live just to reach the point where you are finally able to use them, just for the heck of it.

There is no reward for doing that other than beeing able to say i reached that point. No special reward or anything gives you reason to try that.

And like you said. DE resorted to immunty as a countermeasure which makes their concept hard to balance for a reasonable "Endgame".

And thats why i asked for an endgame like mode - or even an open world like cetus or fortuna, that is operator only.

That would be the easier way and probably more reasonable to ask for, than " remake the entire enemy power system".

But i do think you are right. The problem is rooted deeply in the way enemies work in this game.