The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strain mods set - thoughts ?

Hey tenno

So, the strain mod set.  Looking at it, it seems pretty good.  Huge boost to melee crit damage, health regeneration, big boost to your helminth's damage and aoe corrosive damage that scales.  What's not to like in that list right?

Sure, it's maybe a bit left field but looks like it would give a reason to finally use my helminth.  

I tried testing it last night running a cple of survival missions but my damned dog kept getting stuck and dying.  Seemed to work pretty well but hard to tell.  For example, the crit damage is boosted by 160% at max which is huge, combined with organ shatter that's 250% damage boost.

I'm just wondering if any of you had done any proper testing or any experience of using the set.  I know, it's not meta, there may better options to min/max, but for some builds it could be fun.

Thanks in advance.

Edited title, blooming auto correct lol 

Edited by (XB1)Hyperion Rexx
auto correct fail

It’s ok. To do it though you need a tanky stats warframe. 300+ baseline Armor 300 being low. As much hp as you can get. Then make sure you have maxed the dogs tanky mods.

then how is it? It’s ok the damage is fine, but blood rush by it’s self is a better bonus for 1 mod slot. The healing is missing heath so not that good. Damage on your pet works if you replace his other abilities with 60/60 mods.  Also you have to remember to replace the mod if you go to a no pet zone or want to use a new pet.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my pals did a whole build around equipping full strain set one day. All I remember is the dumb dog getting stuck on every possible stairway and corner in every mission. Plus, running a helminth means you're not running a loot cat or Helios.

The AI is the primary issue for me, if it was as efficient as a Warframe, heck, half as efficient then that Helminth would slaughter everything it comes across, the numbers are already high enough, Helminth does a lot of damage. The only thing I can think of is if you did some sort of silly tamer type build using those... whatever the mod that makes the pet go after slash procs is, the problem there should be obvious, those mods are pretty much garbage.

Maybe one day I'll try that out and see if playing with a laser pointer spectra vandal modded for status and slash will make my doggo as bloodthirsty for that red dot as they are in real life. Cuz I clearly can't rely on their AI for attacking things.