Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would like a blueprint to change reactors to catalysts and the reverse.

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

I've still been nabbing reactors every so often but honestly i don't even need them at this point though I still am low on catalysts due to the sheer amount of weapons in the game. So something I thought of is a reuseable blueprint to swap back and forth likely in the arbitration Vitus store?

Costs

1 Reactor or Catalyst

1 Forma

1 Nitain Extract

2 Vitus Essence

something like that so I can still make use of these reactors and still have a reason to get them honestly. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Not to dismiss your argument, but may I suggest you stop putting potatoes on all the guns you make? Sure I got an overwhelming number of reactors vs catalysts, but I also have spare catalysts lying around because I don't use them all that often. I've got maybe a couple handfuls that I have potatoes slotted in, particularly prime variants, but the vast majority of guns I use are typically MR fodder which I toss out when I'm done with them.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Costs

1 Reactor or Catalyst

Baseline logical

1 Forma

a bit on the expensive side but Forma blueprints are easy enough to get so.... eh

1 Nitain Extract

Nightwave makes them pretty easy to get so heck why not...

2 Vitus Essence

Hard NOPE.

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

What about one Vitus?

Or we could strip it down to zero and remove any reference to Arbitrations what so ever. So the people who actually need it (Read: People who aren't to the point where they can run Arbitrations) can actually leverage something like this. 

Especially considering people running Arbitrations likely don't "need" anything in the NW store anyhow (outside of maybe cosmetics and those are hardly a need) so their Nora Bux are free to buy whatever. In this instance Potatoes. 

In short the current implementation helps the people who need it the least. 

6 hours ago, Oreades said:

Or we could strip it down to zero and remove any reference to Arbitrations what so ever. So the people who actually need it (Read: People who aren't to the point where they can run Arbitrations) can actually leverage something like this. 

Especially considering people running Arbitrations likely don't "need" anything in the NW store anyhow (outside of maybe cosmetics and those are hardly a need) so their Nora Bux are free to buy whatever. In this instance Potatoes. 

In short the current implementation helps the people who need it the least. 

This idea in general isn't for newer players since really it's not for quite a while until you'll just no longer need any more reactors or catalysts we have 40 frames without counting primes iirc and archwings, pets, sentinels. It's a lot that's why I feel arbitration is the place to have this since it's only deep into the game when you'll eventually need this and even then need is a strong term. and really 2 vitus isn't asking much honestly especially if you get excavation.

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Not to dismiss your argument, but may I suggest you stop putting potatoes on all the guns you make? Sure I got an overwhelming number of reactors vs catalysts, but I also have spare catalysts lying around because I don't use them all that often. I've got maybe a couple handfuls that I have potatoes slotted in, particularly prime variants, but the vast majority of guns I use are typically MR fodder which I toss out when I'm done with them.

This isn't like a massive issue and I know it's a me thing since I like playing with a lot of weapons since they're all pretty fun. This isn't like saying it's bad design or anything but I just think it'd be a nice thing to have, not necessary but maybe a little use for when someone has a bunch of reactors that just won't see use.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

This idea in general isn't for newer players since really it's not for quite a while until you'll just no longer need any more reactors or catalysts we have 40 frames without counting primes iirc and archwings, pets, sentinels. It's a lot that's why I feel arbitration is the place to have this since it's only deep into the game when you'll eventually need this and even then need is a strong term. and really 2 vitus isn't asking much honestly especially if you get excavation.

Every item shouldn't use every resource. There are so many "end game" rewards that are tied to Arbitrations already, and Arbitrations are an extremity skewed "endgame" as it throws away many of the base game play-styles in favors of a playground for tanks.

If you want to put a mission-specific reward as a requirement, what about make it Synthetic Eidolon Shards? Unlike Vitus those don't really have a use yet.

5 hours ago, DrBorris said:

... and Arbitrations are an extremity skewed "endgame" as it throws away many of the base game play-styles in favors of a playground for tanks.

To be fair here, it isn't the first mission to do it. ESO throws away many of the base game playstyles in favor of frames designed around abusing their 4th ability or weapons and mod combinations to maximize slide attacks.

The difference between ESO and Arbitrations is both the playstyles they cater towards, and the latter actually having a resource which spends most of its time gathering dust.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

This idea in general isn't for newer players since really it's not for quite a while until you'll just no longer need any more reactors or catalysts we have 40 frames without counting primes iirc and archwings, pets, sentinels. It's a lot that's why I feel arbitration is the place to have this since it's only deep into the game when you'll eventually need this and even then need is a strong term.

Clearly you don't recall the early game where every resource was precious. A Forma a Nitain and the initial Catalyst/Reactor is more than costly enough anything more is IMHO petty. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

and really 2 vitus isn't asking much honestly especially if you get excavation.

Except for ya know the people who actually need this and those people most likely haven't cleared the startchart. Again requiring Vitus Essence is locking people out just to lock them out. 

The fact that Nightwave has made Reactors/Catalysts more accessible than ever your choice of lockout mechanics leaves me in a very "yo dog just buy them from Nightwave, you probably only "need" cosmetics anyhow" place. 

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

To be fair here, it isn't the first mission to do it. ESO throws away many of the base game playstyles in favor of frames designed around abusing their 4th ability or weapons and mod combinations to maximize slide attacks.

The difference between ESO and Arbitrations is both the playstyles they cater towards, and the latter actually having a resource which spends most of its time gathering dust.

Oh, I don't think it is a bad thing in a vacuum that Arbitrations are a playground for tanks, I actually love that different playstyles are getting different playgrounds. My issue comes up with how DE has already started to resorting to Arbitrations as a general "hardcore" reward. Even though the Vitus Essence requirement for Ephemera is low, it is a concerning thing to see that the prestige reward for ESO, a game mode all about mass DPS, requires you to play the tank mode.

Every niche game mode should have its own rewards, but there needs to be some care that one game mode doesn't overshadow the rest.

Edited by DrBorris

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

Clearly you don't recall the early game where every resource was precious. A Forma a Nitain and the initial Catalyst/Reactor is more than costly enough anything more is IMHO petty. 

I do it's why i said you wouldn't ever swap from a reactor to a catalyst in the first place you'll have one frame and then when you get another you'll likely get another reactor etc. so if you are even using this in the first place where you just have 15 reactors and NOTHING to use them on that is when this would be applicable which should be fairly far into the game to even be thinking about it.. that is why the costs are such. 

Also seriously how many people NEED vitus essence? the arbitration shop is a couple mods and then all cosmetics and decorations... and you can do the mission every hour and possibly earn a lot of vitus adn if you're earning a lot of vitus you might be staying longer in a mission and going back to back anyways. If you don't like arbitrations and don't want to do them than just say that.

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

14 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Every item shouldn't use every resource. There are so many "end game" rewards that are tied to Arbitrations already, and Arbitrations are an extremity skewed "endgame" as it throws away many of the base game play-styles in favors of a playground for tanks.

If you want to put a mission-specific reward as a requirement, what about make it Synthetic Eidolon Shards? Unlike Vitus those don't really have a use yet.

synthetic Eidolon shards have an express purpose of giving you focus minor as it may be. Vitus very quickly runs out of use unless you love getting archgun rivens or the decorations.