Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

3 hours ago, Mazifet said:

who even need 300 fps? anything over 60 is kinda unnecessary imo. heck, im playing duviri at 24 fps and it's fine. warframe doesn't need skill and crazy reaction times. 

Because else the game will stutter horribly, been like that since the update, hence it feels stupid.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 said:

Bro switched sides 💀

yeah originally I wouldn't have gotten them but then I was like what if they're good on yareli

they are good but idk if I'll keep using them, I only used the furis for like two days lol so might be the same with them

9 hours ago, Mazifet said:

who even need 300 fps? anything over 60 is kinda unnecessary imo. heck, im playing duviri at 24 fps and it's fine. warframe doesn't need skill and crazy reaction times. 

You lose like 4 frames at 24fps and it fells like arse, at 300fps you need to loose 276 frames to get to your current 24fps.

Being able to run at 300fps also allows you to cap at something like 120-140fps, which isn't really necessary with V-sync but is nice.

WF seems to have GPU latency issues in some content which is very noticeable compared to dropping a few frames.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova-IX said:

I wish there where a way to quick roll relics, I have so many, way too many to ever use them.

yeah ive tried to go through them but it's overwhelming lol. just counting the radiants is something like 250.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

yeah ive tried to go through them but it's overwhelming lol. just counting the radiants is something like 250.

I don't think I have that amount of radiants, but last time I did a count the total was over 2000. Just sitting there waiting to be used

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Wow.

And here I thought canadians were nice.

I hate humans.

Nice enough to want to relieve the homeless of the burden of living.

I remember when people were talking about voluntary euthanasia for the terminally ill being the start of a slippery slope, they were mostly passed off as crazy and yet here we are.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Wow.

And here I thought canadians were nice.

I hate humans.

I have this feeling this is one of those cases where the polls a rigged in such a way to push respondents towards a specific opinion, and then attempt to shift the blame towards the people who apparently wanted this all along.

I mean I don't know Canadian politics or anything, but something tells me that if I was to just approach some random people on the streets and straight out bluntly ask them if they want to kill homeless, I doubt even 1 in 10 would answer affirmatively, it just sounds so absurd.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I have this feeling this is one of those cases where the polls a rigged in such a way to push respondents towards a specific opinion, and then attempt to shift the blame towards the people who apparently wanted this all along.

Why don't you see for yourself. The link to the poll results was rather early in the article.

The very fact, that they are still pushing for MAID to be offered to mentally ill patients is in itself rather damning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, L3512 said:

I remember when people were talking about voluntary euthanasia for the terminally ill being the start of a slippery slope, they were mostly passed off as crazy and yet here we are.

Proving once again, that calling the "Slippery Slope" argument a fallacy is in itself a fallacy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Why don't you see for yourself. The link to the poll results was rather early in the article.

Ah, so the article is incorrect then, they added the "not sure" parts to the agreeing ones to make a larger number, not very surprising.

Still, even though the actual percentage of supporters is closer to 27-28% that makes for an alarming number. But then again, we are only taking into consideration the people actually willing to participate in the survey, which scews the results inevitably.

In the end the only conclusion we can definitely draw from this is that the Canadian government is pushing really hard for all this "kill select groups of citizens" affair which is in my opinion the most sickening thing here.

Let's just say, as disgusted as I am, it is hardly surprising seeing such a policy. It's just different contries prefer different methods of achieving such a "goal".

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

The very fact, that they are still pushing for MAID to be offered to mentally ill patients is in itself rather damning.

Speaking of which, another scary thing in this poll is how disproportionally high the numbers are for "mentally ill" and "disabled". That, most of all, speaks of how misinformed people are about both of those cases. People have these wild stereotypes, completely detached from reality, about those groups of people (and beyond of course), and they use those to inform their choices and voting preferences.

Ok, that's enough politics for today. I don't even know if that's tolerated on these forums that well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Proving once again, that calling the "Slippery Slope" argument a fallacy is in itself a fallacy.

Not an unreasonable conclusion to come to in the modern world.

The hard truth here is that homeless people, just like non-homeless people, have the means to end their lives if they so desire without government intervention at the current moment. However a society where this is viewed as not only acceptable or relatively normal but as positive policy is getting pretty dark.

With a non-insignificant amount of homeless people suffering with metal illness and as you say-

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

One also has to wonder about the whys of this push as well as issues with informed consent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Ah, so the article is incorrect then, they added the "not sure" parts to the agreeing ones to make a larger number, not very surprising.

I would tend to agree with their interpretation, though. Being "unsure" about euthanizing people for being poor or homeless is still beyond "The banality of evil". While I'm not a fan of binarity in discussions of ethics, the action in question is too monstrous to claim neutrality/ignorance on.

A bit heavy subject, so here's a cuddle assault:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I am so happy I live in a country with an actual, working universal health care system. Especially since I'm going under the knife next week.

Something to be very grateful for indeed. I hope it all goes as expected <3

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nova-IX said:

Something to be very grateful for indeed. I hope it all goes as expected <3

Just a trivial hernia repair. I have a pretty strong core from a life of lifting weights and martial arts, so the damage is minimal. I should be back in my own bed the same day. I did look up prices, and Mein Gott! My appreciation for the danish health care system skyrocketed. We might pay some of the highest taxes in the world, but we seem to get our money's worth in health care, education, infrastructure etc. Typical cost of $4-11K sans insurance, but eh..... look at the comments. Ouch!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Just a trivial hernia repair. I have a pretty strong core from a life of lifting weights and martial arts, so the damage is minimal. I should be back in my own bed the same day. I did look up prices, and Mein Gott! My appreciation for the danish health care system skyrocketed. We might pay some of the highest taxes in the world, but we seem to get our money's worth in health care, education, infrastructure etc. Typical cost of $4-11K sans insurance, but eh..... look at the comments. Ouch!

Good to hear.

Indeed, it does have its issues but in general miles better than so many other places. I wouldn't be able to get my treatment without it (and some of the previous stuff I have been through).
Even with a high tax rate, people do have a quite high buying power in general. I do like that it helps everyone in need, better for everyone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yrkul said:

wow someone had the hospital charge 323k. That is like 2.5k square feet home. Health care costs are out of control.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 said:

wow someone had the hospital charge 323k. That is like 2.5k square feet home. Health care costs are out of control.

Honestly, the costs are unbelievable, impossible to pay. It is quite sad.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nova-IX said:

Good to hear.

Indeed, it does have its issues but in general miles better than so many other places. I wouldn't be able to get my treatment without it (and some of the previous stuff I have been through).
Even with a high tax rate, people do have a quite high buying power in general. I do like that it helps everyone in need, better for everyone.

It does give a certain degree of socio-economic stability, and a higher degree of educational choice. Had I the inclination, I could become an attorney, surgeon, physicist or politician, regardless of social or economic status.

I have a couple of friends, who moved to the US for the percieved freedom and economic mobility (and in one case, guns). While I wouldn't want to live there myself, I still appreciate that people have that choice (even though I miss them).

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 said:

The reasons are headache-inducingly convoluted, and could fill a 2K page report at least. Two really big factors are from my perspective:

• The usual trade mechanics of price vs percieved worth is more or less suspended, when the buyer's health and often life is on the line. There are certain services, that you inherently REALLY don't want to skimp on, and as a result, providers tend to squeeze a tad more, than in other areas of commerce.
  • Health care seem to be heavily subsidized, which tend to drive up prices even further. Another area, that sees this mechanic is in education.

I have of course only superficial knowledge of the entire picture, so if anyone with more in-depth knowledge* would correct me, or elaborate, it would be much appreciated.

Overall, health care is not an area, you want dictated by commercial interests, the same way you don't want to pay the fire brigade for each fire put out, or the police for each arrest made.

*I can't use guesswork, conjecture or opinions for anything, unless it's part of an epistemological study, though.

• Like 2