Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

N00b Questions

SheikaVoid

Question

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

1. Is there a way to choose which mod config you bring into battle?  Do you need to fill out more than one for everything first?  Is config A the automatic mod config?  Am I just not seeing something?

You can use A Load Out.... Load Outs will preserve whatever config you have active on each weapon when you last used it.... 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

2. How does trading work?

Well first you need to be Mastery Rank 2 to trade.... you also need to enable 2 Factor Authentication to trade with other players.

Warframe Runs on a Free Market... meaning players decided how much they want to buy/sell/trade items... so the prices are always changing. 

8 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

3. Where can I get the pieces for new weapons that I have blueprints for?

That entirely depends on the weapon.... different weapons will require different things to craft and these will be on Different Planets...

You can highlight a planet and click on the Drone Icon to see what resources are available on that planet....

13 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

4. I just reached mastery rank 1.  In the sort of "mastery sanctum" (feel free to cringe) where you fight enemies and then earn the mastery rank, why am I fighting blue-tinted corpus.  Are these the same thing as the "Specters"?  I fought a Specter in the Venus junction

Well yes.... 

You should Visit Cephalon Semaris at any Relay and Practice the Mastery Rank tests there before qualifying for them....

Thats why the enemies look that way.... They are digitised simulations...

15 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

5. Are excavation missions useful?  DO they reward you with anything other than the ubiquitous credits?  I have completed some, but I never received anything other than a few materials.

You get a resource called Cryotic for every excavator you complete.... excavators are also the prefered choice of mission for certain players since they have the shortest Reward Cycle out of all the endless mission types.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

6. Should I spend platinum on another default loadout (it would be default anymore)?

I recommended spending your Platinum on Warframe slots and weapon Slots..... you can earn Load Out Slots by increasing your Mastery Rank. 

1. You are able to set up to 3 mod configurations (shown as A - B - C) on the upgrade menu of any warframe or weapon. You do not need to fill them out to swap between them, just click on the configuration to swap at any time (whichever one you have selected will be active and all others will be inactive regardless of which mods you have in each configuration).

2. At Mastery Rank 2, you'll have access to trading, in which you can travel to Maroo's bizarre on Mars or if you are in a Clan, use the trading Kiosk to initiate a trade with present players. 

3. Depends on the weapon or blueprint. In general, you'll acquire resources as you play but where you need to acquire them is up to what they are. Planets offer specific resources so unfortunately you may need to look at the wiki for quick reference https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Resources 

4. Mastery Rank is sort of your overall level as you gain experience. Warframe and weapons go up to 30 (which also increase their mod capacity) and as you level your equipment up to 30 you'll gain Mastery Rank points for your account which can unlock the use of better weapons as you progress. I'm guessing you are describing a Master Rank test which you have to pass to officially move on to the next rank. Tthey are not the same as Specters as those are unique to Junctions.

5. Excavation missions are one of a few "Endless missions" which allow you to gain unique resources and better rewards the longer you continue (as well as tougher enemies). The first few rewards are typically credits but that changes the longer you stay and depending on the level.

6. Platinum is best saved for weapon and warframe slots as you will unlock more loadouts as you gain Mastery Rank and weapon/warframe slots are considerably more valuable as you build up your arsenal. 

13 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

1. Is there a way to choose which mod config you bring into battle?  Do you need to fill out more than one for everything first?  Is config A the automatic mod config?  Am I just not seeing something?

The automatic when you select the frame, but you can manually select it by leaving the mod screen with the mod config you want.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

You go into Maroo's Bazaar or a clan Dojo, then either pull up your emote menu and select 'open shop' or go to a trading post and select the player you wish to request a trade with. If there is no trading post in the Dojo (most clans have theirs in their entrance room for convenience), then it's the same process as the Bazaar, but if it's your clan I'd recommend bringing it up with the leader or relevant architect, if you're the leader, adding one yourself.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

. Where can I get the pieces for new weapons that I have blueprints for?

Depends on the resource, but in general, you'll acquire them from killing enemies or completing resource gathering mechanics like Mining and Fishing on the open worlds. You can also get them from boxes and resource deposits found throughout the missions or lockers, if they're found by killing.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

4. I just reached mastery rank 1.  In the sort of "mastery sanctum" (feel free to cringe) where you fight enemies and then earn the mastery rank, why am I fighting blue-tinted corpus.  Are these the same thing as the "Specters"?  I fought a Specter in the Venus junction.

No, they're just Corpus with a coat of paint to indicate they're VR or something. Spectres are found in the Junctions and are effectively mini-bosses, that usually (but not always due to various reasons) have the Warframe held by the Planet's boss fight. You can also make spectres acquiring the blueprints from rescue missions.

(also, mastery sanctum is a pretty cool name)

19 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

5. Are excavation missions useful?  DO they reward you with anything other than the ubiquitous credits?  I have completed some, but I never received anything other than a few materials.

Cryotic is a resource unique to excavation, you'll get it regardless of what regular reward you'll receive.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

6. Should I spend platinum on another default loadout (it would be default anymore)?

If it's your starting plat, no. You'll acquire more from Mastery ranking up. If you have a surplus from trading or buying it, though, do what you will.

It's recommended you spend starting plat on inventory slots.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)VoidAcrimony said:

Hello, I'm VoidAcrimony, and I just started playing Warframe around 5 days ago (as of this post).  I've played for around 5-6 hours so far, and I have many questions.  I'm enjoying the game, and it's stunningly huge, but I am a tad confused about certain elements of the game.  If anyone can answer any of my questions, assuming that you won't give me spoilers, it would be greatly appreciated.

3. Where can I get the pieces for new weapons that I have blueprints for?

4. I just reached mastery rank 1.  In the sort of "mastery sanctum" (feel free to cringe) where you fight enemies and then earn the mastery rank, why am I fighting blue-tinted corpus.  Are these the same thing as the "Specters"?  I fought a Specter in the Venus junction.

Thanks!

1) Yes, you should be able to pick which mod config to bring by clicking on the bar near the top of your screen when you are placing the mods into the weapon. Whenever you change weapons / warframes however, the next time you re-equip it, it will default back to the first config (config A)

2) you would need to invite them to your clan's dojo (or they invite you to theirs) and there is a trading post that would allow you to trade with them. Alternatively, you can go to maroo's bazaar on mars and trade with them there by using the shop function, I don't play on switch so I am not sure which buttons you would need to press, but it should be the same one that opens up your gears and emotes. You would need to be mastery 2 and have 2FA in order to be able to trade.

3) Might want to specify which weapon it is for. I personally would recommend checking the wiki in general for this.

4) Pretty much, yes.

5) It is one of the mission type. Cryotic (one of the resources) are obtained from excavations. In addition, some excavation missions are good for endo (hieracon) or farming for relics, as rotations can typically be completed quicker than survivals with a decent team.

6) Really depends. I personally have a lot of loadouts as I am a bit lazy and there is a lot of different loadouts that I would like to keep for various purposes. Seeing how you are new, I would guess that you don't have that many warframes / weapons, so I would recommend using your starter platinum (assuming you haven't bought any yet) on slots instead.

Couple points to note as a new player:

1. The starting plat you receive is not tradeable.

2. Maroo's Baazar is off Mars which you'll need to open Mercury then backtrack and go to Mars.

3. Find a helpful Clan, it really makes the game easier and there are some items you can only get from the clan dojo.