Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry Isn't Enough! You Still Haven't Told The Truth De!

Zoibs

Ok sounds like a good reason for the first time. When asked to look at it and then get on a live stream about it how was there more miscommunication. At this point you have had multiple people review it or you shouldn't be saying its fixed. There's no way it got past this step without some one noticing.

They all have lives and family to come home to, they're brains shouldn't be locked on this game 24/7. They're not robots, they can't stare at the forums and work at the same time. And a few complaints about something, on top of EVERYTHING is hard to remember. Try to have sympathy.

I was going to formulate a logical response defending DE as I usually do, but the further I got in your post the more I realized it wasn't criticism but paranoia.

You are wrong. 

You try building a game with a large team of people, each group having an assigned section, then add in new people, and then put in a deadline and take away 3 days of sleep to get it done. That's what happened to DE, and they owned up to it. Most companies just say sorry for the mixup, heres some free crap.

DE took the time to explain what happened and PS: its the truth. 

This.

....Isn't apologizing for the errors and fixing them "owning up" to what happened? God damn I'm sick of people like this. DE gives and gives and gives and still gets bricks of hate thrown at them. Ugh.

and this!

I think everyone who rages like this forgets that this is a BETA. They even said that the game i not finished, there will be mistakes and changes. They don't have to tell us anything or give us anything either like most companies. We are beta testers, we are expected to find whats wrong with the game. If you rage about finding things wrong with the game then you probably shouldn't be a beta tester.

and THIS!!

Your post is exactly what i thought when they tried to pass it off as simple error.  I just a laughed it off and said this 

"Oh golly the droptable values we set are pretty messed up but we didnt know!.. Even though we set them" - DE

I feel like i saw this statement before back in U8 and it is complete BS then and now.

This wasn't one line of code that got mangled in a sleepy haze. It was 15 loot tables that had to be completely redone 2 times. I could see one getting a low value by mistake but 15 tables. They all have to add up to 1 or they don't work at all. This means checking your numbers again on each. They entered and looked over each of those multiple times and you still think it was just a mistake. I could clearly get it if one item in one table was messed up but this is all of them.

I'm willing to take the apology they dished out this time. Hell, 50 plat to go with it? Sure. Whatever. As long as it is fixed.

But I'm not interested in a repeat performance. I do expect DE to have that covered. Now more then ever.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Iactually like the changes, i could have lived with the 1/3 hour build times though.

I honestly wish they'd left the plat off, it causes all this extra drama when talking about it.

I guess you cover my main goal here. "DE we aren't all overlooking the little holes in your story. The community is onto you. Keep up your great work but slow it down and more QA before shipping. If you say it's fixed fix it. No more multi patching problems, I'm looking right at you 10.0.6"

I honestly don't care about the platinum or the single mutagen mass they gave out. I personally laud the fact that they've lowered the crafting costs for clantech to more reasonable amounts and crafting times for keys to something reasonable as well (1 minute worked well for Arid Fear keys, I have no idea what could possess DE to think 3 and 6 hours would be well received).

However, that doesn't change the fact that their handling for U10 is in the best case, careless and slipshod. These things should not have been "fixed" as they should've gotten it right from the beginning. I refuse to believe that people working in the same building could have so little opportunities to communicate with each other about their major update in 2 months, and that neither Scott nor Sheldon had the chance to review feedback and think "Hey, something might not be right with these weapon strength/costs!".

I personally will not be building any clantech until Forma rates have been confirmed to be at something reasonable as well. Considering that DE will never be disclosing drop rates according to livestream 14, I will be eagerly waiting for a dataminer to put out this information. You've made some steps in the right direction today but I'm sorry to say this DE: free gifts and promises or not, it's not so easy to regain lost trust.

People (just a few thankfully) are acting like the Reddit discovery was a big expose. I'm pretty sure DE knows full well people are going to be digging through their tables. This wasn't an attempt to lie and get away with it; this was at worst a case of saying they've done it before they've really gotten it down pat.

I'm ok with DE. I've spent a whopping total of about $60 and most of it is still in my plat bank. I spent it to support the devs; I never felt I had to buy anything in order to get any further. Okay, maybe my first few potatoes, but I was glad to do so.

I don't feel like I'm being microtransaction-ransomed. I don't feel like I'm being screwed with, even though I'm sad my forma 4 torid is weaksauce now but I'm confidence DE devs will fix it as they've said they will. The devs respond, they try to be transparent even when it opens them up to all sorts of flaming, and the game is NOT expensive to play.

Sheesh. Try playing magic online, now THERE'S a game that greedily sucks you for every dime in your wallet. and the same bugs in that game have been there for FIVE YEARS.

Finally: I fully expect DE to modify the drop tables at any time. It's like the stock market - it's part of their engine to control the market. Perhaps, though, they could make it clear... and it could be part of the game's lore. IE, Forma Shortage: Forma Rates dropped to 3%. or, conversely, Orokin Surplus: Orokin Cells +100% drop rate.

Edited by duenor

it's amazing what 50 platinum and a mutagen can accomplish in getting people back on your defense squad

I'm pretty sure no one cared much about this. The apology is what everyone is happy about, not a lot of companies would do that. Plus they fixed the clan tech prices AND refunded peoples purchases in admitting their wrong doings.

Too bad I'm focusing more on the apology than the gifts. Protip: When you make baseless assumptions, you're the one who ends up looking bad.

Sorry, I must've missed the apology amidst them throwing a few nameless people in front of the train.

People (just a few thankfully) are acting like the Reddit discovery was a big expose. I'm pretty sure DE knows full well people are going to be digging through their tables. This wasn't an attempt to lie and get away with it; this was at worst a case of saying they've done it before they've really gotten it down pat.

I'm ok with DE. I've spent a whopping total of about $60 and most of it is still in my plat bank. I spent it to support the devs; I never felt I had to buy anything in order to get any further. Okay, maybe my first few potatoes, but I was glad to do so. 

I don't feel like I'm being microtransaction-ransomed. I don't feel like I'm being screwed with, even though I'm sad my forma 4 torid is weaksauce now but I'm confidence DE devs will fix it as they've said they will. The devs respond, they try to be transparent even when it opens them up to all sorts of flaming, and the game is NOT expensive to play. 

Sheesh. Try playing magic online, now THERE'S a game that greedily sucks you for every dime in your wallet. and the same bugs in that game have been there for FIVE YEARS. 

It's more the fact that nothing was being done but as soon as the tables dropped they were all over the entire thing.

This whole drop table stuff has been a nightmare for a lot of us. How many keys were wasted after you assured us everything was ok to play and all drops had been fixed. I can't be sure but I'll bet it was in the tens of thousands.

The original tables being screwed up seems like a strech to begin with. Each table is complete different from the next. How did multiple entries get so far off of intended drop rate? When you removed stuff you had to redistribute % for items all over again. So you looked at forma being at 1% and others being at 0.6% and didn't think adding some of the available % back in to that? If this really was an accident that's fine and you had the opportunity to fix it. Everything would have been ok right here.

Instead you got on a live-stream and told everyone everything was fixed. This is where it couldn't have been "human error" anymore. You looked at the tables again and there is no way you looked at and left them like that by accident. You specifically mention upping forma % drop rates. What were they before 0.1% - 0.5%. Even after that people still complained nothing could be found and no one on your end was responding or doing anything about it.

Then the data miner drops the real tables and immediately you all were all over it and it was just a "mistake" again. You were "fixing it as fast as you could". What happened in all those other days of asking for them to be fixed and looked at.

You can't give us 50 plat and tell us sorry and then still not own up to what really happened. I don't have faith in you like some of these people anymore cause your still lying. I want you to own up to it or I won't trust you anymore. No more lying please. I can't trust your word on tables until its data mined. After any update I'll be waiting days before I waste rare consumable resources. 

They added stuff in, took stuff out, forgot to change it, it got messed up and that's all there is too it...

To be fair, the tables are only defined by items and their rarity. The developers (I'm not sure how their tools handle this, but I don't think they can see the drop chances) don't see the actual drop chances.

So you're proposing that DE doesn't even know how their own game works.

If that's true, that raises even more concerns.

Sorry, I must've missed the apology amidst them throwing a few nameless people in front of the train.

So explaining what happened = using scapegoats. And here I thought a scapegoat needed to have a name. No, instead they told us what happened, and admitted THEY, AS THE DEVELOPERS, WERE AT FAULT. So according to you, they made themselves their own scapegoats. *rolls eyes*

It's more the fact that nothing was being done but as soon as the tables dropped they were all over the entire thing.

Oh. We got a conspiracy theorist over here.

nothinghere.jpg

Edited by SoulEchelon

So explaining what happened = using scapegoats. And here I thought a scapegoat needed to have names. No, instead they told us what happened, and admitted THEY, AS A DEV GROUP, WAS AT FAULT. So according to you, they made themselves their own scapegoats. *rolls eyes*

Oh. We got a conspiracy theorist over here.

nothinghere.jpg

Congrats you can post pictures and use action signals.

You completely dodged what I said by the way, none of them took responsibility they said some nameless devs messed up tables, that should've been read through numerous times, and honestly if they have people that mess up that easily on something that important to how the game currently plays that's even more foreboding

also, I didn't know facts are conspiracy theorys now.

You completely dodged what I said by the way, none of them took responsibility they said some nameless devs messed up tables, that should've been read through numerous times, and honestly if they have people that mess up that easily on something that important to how the game currently plays that's even more foreboding

What is your interest in seeing some random member of DE crucified over the issue? Say Sheldon did saying something like

"Yeah so DE_Whoever really screwed up this week and ect, ect"

What changes about how this works out for us as players?

And you totally dodged what I literally just stated - they admitted fault. ALL of them, as a group. What, do you want them to say exactly who messed up? Would that change anything at all? Are you going to burn down said person's house in utter rage?

I mean really. They apologized. They fixed the problem. They stated that they fixed it in a way that it should not happen again. And yet you sit here like a child that just shat their pants screaming bloody murder? I guess some people just can't be happy until someone's burned at the stake for daring to make a mistake.

The world doesn't revolve around you, suck it up and find out what an "Open beta" is.

"Open beta" is a crap excuse for something being totally FUBAR.

It is okay for things to be buggy. It is okay for them to be a little broken.

It is not okay for them to be completely backwards.

And you totally dodged what I literally just stated - they admitted fault. ALL of them, as a group. What, do you want them to say exactly who messed up? Would that change anything at all? Are you going to burn down said person's house in utter rage?

I mean really. They apologized. They fixed the problem. They stated that they fixed it in a way that it should not happen again. And yet you sit here like a child that just shat their pants screaming bloody murder? I guess some people just can't be happy until someone's burned at the stake for daring to make a mistake.

Yes my emotionless typing means I'm frothing at the lips behind my computer screen, truly I am a microcosm of rage

What is your interest in seeing some random member of DE crucified over the issue? Say Sheldon did saying something like

"Yeah so DE_Whoever really screwed up this week and ect, ect"

What changes about how this works out for us as players?

Yeah That's wrong of me I apologize.

The drop rate of the Forma has always been low. If it turned to be lower now because of more items it will be adjust to be less lower but it will stay low.

If you dont like how low they are you can drop 5 bucks and get 3. Forma is one of the things the game uses to get money continuously since everyone needs Forma, they are not going to have Forma have a high drop because they would be screwing themselves over. 

The Forma drop rate will always be low.