Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity Range

AreeSoothsayer

You have all have had this happen. A MR trash weapon needs leveling but it is craptastic. So you use another weapon or warframe skills, which don't share much exp with the trash weapon. However the rest of your team, which if in range, would pour exp into it have gone all over the map. Defense, Survival, Exterminate. Doesn't matter. Almost all maps are larger than affinity range of 50 meters. (I won't even touch the archwing debacle)

Aura: Affinity Booster

It doesn't boost the exp, there's plenty other things for that, it increases the range of ALL warframes. 

Level 1

Affinity range increased by 10 METERS

Level 2

Affinity range increased by 20 METERS

Level 3

Affinity range increased by 30 METERS

Level 4

Affinity range increased by 40 METERS

Level 5

Affinity range increased by 50 METERS.

If even one person has it equipped, range will be doubled.

4 players will increase range to a total, including base range, of 250 Meters.

Open world and Open space will be able to be used for increasing Archwings, Arch weapons, Regular Warframes and Regular weapons. Without much frustration of watching everyone fly to the 4 corners of space for their own fun.

Auras are supposed to benefit the entire group.  Your suggestion would only benefit those who are ranking weapons.  If you want a group to stick together then recruit for such a group.

Also, wrong section.  This would be for fan concept, or if you're giving feedback to the affinity share mechanic then it belongs in general feedback.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

19 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Auras are supposed to benefit the entire group.  Your suggestion would only benefit those who are ranking weapons.  If you want a group to stick together then recruit for such a group.

Also, wrong section.  This would be for fan concept, or if you're giving feedback to the affinity share mechanic then it belongs in general feedback.

To be fair most auras are pretty useless, the only one you ever really "need" is corrosive projection and even then only in very specific instances to counter broken armor scaling in protracted endless missions. The rest of the time (99.99999999878% hyperbolic modifier by the way in case people don't catch on) of the time you could just install a rubber chicken into your Aura slot and you aren't going to notice a practical difference. 

Not saying this is a super great idea, I mean the Affinity range system was put in place to try to curb people AFKing at the start of a mission and gaining affinity for their gear. That said it is really frustrating when your group absolutely refuses to stick together when you're trying to level your gear, even on Hydron which is a tiny map there is frequently "That Nezha" who just "needs" to be at the farthest corner of the map AT ALL TIMES..... So I can understand the frustration that bore this concept. 

To the OP you might consider specking a bit into Vazarin for Mending Unity, which apparently does increase your Affinity range by another 25 meters. Wouldn't mind if DE buffed that a bit tho 😛 

Edited by Oreades

20 minutes ago, Oreades said:

To be fair most auras are pretty useless

Yes but unless someone is running without a weapon type equipped then all other auras provide a benefit to everyone, no matter how useful/useless.  With having an aura that is focused on xp gain people like I will get absolutely zero benefit at all, not because we have made a loadout decision but because we have everything already min-maxed.  Whenever an addition is suggested the intent of the system needs to be considered and having an aura (where the intent is to benefit the team) that can have zero benefit to others not even based on any decision they've made goes against the intent of them.

I see Defense mission is the best choice to make use of affinity sharing mechanic since enemies will approach the defense objective that you are trying to protect. Players will stay near the defense objective most of the time. I think forming a squad in purpose for affinity farming is the best way to rank up stuff fast just like @Jiminez_Burial said. If i am too lazy to recruit players for affinity farming I will just jump into a defense missions that i know have a small tileset and try to keep myself in affinity range of others while killing enemies. What i think about your suggestion is that it will lead to exploitation of others effort in order to get affinity by doing little to nothing effort from yourself. Sadly such exploitation already exist which almost kind of a feature itself and people are doing this in the game even without such aura.

39 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Yes but unless someone is running without a weapon type equipped then all other auras provide a benefit to everyone, no matter how useful/useless.  With having an aura that is focused on xp gain people like I will get absolutely zero benefit at all, not because we have made a loadout decision but because we have everything already min-maxed.  Whenever an addition is suggested the intent of the system needs to be considered and having an aura (where the intent is to benefit the team) that can have zero benefit to others not even based on any decision they've made goes against the intent of them.

That already happens, for example someone takes a Shield Disruption Aura because they either didn't think or didn't care to replace it on a Grineer or Infested mission.That has zero benefit to the rest of the squad and isn't based on any decision that they've made. Someone comes into the mission using a Sniper Rifle aura but you're using anything else, whelp no benefit to you. 

First and foremost your aura benefits you, if it benefits your squad that's gravy but people shouldn't be expecting everyone to bring auras that benefit them, that's like expecting to get the group composition you want when you choose to PUG. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't but you should certainly never expect it. 

Edited by Oreades

I've just been frustrated over the affinity range, FOR YEARS, and just want to be able to increase it outside of using Vazarin. Afterall 25m doesn't matter much when they are over 300 meters away. (Confirmed over distance to downed player repeated times)