Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.9

Loviam

Question

Does anyone have a way of turning off auto switching to guns when doing melee combos. Be it at the end of the combo or in the middle?

It is particularly frustrating when using channelled abilities 

Edited by Loviam

10 answers to this question

Alas, I'm one of those 'some people'.

When you have your Synth Scanner out hunting for synths... oops, you did a melee strike / combo? Need to re-equip your scanner. Hope it wasn't a keybind you only used occasionally... but hey, you can improve your game flow by... not using a melee attack during a synth scanning run. It's more fun and challenging after all. Or just change your keybind to something more convenient. Only adds what? a few thousand extra key presses every so often.

Mining? Hunting? Likewise.

Forgot you had a Syndic melee weapon and did a melee attack? Oops.. hope that radial blast didn't screw anything up. Just keeping adding a RMB to the end of every melee attack and you'll be just fine.

I must be one of the few who absolutely hate this mechanic. Then again, I also despise having my archwing auto-roll when turning. Got to love having to let go of boost to let your archwing's MCAS bring your attitude back in line.

Nowadays, I just avoid melee except to use a Zenistar special. And I'd rather use the surf-board then fly in Vallis. Went from a melee 'main/fan' to 'never melee'. Going from using a whip to crack containers to everyone's favourite Ignis... to pop pots open.

Feel the flow...

I too also started warframe with an amazing experience. 

A melee experience that lasted all the way around the starmap. Slicing my way to ever greater glory and power. Cutting bosses in twain with my amazing blades and decimating waves after waves of ememies with stylish combo's. 

Then came melee 2.0

I very quickly learned to handle an ignis and threw my Orthos in the trash where it belongs. It's still there, in the trashcan with all the other melee weapons that just aren't fun anymore. Unfortunately melee has become a shriveled vestigial growth that hangs off warframe like a deformed arm. 

TLDR:It used to work beautifully and now it's so hideous I don't even want to think about it. 

Please hear our plea DE. Please just give us a button that turns off melee 2.0. You can keep the junk autoblock for the kids that find life a little challenging, but please give us an option. We have tasted fun and then you took our toys away. 

Garbage!

Sorry, I thought this was one of those first things that comes to mind when type posts. Auto block and channel on a toggle ^&^%( #&$#^. Who's drain bamaged love child is melee 2.9?

Edited by Nichivo