Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days No assist

AreeSoothsayer

33 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

A certain % of damage done that doesn't end the life of the target when someone else does the final shot should be counted as an assist and be worth pearls.

I agree. This is why I solo it. I am getting around 33 - 35 kills running it solo. This is better than when I was in a group.

On 2019-08-07 at 11:53 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

A certain % of damage done that doesn't end the life of the target when someone else does the final shot should be counted as an assist and be worth pearls.

nah, those enemies dont have enough health for that to be needed, what they should do is just make hiting them give you a pearl when it dies, as that will make killing them as fast as possible the priority over "getting the kill".

On 2019-08-07 at 10:53 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

I have lost count of how many kills I almost had when someone else zips through and takes the final hit.

This. So much. I, too, have taken to just playing solo as a result of this. I understand it as an incentive for players to be more active and to also lessen the grind, but at the same time, it makes the game mode kind of competitive among players who are supposed to be on the same team. (I'm not saying people are intentionally stealing kills, although I'm sure there are some out there who are.)

As Keyhound said above, given that enemies don't have that much health to begin with, I think just recording a hit as a contribution should reward any players involved in the kill with a pearl. It's a much more team-friendly option than pitting teammates against each other and rewarding kill steals, intentional or otherwise.