Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe inspired by Lexx??

(PSN)Tyrannosauross00

So I've been re-watching a sci fi called the Lexx that aired from 1997 to 2002 (Check it out). Whilst watching I could not help but wonder if the show had somehow influenced any aspects of Warframe, there's to many similarities in the show that I can't help but see in the game! For example 

- Technology based on living organisms, including the living spaceship itself the Lexx.

- The names of the weapons Lex and Lex Prime.

- 790 is a robot in the show that is obsessed with the ships captain, Much like Ordis.

- Two different universes the Light and Dark Universe (Our Universe, The Void)

- The show was a German and CANADIAN co-production.

- One of the main villains is a scientist called Mantrid who tries to convert people into his robotic drones, Much like Alad V with the Tenno.

- The Brunnen G are a race of people that are technologically advanced (Creating many technologies that are living organisims) aswell as medically advanced leading them to be immortal, they are decadent and considered a romantic warrior race with love for things such as the arts. (Orokin type hype to me)

Let me know if anyone knows!! Cheers.

Edited by (PS4)Tyrannosauross00

My headcanon is that the name Lex is a nod to Dark Sector.

The firing sound is basically identical to that of a revolver from that game

Spoiler

(which of course couldn't simply be asset reuse, nah, DE would never do that, perish the thought)

and the voice actor for Hayden Tenno, Michael Rosenbaum, also played Lex Luthor in Smallville.

tenor.gif

WOLkwyK.gif

Yea...  I could have gone the rest of my life without being reminded of that creepn' it real talking robot head.

Farscape came out like a year later and just obliterated that show. I didn't finish it till years later.

No real connection though. Just generic Sci-fi tropes.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Tyrannosauross00 said:

So I've been re-watching a sci fi called the Lexx that aired from 1997 to 2002 (Check it out). Whilst watching I could not help but wonder if the show had somehow influenced any aspects of Warframe, there's to many similarities in the show that I can't help but see in the game! For example 

- Technology based on living organisms, including the living spaceship itself the Lexx.

- The names of the weapons Lex and Lex Prime.

- 790 is a robot in the show that is obsessed with the ships captain, Much like Ordis.

- Two different universes the Light and Dark Universe (Our Universe, The Void)

- The show was a German and CANADIAN co-production.

- One of the main villains is a scientist called Mantrid who tries to convert people into his robotic drones, Much like Alad V with the Tenno.

- The Brunnen G are a race of people that are technologically advanced (Creating many technologies that are living organisims) aswell as medically advanced leading them to be immortal, they are decadent and considered a romantic warrior race with love for things such as the arts. (Orokin type hype to me)

Let me know if anyone knows!! Cheers.

Honestly, OP, I wouldn't be surprised if Lexx helped play into Warframe since they share many of the same sci-fantasy tropes. In fact, outside of real, "hard" Speculative Fiction these tropes appear everywhere. As is said in the Bible: there is nothing new under the sun. 

While the setting might be similar, many old shows got the "biotech" approach to sci-fi. The two most obvious in terms of how close they are to our actual gameplay are Bt'X and Neo Genesis Evangelion (this one in particular turns "inspiration" in an understatement).

Both explores very intimate relationship between humans and machines in a dystopian future. The infested are shockingly similar in looks and function to Rafaelo, the big baddy of Bt'X, who btw was created by the Machine Empire, of wich the emperor is inmortal (Orokin?). and Warframes and EVAs are essentialy the same, under the command of a misterious figure, aka Gendo Ikari (Lotus). 

About the deep-space and the interaction between civs, i think they got more inspiration from Mass Effect, where the 4 mayor species (Grineer, Corpus, Tenno, everyone else) fight the inminent coming of the spooky machines, aka The Reapers (Sentients).

This are common themes because thats what everyone imagines the future would look like if we take a serious approach to gene editing, and how it would combine with advance tech over time.