Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Puncture Riven + Khora = ???

Crowzny

Question

So i got a pretty decent Riven-Roll on my Dual Keres and i thought it would make a great stat stick... https://imgur.com/a/CzxSV9g
Until i started dealing negative shield(???) damage to enemies who dont even have shields ... https://imgur.com/a/oEnp0Bz
Talking about Khoras #1 ability of course

This weird thing only happens to some specific armored units, so far i had no problems against any Corpus or Infested enemies.

I have -130,xx% Puncture on my Stat Stick Riven and the blue numbers start appearing at level 131 Corrupted Heavy Gunners (For example)
I've talked to Bast50 and BackyardisTV about this and both told me to make a forum post, since everyone i talked to says it has to be a bug.

Wiki says:

DE pls fix? Does anyone have an idea whats going on?

6 answers to this question

hmm, that's quite odd indeed. that would logically be a Bug yes, since that shouldn't be possible no matter what.

for more data i would suggest dealing some Damage with something else to the test Enemies first(but not Killing them), then hitting it with Whipclaw to see if the Enemies get healed by it?

vor 33 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

hmm, that's quite odd indeed. that would logically be a Bug yes, since that shouldn't be possible no matter what.

for more data i would suggest dealing some Damage with something else to the test Enemies first(but not Killing them), then hitting it with Whipclaw to see if the Enemies get healed by it?

YES they actually DO get healed by my #1 ability. Tested like you suggested. 
Furthermore i discovered, that my "normal" weapon build does not cause the bug. 
Only putting the Riven on the weapon triggers the bug.
Pairing the Riven with +120% and +90% Puncture Mods negates the bug.
I keep messing around with it, because i want to know what the heck is going on.

https://imgur.com/a/TqKERSl

Edited by Crowzny

I can only guess it's a bug due to the unique whip mechanics (khora was originally supposed to be able to choose impact, puncture and slash damage) , negative damage used to heal enemies once. 

Could be something that got overlooked and passed through. 

Apparently replacing +90% Cold with +90% Electricity fixes the "bug".
Corrosive = No Bug
Viral, Radiation, Gas, Blast, Magnetic = Bug

Can confirm negative puncture = bad
Negative puncture + corrosive  = good
Negative puncture + any other elemental combo = bad

Well nope, only fixes the Bug for "Corrupted heavy gunners"
Bombards still get healed.

A Radiation Combo fixes it for the bombards, looks like the matching elemental combo is a temporal fix until you have kill diffrent enemy types...

Edited by Crowzny

leftover Whipclaw stuff from the original design does sound maybe perhaps possible, yes.

though it still shouldn't happen regardless, as even if you lost all of your IPS Damage (which you shouldn't be able to since it's full IPS rather than just Puncture - but IF you did), you then have Elemental Damage anyways.
and other Damage Types aren't supposed to be affected by the Health Type Modifiers of the rest of the Damage in an attack. it isn't for other stuff in the game, seemingly just broken here.

This is definitely some sort of bug, even with a negative to one of her damage type the game should top at 0 once it gets there and then just let the other damage types take over. The only thing i can think of is the fact that you get beyond 100% puncture lose the weird math in her wipe somehow calculates that as negative puncture damage which if not counter acted will heal your target for the amount of damage 'dealt'? 

A test Id say if you have the mods for it is to take say 30% puncture damage increase and see if it still heals them, then bump it up to 60% and see if it still does. If it doesn't at the 60% mark, then it is definitely something that has to do with you going beyond 100%. If it still heals them even then....then there's something even more wonky going on...