Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non humanoid frames

58 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re literally telling me I’m wrong that a non human frame would need a different animation model, because it would need a different animation model.

I never made that argument so maybe you are the one misquoting, I just said it can be done, and that there's plenty of potential for it given DE's track record, even if it'd "be a lot of work for just one frame" as you noted. 

3 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I never made that argument so maybe you are the one misquoting, I just said it can be done, and that there's plenty of potential for it given DE's track record, even if it'd "be a lot of work for just one frame" as you noted. 

A dog and human have different bone structures. You can’t use the same model for both.

On 2019-07-12 at 3:14 PM, trst said:

I'd imagine the closest we'd come to such a frame would be where one of their abilities turns them into something else.

But even with that we're talking a lot of work going into a single frame even if it was just for a single ability. New rigging, models, and animations would all need to be made. And there would likely be the need for new animations for any environment interactions such as interacting with data masses or hacking and then there are animations like mission entering/extracting and the phase transition ones from the Exploiter Orb.

I would like to introduce you to Titiania who can't pick up objects, interact with environments, resurrect allies, nor go into operator form while in Razorwing mode. Because reasons...

An animal transforming frame sounds good. Just not WoW version of druids who has their own unique spellbook for each different forms. Personally, I would rather "possess" my pet/companion. While possess, they are under my control with enhancements and warframe abilities along side their mods.

People have been specificaly mentioning the idea of the frame transforming. That has nothing to do with its default form and "rig" there is no reason a warframe cant have a normal body and animation set up, and switch to something like zenuka animations when an ability is used.

• Like 1