Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

On 2023-01-21 at 9:06 PM, Nova-IX said:

I hope it goes well for you <3

Thanks. 

22 hours ago, MagPrime said:

The tiny house is almost ready for pick up!

Waiting for the final check to clear and then my cousin is going to hook it up and haul it to my parents place.  Still working out the layout and everything but pretty excited to get started. 

You did express an interest in tiny homes a good while back. Is it a mass produced model or a one off? Is there a company/shop site with pics, perhaps? I'm kinda curious. 🙂

8 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Thanks. 

You did express an interest in tiny homes a good while back. Is it a mass produced model or a one off? Is there a company/shop site with pics, perhaps? I'm kinda curious. 🙂

It's a company that's goal is affordable tiny houses, so it's kind of mass production?  They have templates for a handful of designs that they don't deviate from and can produce a completed unit in 3 months or so.

$41,000 later, I'm soon to be the owner of a 9.6x28 268sq tiny home shell.  My family and I are doing the interior work once it's been delivered, I'm looking at about $6,000 of materials to get it where I want it.  Adding solar, wind, woodstove & natural gas on-top of the standard grid electric set up.  My biggest issue is what I want to do for the loft; stationary or mobile. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's a company that's goal is affordable tiny houses, so it's kind of mass production?  They have templates for a handful of designs that they don't deviate from and can produce a completed unit in 3 months or so.

$41,000 later, I'm soon to be the owner of a 9.6x28 268sq tiny home shell.  My family and I are doing the interior work once it's been delivered, I'm looking at about $6,000 of materials to get it where I want it.  Adding solar, wind, woodstove & natural gas on-top of the standard grid electric set up.  My biggest issue is what I want to do for the loft; stationary or mobile. 

Sounds promising. And with what I hear about the american housing market at the moment, having a home without rent fluctuations or mortgage is to be preferred.

Almost wish I could do the same stunt, but ah... I got a small library and a space hogging hobby, so I'm in need of something bigger instead. Would be nice with a large gaming table, that could double as work table. Lots of things I have a hard time doing, living in this shoe box of an apartment. But at least the rent is low and the owner is a decent guy.

In any case, best wishes with the endeavour. I hope it becomes a comfy little dwelling.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Sounds promising. And with what I hear about the american housing market at the moment, having a home without rent fluctuations or mortgage is to be preferred.

Almost wish I could do the same stunt, but ah... I got a small library and a space hogging hobby, so I'm in need of something bigger instead. Would be nice with a large gaming table, that could double as work table. Lots of things I have a hard time doing, living in this shoe box of an apartment. But at least the rent is low and the owner is a decent guy.

In any case, best wishes with the endeavour. I hope it becomes a comfy little dwelling.

I have multiple hobbies that require space, part of the incentive for the mobile loft is that I'd be able to have hobby space that goes up when not in use.

I forgot to mention that the ceilings are 10.5 to 11 feet, back to front.  It's entirely possible for me to set up a bed on the main floor & have a mobile 14x8 platform that descends and contains my hobbies.

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 2

Some of my hobbies (well exercises) require a lot of space too, good thing that I found a place to hang my 180 cm. tall sandbags lmao (there's a floor in my office that nobody use, so I hog it). The end of the bag brushes the floor a bit, but it's still pretty good overall. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KernelWizard said:

Some of my hobbies (well exercises) require a lot of space too, good thing that I found a place to hang my 180 cm. tall sandbags lmao (there's a floor in my office that nobody use, so I hog it). The end of the bag brushes the floor a bit, but it's still pretty good overall. 

I miss bag work, but my joints are too messed up to allow lengthy workouts of that kind. Both my nephews have sandbags in their rooms, and they love when I put a dent in the bags with a punch or two. Have to earn that Super Uncle title one way or another.

Funny thing I noticed is, I still tend to use the old grab-punch combo I used a lot decades ago.

Motivation?

• Like 1

So... Warhammer Preview 2023 concluded, and luckily my wallet will get through that relatively unscathed. The only thing of interest to me was the new space marine missile launcher troop type. And the models themselves were complete arse. There are parts, that will be pretty useful in various conversions, but out of the box the models are just p*ss poor.

On top of that, they're released in a box with a bunch of tat and minis I already have enough of, so I guess I'll just have to wait for them to be sold in their own box.

That 3D printer keeps looking sexier every day.

For the curious:

lvo-reveal-desolation-squad-v0-20dtq1if2

Full article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamingchair1121 said:

well they do have a point, its not a good idea to waste your higher chance of getting a shard on a color you don't need, meaning less time playing the game

Only if you have a 'Content Locust' mentality, aiming for BiS in the shortest time possible. It is the ultimate expression of entitlement to feel slighted by the increased chance of a maximized reward.

Could it be handled better? Oh, yes. It will mean a harder time getting a proper group for hunts rewarding less popular shards, to name a personal misgiving. But unlike the Veruca Salts on this forum, I use all colours, depending on the frame, instead of fervently trying to maximize every single frame in my inventory. I've also found, that by slowing down the pace with which I engage with new content and progression, I lessen the whole 'acquisition urgency fallacy' stress, as well as irritation of DE's shortcomings. "There is no emotion, there is peace..."

All in all, the discussion feels rather neurotic, and could have been avoided if DE would only put in the effort.

9 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Meanwhile, people are throwing a wobbler over the Tau-forged pity system.

Humans are stupid.

It would be way better if they just never made the tau version, avoiding all the trouble involved with it.

5 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Only if you have a 'Content Locust' mentality, aiming for BiS in the shortest time possible. It is the ultimate expression of entitlement to feel slighted by the increased chance of a maximized reward.

Could it be handled better? Oh, yes. It will mean a harder time getting a proper group for hunts rewarding less popular shards, to name a personal misgiving. But unlike the Veruca Salts on this forum, I use all colours, depending on the frame, instead of fervently trying to maximize every single frame in my inventory. I've also found, that by slowing down the pace with which I engage with new content and progression, I lessen the whole 'acquisition urgency fallacy' stress, as well as irritation of DE's shortcomings. "There is no emotion, there is peace..."

All in all, the discussion feels rather neurotic, and could have been avoided if DE would only put in the effort.

Sadly negativity easily grows and spreads unlike positive stuff. Usually I stay away from any kind of hot topic, just makes me uncomfortable in the end.
I agree.
For me, excavation is a good deterrent. Tried it once, could only ever get 1 or 2 cells for a drill and then it gets destroyed, takes so long to do. Just like the Kahl missions, I haven't touched it in weeks/months now.