The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

9 hours ago, Mazifet said:

do yall think that we'll get an end of the month devstream? makes sense considering they are off break now and we haven't gotten since november.

I know, right? I don't get any notifications from YouTube. They used to announce every month. I may suspect that if DE's partnership with Tencent finally snaps out due to covid 19 epidemic in China.

17 hours ago, Sporthand said:

I know, right? I don't get any notifications from YouTube. They used to announce every month. I may suspect that if DE's partnership with Tencent finally snaps out due to covid 19 epidemic in China.

I highly doubt that will change a thing, since DE still generates revenue. They would only split off if it wasn't profitable in one way or another.

Besides, it has just been a holiday season and they probably want to get stuff in order before they are going to announce anything.

Edited by Nova-IX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

Sorry, but that looks like complete arse. "Creative" AI at this stage is basically an automated copy/paste function, mixing up and imitating existing artifice. Numerous commentators have pointed this out, and enthusiasts/enterprises keep getting caught falsifying AI performance.

At best, we get mediocre results, and it will take a loooong time before AI can rival human creativity, if ever. AI can perform their tasks faster, and that is their only advantage over humans for many years yet. The best application would probably be as an assisting tool for human creativity, or narrow AI used for specific work. But general AI is probably not something we're going to see for decades, if even that.

Lex Friedman is working with AI development. Anyone interested in the subject might want to check out his work.

A good subject for study is the AI created music mimicking Jimi Hendrix. It is obvious, what it is doing.

Edited by Yrkul

10 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Sorry, but that looks like complete arse. "Creative" AI at this stage is basically an automated copy/paste function, mixing up and imitating existing artifice. Numerous commentators have pointed this out, and enthusiasts/enterprises keep getting caught falsifying AI performance.

At best, we get mediocre results, and it will take a loooong time before AI can rival human creativity, if ever. AI can perform their tasks faster, and that is their only advantage over humans for many years yet. The best application would probably be as an assisting tool for human creativity, or narrow AI used for specific work. But general AI is probably not something we're going to see for decades, if even that.

Lex Friedman is working with AI development. Anyone interested in the subject might want to check out his work.

A good subject for study is the AI created music mimicking Jimi Hendrix. It is obvious, what it is doing.

Really? Besides, I am a sentient architect.

• Like 1