Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm afraid to continue Forma'ing my gear because I know the Nightwave challenge might appear again. Can we get confirm/deny on whether it will happen again?

TheGreenFellow

On 2019-07-16 at 4:31 AM, TheGreenFellow said:

As in title. I have a number of Warframes and weapons ready to be forma'd and improved on, yet I'm reluctant to do so because I know that I might need things to forma for Nightwave. Meaning I'm now in a progression rut where I don't know whether to play or not play and keep the status quo.

Can that Nightwave challenge be removed, please? Can we get official confirmation on whether it will or won't occur again? This is really messing things up for me.

You do realise that DE gives you back the three forma as a reward, sometimes more than once in a Season? You're sweating bullets over nothing.

Why worry? It's just one Nightwave Act. You don't need to do every Act to reach rank 30.

I've been throwing Forma around like mad because I'm in the middle of improving the builds on everything I own, one by one.

For that matter, if you can't build 3 Forma in 7 days, you're doing something wrong. Each one takes 24 hours, and you can easily just open some Intact relics to get more BPs. I make sure to always have Forma building in my Foundry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheGreenFellow said:

The idea that the best way of enjoying "optional" game content is to "skip" it and treat it as "unimportant" is a poor one.

What about the idea that the best way of enjoying the game is to skip the parts that are optional and unpleasant, which is my suggestion?

16 hours ago, TheGreenFellow said:

What's it to you if I don't want to be held in suspense not knowing if I need to save forma & things that need to be forma'd? There's no way that could possibly detract from your game experience.

You see, the problem which we have in communicating is that, in my estimation, you use the word "need" in such a weird way.

As I have shown, you don't need those Nightwave points. You really don't, unless you can show me that 4500 is bigger than 130500. Since you don't need them, you don't need to do that Nightwave challenge. Therefore, you don't need to spend forma for Nightwave, nor to have things that need forma which you for some reason don't want to forma unless you get Nightwave points for them.

So, here's your answer. Do you need to save forma and things that need to be forma'd? No, you don't need to. There's nothing you need that for. There is no need for them, for the challenge, for those puny 4500 points.

But I'm sure that you'll still pretend this isn't true. After all, this whole thread is predicated on you desperately needing those puny 4500 points and becoming afraid at the thought of not receiving them.

• Like 1

It is annoying and needs to go away. I too wait to forma things because it's a waste to do it when you know this "challenge" is coming. Just like the gild "challenge", which they have now removed. 

2 hours ago, vomder said:

It is annoying and needs to go away. I too wait to forma things because it's a waste to do it when you know this "challenge" is coming. Just like the gild "challenge", which they have now removed. 

AFAIK, the gild one was not removed.  Only the ones that required playing with friends/clanmates.  

Here's the list

Changes to Existing Acts!

1. 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely
  2. Increased Nightwave Standing from Weekly Acts from 3k to 4.5k and Elite Weekly Acts from 5k to 7k.
  3. Reduced required Defense Wave Acts from 40 to 20 Waves.
  4. "Kill Profit Taker with Friends" Act is now just "Kill Profit Taker".
  5. Changed 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties'.
  6. Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes.
  7. Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3.
  8. ‘10 perfect Conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect Conservations’.
  9. ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’.
  10. Increased the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds.
  11. Removed the ‘Sortie with Friends’ Act.
  12. The ‘Hold Your Breath’ Act has been changed to ‘Survive over 30 minutes in a Kuva Survival’.
Edited by MystMan

8 hours ago, MystMan said:

AFAIK, the gild one was not removed. 

Rebecca specifically said, after the backlash towards that Act for the first week of Series 2, that it's been removed from all future Nightwave rotations.

10 hours ago, vomder said:

Why wait? It's 3 Forma. That takes only 3 days in the Foundry. You have 7 days to do it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

46 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Rebecca specifically said, after the backlash towards that Act for the first week of Series 2, that it's been removed from all future Nightwave rotations.

Why wait? It's 3 Forma. That takes only 3 days in the Foundry. You have 7 days to do it.

Those are functionally the exact same scenario. 

7 days is plenty of time for someone capable of the content to grind away and get it done, that doesn't help the person who just gilded their MacGuffin yesterday with the challenge that arrived today. It puts people in a place where they are on edge using their resources at a pace that is convenient/enjoyable for them and into one where they feel obligated to wait for the challenge because using those resources otherwise is going to be wasted potential. 

On 2019-07-21 at 6:13 AM, Dhrekr said:

What about the idea that the best way of enjoying the game is to skip the parts that are optional and unpleasant, which is my suggestion?

You see, the problem which we have in communicating is that, in my estimation, you use the word "need" in such a weird way.

As I have shown, you don't need those Nightwave points. You really don't, unless you can show me that 4500 is bigger than 130500. Since you don't need them, you don't need to do that Nightwave challenge. Therefore, you don't need to spend forma for Nightwave, nor to have things that need forma which you for some reason don't want to forma unless you get Nightwave points for them.

So, here's your answer. Do you need to save forma and things that need to be forma'd? No, you don't need to. There's nothing you need that for. There is no need for them, for the challenge, for those puny 4500 points.

But I'm sure that you'll still pretend this isn't true. After all, this whole thread is predicated on you desperately needing those puny 4500 points and becoming afraid at the thought of not receiving them.

Your logic hinges on the idea that Nightwave content should be, optimally speaking, ignored, so long as there's generous amounts of it. As I've previously stated I disagree with that. The challenges should be, invariably, things you can do while also enjoying the benefits of the activity it asks you to do. 

This holds true for the great majority of the Nightwave challenges. It didn't hold true for gilding, which is why that got removed. Same logic here.

Nothing "untrue" or "puny" about it.

12 hours ago, TheGreenFellow said:

Your logic hinges on the idea that Nightwave content should be, optimally speaking, ignored, so long as there's generous amounts of it

You know what?

You have convinced me.

You do need every single Nightwave point. You do need to obsessively grind every single Nightwave challenge. You do need to regard every Nightwave challenge as an order and not an opportunity. You need to end these 10 weeks with exactly 430500 Nightwave points. Your well-being and sanity and self-respect depend on it.

You cannot skip a single weekly, not even the ones you find bad or tedious. The very idea of a weekly not being made for a player like you is offensive. Just like the Infestation, you have to consume all of the content, always, forever.

I am sorry that this means you'll end up doing many things that you don't like. But you have thoroughly convinced me - if doing things you don't like is a consequence of what you want, then you have no choice.

So I applaud your crusade to make the devs recognize that every single challenge in the Nightwave has to be tailored to you (specifically you), to your taste, to your situation in the game, for the devs have to recognize, at the end, that you (specifically you) need every single Nightwave point and they should be afraid to deny you (specifically you) this right and opportunity.

In the meantime, I'll be over here, playing only when it gives me joy and when it's fun. Like a weirdo, apparently.

Edited by Dhrekr