Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Is A Suit , So We Must Say "she" For Nova ?

Dr_Shadox

1. Can you prove that Dark Sector lore is relevant to Warframe?

2. All men and all women have breasts, everyone has mammary glands (the things that produce milk) and can lactate and breastfeed. Women have more fat in their breasts than men, but the fat is not the main part of the breasts.

Edit- A few inconsistencies with the concept that the tenno are humans:

Rhino, Nyx and Excalibur has horns on their heads. Humans do not have horns on their heads.

Loki's head is shaped like a hammersharks head, not like a human's head.

Frost with Squall helmet has a jet engine in its head.

Banshee has a big shield attached to its head.

Saryn's Hemlock helmet is shaped like a flower.

Having lumps on the front of their chest = very weak evidence that they're humans.

1. DE stated that Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno. Thus linking Dark Sector to Warframe.

2. Based on lore they are Human - infused with a virus that they managed to overcome.

Rhino having horns its head... That's the Warframe suit. Hayden Tenno had a horn on his head because of the suit he wore.

Edited by Mikovsky

False , mastery level is the Tenno level , the mastery don't chage when you change suit.

your name don't change when you change suit , you can "craft" a suit or destroy it , not create a tenno or kill him/her.

You are a Tenno , always the same , even if you change a weapons , or if you change a suit.

my IGN is the name of my mercenary corp

when I sell/craft warframes I must hire/fire accordingly

mastery level is my mercenary training regiment, every human I hire has to go through it before going into the field to wield the weapons I give them for battle

iunno

https://warframe.com/game/story

"They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor."

masters of the Warframe armor

of the Warframe armor

the Warframe armor

Warframe armor

ARMOR

https://warframe.com/game/warframes

"Warframe exo-armor"

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess its some form of um.....ah.....oh right...Armour

The suits have $* and sweet &#! so it's a she

A suit that have male looking like rhino frost vuban it's a he

Rly easy 

Clearly you can tell Nova is a "She" with her 36"-24"-36" measurements, it's obvious! And on that note, I'd still hit that!

If you can look past the giraffe like neck and mashed potato face, she's not half bad. But that's what paper bags are for too. :D

finaly everyone thinks have the answer but everyone contradicts ^^ so when i read post mean "useless topic" i don't thinks so.

Maybe someone of DE can give us the answer ?

naturaly i say "he" for frost and "she" for saryn" (for example) , but i can't think other thing than "a warframe is a suit , so it's a item , so it's a it "

(sorry for my english)

Edited by Xodahs

250px-Ember.jpg250px-Ash.jpg

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it highly amusing that people are questioning if there are two genders here. Talk about overthinking things.

Can you proof if the 2 tenno on the pic exchange their warframe we wouldn't see a Male Ember and a Female Ash ?

If not MAYBE a frame don't have gender like i've said , and only the tenno inside can have gender , so "IT" for a frame must work if i'm not wrong.

of course this is only theoretical , and i can't proof the revers , but you can't proof your theorie too...

Can you proof if the 2 tenno on the pic exchange their warframe we wouldn't see a Male Ember and a Female Ash ?

If not MAYBE a frame don't have gender like i've said , and only the tenno inside can have gender , so "IT" for a frame must work if i'm not wrong.

of course this is only theoretical , and i can't proof the revers , but you can't proof your theorie too...

DErebecca is a man.

250px-Ember.jpg250px-Ash.jpg

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it highly amusing that people are questioning if there are two genders here. Talk about overthinking things.

Does a mannequin in a store window actually have a gender or is it just made to look like something that does. Does what's inside those suits have a gender or where they just made to look like something that does ? ;)

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that Ember's suit could be built as a male suit? Of course it could be if Ember was a male, but she's not. The frames themselves are genderless just like any piece of clothing.

Or are you implying that the actual frame itself will magically morph to suit the build/gender of whoever wears it, like Venom from Spiderman? Because if so, that really stretching the imagination.

These are not big, bulky, space marine suits like in starcraft. Not just anyone can fit into any warframe. They are obviously customized (and form fitted from the looks of it) to suit each individual Tenno.

Edited by HomeyCDawg

Uh, the fact that the body structures are night and day, and ash doesn't have boobs? And that ember was clearly intended for female use, and ash male?

Or are you implying that the actual frame itself will magically morph to suit the build/gender of whoever wears it, like Venom from Spiderman? 

It's exactly what i mean , like the Technocyte virus have create the first warframe , Hayden Tenno.

Remember Warframe is from Technocyte , and this virus can change many things (see infested greener , infested corpus and i may forget some others) 

We can't proof the warframe (suit) can't morph following the wearer to change shape depending on gender or body mass.

It's why i guess if a Tenno male equip the Ember suit , he may have the Ember skin but with male form , (and reverse for Ash)

Do you see what i mean now ? i'm sorry , my english is limited (and google translate too you know...) so sometime it hard to explain some things.

Sorry but think like : "i see boob , so it's a woman" , it's have a limited thinks ,  try to look beyond your reasoning already founded , and maybe people will see another possibility   (and you know in real life, some men have breasts, some women have an external "device" , if you see what i mean....)

I don't say Tenno use surgery xD , only only the appearance is very often misleading IN REAL LIFE , so why not in game ?

...many hypotése remains possible....

Edited by Xodahs

It's exactly what i mean , like the Technocyte virus have create the first warframe , Hayden Tenno.

Remember Warframe is from Technocyte , and this virus can change many things (see infested greener , infested corpus and i may forget some others) 

We can't proof the warframe (suit) can't morph following the wearer to change shape depending on gender or body mass.

It's why i guess if a Tenno male equip the Ember suit , he may have the Ember skin but with male form , (and reverse for Ash)

Do you see what i mean now ? i'm sorry , my english is limited (and google translate too you know...) so sometime it hard to explain some things.

We can't prove that it isn't either. So it's easier to go with what is generally accepted.

Alright. Listen up people. I'm gonna tell you how it is: originally there were supposed to be two genders for each Warframe. Your gender carried over when you switched Warframes. This is proven by what DE has said themselves and why Nyx looks like a female Excalibur; they were supposed to be the same Warframe at one point. Then for whatever reason, this idea was scrapped. So what we are left with is a system that doesn't make much sense. On one hand we level our Tenno up as if you are one person, on the other the Warframes obviously have different sexes. So there is no absolute truths here as the two concepts have merged into one.

It may explain why DE wanted make male/female for each frame , IF my theory is good

We can't prove that it isn't either. 

Don't worry i don't say everyone except me say wrong , i agree with you to this point.

So it's easier to go with what is generally accepted.

yes , but i'm feel like a sheep if i do that (like the man on the moon you see , almost everyone think it's true , and it's maybe true , but some have the right to think  the revers i guess), but for speak about waframe gender again , and i think its a interesting subject . 

Edit : going to sleep for the moment , cya later Tennos 

Edited by Xodahs

Well from what I've read I can summarize

-Tenno are Individual People that can be Male or Female and can be referred to as a 'He' or a 'She'

-Warframes are Armor, a suit that enhances the abilities of the one who weirs it and is built and customized to the individual and is referred to an 'it'.

Warframes are operated/piloted/worn by the Tenno (the ones we know of are 7 Female and 8 male) whom each have their own unique customized Warframe built for that Individual person.  Where the outside physical appearance of the Warframe show's the gender of the Tenno wearing the Warframe and therefor we can refer to Ember as a she and Ash as a he, and so on and so forth for the rest of the Warframes because we could consider the warframe and the tenno inside it as one individual, as one character.  This allows us to say 'he' or 'she' when referring to a warframe.

Another example would be the game Vindictus that has 6 Characters with their own individual class where in the Lore there is only one of each of them.  In game if you were to have 2 copies of once character and 2 of another, in the lore it would read out as character X and Character Y joined up for a quest.

In Warframe it would be the same way.  In game you could have 2 Embers and 2 ash's in one party, but in the lore it would read out as Ember and Ash went to Mars and sabotaged a Corpus star ship.

Edited by foxlight713