Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

80% of what we do in this game is killing trash mobs

It has become a huge turn off for me...and that's coming from a player who likes roleplaying and doesn't mind much the type of gameplay he's playing unless he looks cool while doing it

But even someone like me needs some change

All we ever do in this game is killing trash mobs

Farm this while killing trash mobs

Get this by killing trash mobs 

Even what the current community thinks is endgame is an infinite loop of killing the same trash over and over and over again (survival endgame runs) 

a game mode where you have to kill trash mobs as quickly as possible (SO)

And a game mode where you kill the same trash over and over and over again but is slower (arbies)

Even doing nightwave is not very exciting since most of it envlove tasks that you must kill trash mobs to do

The other 20 percent of this game are bosses like tridolons...Orbs...and loly 

And well...tridolons require only four known frames to do the job efficiently or else no one on recruit chat will pick you

And profit taker must have only tanky warframes otherwise enjoy loosing your revives...and while i slighlty enjoy profit taker over eidolons the lack of choice in it really hurts it 

The only two good and fun bosses are exploiter and ropalolyst...and even these missions don't have enough phases or stages in them so i can't enjoy them for too long

So i have no choice but to go back and kill more trash mobs again 

It's sad really

It's sad that what we have as lore currently in warframe is hidden behind killing trash mobs 

Or doing boss fights that are very mediocre 

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

All we ever do in this game is killing trash mobs

Welcome to Video games. The majority of Videogames has this as a main thing that you do, MMo's/RPG's especially. But this is what you signed up for, isn't it? If you can't enjoy it anymore, i recommend to either take a break for a while as to not get burned out. It may also be that you simply lost interest in this type of game, to which i can only say that it might probably not be the right kind game for you anymore. 😞

1 hour ago, LunaSelenis said:

Welcome to Video games. The majority of Videogames has this as a main thing that you do, MMo's/RPG's especially. But this is what you signed up for, isn't it? If you can't enjoy it anymore, i recommend to either take a break for a while as to not get burned out. It may also be that you simply lost interest in this type of game, to which i can only say that it might probably not be the right kind game for you anymore. 😞

There other games that use their mobs more and value them more

But in warframe they are literal crops waiting for us to gather for loot 

But maybe you're right 

Warframe for me right now is just a really amazing dressing game 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LunaSelenis said:

Yeah.... ORRR ya know, DE could spice things up with some new gameplay, just a thought?
Heck maybe even YOU could come up with something instead of giving up and telling others to do the same.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ZoneDymo said:

Yeah.... ORRR ya know, DE could spice things up with some new gameplay, just a thought?
Heck maybe even YOU could come up with something instead of giving up and telling others to do the same.

All i was saying is, that there is no point in playing a game you don't enjoy and its best to take a break from it before you burn yourself out. There is no reason to get upset about it. Otherwise, are you saying that the OP should keep playing a game they don't like/have no fun playing?

Welcome to hoard shooters. 

Tho what's the alternative, farming things while chucking fist fulls of bullets at absolute bullet sponges? That sounds super funzo~ /s

Edited by Oreades

On 2019-07-12 at 11:49 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

There other games that use their mobs more and value them more

But in warframe they are literal crops waiting for us to gather for loot 

But maybe you're right 

Warframe for me right now is just a really amazing dressing game 

Yeah I wonder why that might be the case. Could it be the Nukes, Mass CC, immortality and infinite stealth with no weaknesses aside from enemies that literally just turn off a core element of gameplay?

(Yes.)

11 hours ago, Oreades said:

Tho what's the alternative, farming things while chucking fist fulls of bullets at absolute bullet sponges? That sounds super funzo~ /s

Things can be more challenging without removing the power fantasy. The argument that it's 'bullet sponge oneshot enemies' or 'complete player godhood' with no in-between is baffling to me. Power Fantasy and challenge are not mutually exclusive concepts. I'd argue that without challenge, power fantasy is made worse - what's powerful killing something that can't fight back, taking on a situation you can't lose unless you try?

Consider: Doom. That game puts up at least some stiff resistance at normal difficulty (Punishing you if you play dumb, at least), yet people rave about how 'Local man is literally too angry to die', so it must be doing right in the power fantasy department. I'd wager a big part of it is because the Demons put up a fight that you feel so strong. You know these things can take you apart in seconds, so quite literally beating the hell out of them makes you feel more powerful. I think Warframe could do with more stuff like the Wukong rework, which replaced an ability that was just 'here you go, immortality' with something that can fail. Especially for frames like Mesa who kind of have everything, and maybe less so for frames who rely on that exclusively. Limbo for example just has his godly defensive capabilities to work off of, but I've got a rework idea floating around that might help with that (basically, harshly reducing his ability to maintain infinite Stasis, whilst giving him other, more interactive, but less powerful options to play with as well, making stasis more of a tool or fallback.)

• Like 2

On 2019-07-13 at 1:46 PM, LunaSelenis said:

All i was saying is, that there is no point in playing a game you don't enjoy and its best to take a break from it before you burn yourself out. There is no reason to get upset about it. Otherwise, are you saying that the OP should keep playing a game they don't like/have no fun playing?

No, im telling OP I agree that the game is boring these days, boring because all challenge it used to have is gone, and instead they keep us playing by just flooding us with more to do, still lacking challenge.

Im telling you to come up with ideas as to how this game could get some of that engaging gameplay back instead of just rolling over and accepting that the game (for some reason) has reached its apex and will never change.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

No, im telling OP I agree that the game is boring these days, boring because all challenge it used to have is gone, and instead they keep us playing by just flooding us with more to do, still lacking challenge.

Im telling you to come up with ideas as to how this game could get some of that engaging gameplay back instead of just rolling over and accepting that the game (for some reason) has reached its apex and will never change.

If you want someone to come up with ideas, why are you exempt from that.

This is a key element of Video Games. So what's this new and improved way to play that the devs are going to rewrite the game for?

• Like 1

I gotta agree a little with you. 

Even though I hated the boring combat, and the overly soft aesthetics of FFXIV, I really loved their life-skills. It would be awesome to see a more in-depth and rich version of "researching" and/or "crafting" here in Warframe. 

Or more stealth-type /spy missions, that aren't just "get this data from the vault"

It would also be extremely enjoyable if endgame/high-level mobs, took more of of a threatening and serious feeling. The "Doom" franchise does an amazing job with that type/style of gameplay. I'd love to see warframe take more inspiration from them

I specify "endgame/high-level" so that casual players are still able to enjoy the game without feeling forced to partake in more challenging content. But the tryhard players are also able to enjoy more of a challenge. 

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

If you want someone to come up with ideas, why are you exempt from that.

This is a key element of Video Games. So what's this new and improved way to play that the devs are going to rewrite the game for?

Never said I was exempt, im merely responding to that person, not to OP.

Simple idea, continue with the concept of the Juggernaut.
Demi boss units that appear during matches, these will require more of you then simple raw firepower, they will require some working together to take them down and just bring the slight bit of challenge.

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Even though I hated the boring combat, and the overly soft aesthetics of FFXIV, I really loved their life-skills. It would be awesome to see a more in-depth and rich version of "researching" and/or "crafting" here in Warframe. 

Or more stealth-type /spy missions, that aren't just "get this data from the vault"

Hopefully Railjack might help, with the added elements of exploring space and processing minerals aboard your ship, and possibly some crew management stuff.

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

It would also be extremely enjoyable if endgame/high-level mobs, took more of of a threatening and serious feeling. The "Doom" franchise does an amazing job with that type/style of gameplay. I'd love to see warframe take more inspiration from them

I'd love that too, though sadly the game still has to deal with the challenge-breaking frames that basically answer skill checks for you.

A game that's fundamentally unchallenging cannot be made difficult at high end. A game that is fundamentally challenging can be both easy and difficult. Example: Kirby. Kirby uses all the standard platformer challenge mechanisms and tests of skill, and widens the margin for error to make the game nice and easy for a good 90-95% of any given game's content. But it can be made to put up stiff resistance if it wants to. Galacta Knight stands out in that respect. He's not Dark Souls by any stretch of the imagination, but he's certainly a few steps above the Kirby norm.

Warframe, sadly, has far too many 'win' buttons to make a satisfying fight.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Loza03 said:
2 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

Hopefully Railjack might help, with the added elements of exploring space and processing minerals aboard your ship, and possibly some crew management stuff.

I mean like actually researching into things, getting more quests for gear/skill developments, scanning materials/blueprints/enemies for information on something you want to build. But yeah, railjack seems to be a step in a good direction for this. 

As far as better spy content, they should really draw some inspiration from the "Thief" and "Splinter Cell" series. The old trailer for "dark sector" looked a lot more like what I'd love to see spy missions become. That looked like it would've been my favorite type of game when I was still in gradeschool. 

53 minutes ago, Loza03 said:
2 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

I'd love that too, though sadly the game still has to deal with the challenge-breaking frames that basically answer skill checks for you.

A game that's fundamentally unchallenging cannot be made difficult at high end. A game that is fundamentally challenging can be both easy and difficult. Example: Kirby. Kirby uses all the standard platformer challenge mechanisms and tests of skill, and widens the margin for error to make the game nice and easy for a good 90-95% of any given game's content. But it can be made to put up stiff resistance if it wants to. Galacta Knight stands out in that respect. He's not Dark Souls by any stretch of the imagination, but he's certainly a few steps above the Kirby norm.

Warframe, sadly, has far too many 'win' buttons to make a satisfying fight.

I do think they could make this game more challenging, even with "win" buttons, considering DOOM is already successful at it.

The "win" buttons certainly don't help, which Is why I use squishier frames, less nuke-able guns, and love playing solo much more at times. However, even then it's not always as enjoyable. It certainly wouldn't be easy to increase the challenge, and here would also be many players who would initially complain because they like the "mindless fun" or enjoy feeling like they're demigods with nothing to threaten them. Though it should still be possible if they re-worked the enemies--mainly their stat-progression, their AI behaviour, and their skills. 

It is possible, but wouldn't expect any of these changes to come until PoD or maybe even later tbh.  

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

I mean like actually researching into things, getting more quests for gear/skill developments, scanning materials/blueprints/enemies for information on something you want to build. But yeah, railjack seems to be a step in a good direction for this. 

As far as better spy content, they should really draw some inspiration from the Thief, and Splinter Cell series. The old trailer for "dark sector" looked a lot more like what I'd love to see spy missions become. That looked like it would've been my favorite type of game when I was still in gradeschool. 

True. I meant more in the 'every little helps' sense.

We know that we at least one quieter, more 'chill' non-combat activity, and with the Kuva Lich system, we could have some kind of more in-depth system to sink teeth into, at least in terms of resource acquisition. 'Directing' the progress that the Lich's empire takes as it grows, cultivating it to make what you need, then swooping in and stealing their progress. Could be a fun play on a research system that still pleases combat-loving players. 

Plus, Steve did put a bit of emphasis on finding and researching the required technology to make the Railjack, so maybe your dream will come true?

9 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

The "win" buttons certainly don't help, which Is why I use squishier frames, less nuke-able guns, and love playing solo much more at times. However, even then it's not always as enjoyable. I do think they could make this game more challenging, even with all the "win" buttons, but it certainly would't be easy. There would also be many players who would initially complain, because they like the "mindless fun" or enjoy feeling like they're demigods with nothing to threaten them. But it should still be possible, if they re-worked the enemies--mainly their stat-progression, their AI behaviour, and their skills. 

It is possible, but wouldn't expect any of these changes to come until PoD or maybe even later tbh.  

There are new enemies with Empyrean - that new Ancient for example, which is at least advertised to take a hit better than most, and I saw some Twin-Grakata wielding mooks. So, again, maybe there's hope.

Fixing the challenge without changing the insta-wins is possible, but would require a shift in direction of said challenge. Dynasty Warriors handles this problem by basically separating the skills that they test and the skills your character is good at. Your character is good at killing things in a radius around them. You are challenged not by your skills at killing things, but the skills to tactically-ish determine where to do so.

That might require a lot of core mission type reworking in the long run for Warframe, though.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

That might require a lot of core mission type reworking in the long run for Warframe, though.

Definitely seems like it would be the more effective/ideal place to start. 

Btw yes to everything you said. I'm definitely hopeful, and it would certainly be delightful if these difficulty changes get added into the game. I think it would give most player-types something to do within this game. Hopefully with Railjack/Empyrean, there will also be a new opening for the type of player that likes to work with spreadsheets/stats/gatherer or space-pirate/ninja as a space-voyejour.... Empyrean will definitely make the space aspect feel much more immersive tbh. It will offer a new dynamic that even EVE can't offer into the space/sci-fi genre. 

SPACE. 

Edited by Maka.Bones