Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good bow/sniper?

DrakeRemorea

Question

Im mastery 6 and i use Dread (on Nintendo switch) with Point strike, serration, and vital sense. I get around 10k dmg on a hit. It seems pretty good for where im at, the second dream. (I also use frost prime) Any way I was looking for a good bow or sniper, i have i think Vectis prime from twitch (with trinity prime) and i tried it and the zooming in was just mighty confusing after only using bows from the game start, anyway i got Snipetron Vandal in the foundry and i was just looking for advice on what i should look for? Im also building rhino prime in the foundry. And i use fragor with crushing ruin and heavy impact. 

11 answers to this question

Keep The Dread... its pretty good... However its not exactly the type of Bow you want to use All The Time... its not really Comfortable to use....

For Casual Content you can run around with The Rakta Cernos...

As for Snipers.... well.... This is warframe.... that amount of excessive tunnel visision from being forced to scope in all the time is extremely nauseating. So in situations where they are mandatory you can use The Lanka and Rubico Prime (with Ammo Restores) 

You should keep the Vectis Prime simply because its a weapon for the most distinguished of Tenno

Rakta Cernos is another excellent bow although it has MR12 requirement. Mutalist Cernos is a fun to use although may be less efficient than Dread. However, Attica is another outstanding bow, a real end-game weapon with a proper setup. It has a huge critical multiplier, a decent status chance and puncture as the main damage source that works miracles against armor. Moreover, it uses rifle ammo pickups which are consderably more frequent than sniper ammo. It is pinpoint accurate as well. For an MR7 weapon, it is the best IMHO.

Edited by akots
  • Like 1

Bow:

• Dread, if you want an endgame bow.
  • Rakta Cernos, if you want an all-round bow. It's pretty fast.
  • Cernos Prime, if you want a "shot-bow".
  • Lenz, if you want an explosive bow.

Sniper:

• Vectis Prime the all-round sniper.
  • Rubico Prime the META.
  • Vulkar Wraith + Snipetron Vandal the Head crushers.
  • Lanka the One Punch Sniper, if you want Highest damage per shot of all Sniper (and 5m punch through).
  • Komorex the fast and status-oriented sniper.

And here I'm waiting for Daikyu Prime 🙂

Of the normal bows Dread is my favorite.
I also really like Paris Prime and Rakta Cernos.
Don't forget the Lenz.

The Dread will work just fine for the game. I've used it for almost everything before without issue.

A very good Sniper would be your Vectis prime since it can be used used for Eidelon hunts and also it can be modded for status or crit depending on what you want in a build. Although there is one drawback would be the recoil when firing at long range and having to wait for it to return to its normal position. When using this weapon try to be in mid range to have accurate shots, or if you chose far range add a -recoil mod.

21 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Im mastery 6 and i use Dread (on Nintendo switch) with Point strike, serration, and vital sense. I get around 10k dmg on a hit. It seems pretty good for where im at, the second dream. (I also use frost prime) Any way I was looking for a good bow or sniper, i have i think Vectis prime from twitch (with trinity prime) and i tried it and the zooming in was just mighty confusing after only using bows from the game start, anyway i got Snipetron Vandal in the foundry and i was just looking for advice on what i should look for? Im also building rhino prime in the foundry. And i use fragor with crushing ruin and heavy impact. 

Ironically, for day-to-day use I really like Dex Sybaris for "sniping."   Put a hush mod, go for big crits and multishot.. no zoom dead.

But yes, I recently started gearing up Vectis Prime as I want to try out the +energy mod from headshots for a particular build.  Just a tad too much zoom.  2x and 4x would be great   Maybe one day I'll get a good riven for it that has negative zoom.

I tried Lanka... had to add so many mods for firing and projectile speed to make it comfortable for me, it wasn't that great. 

Snipetron I just deleted after I mastered it.

Edited by Krenlik
added lanka

On 2019-08-13 at 5:32 PM, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Keep Vectis P, not just bc it's vaulted, but bc once you get Charged Chamber and Depleted Reload mods it becomes a very competitive and comfortable sniper to use.

I have depleted reload on it 😛

20 hours ago, Diangelius said:

Dread, if you want an endgame bow.

You think? I thought maybe but perhaps i need a better build. I forma'd it i think once maybe twice. Has 3 or 2 V polaritys and a - one. I use blast damage rn but only because thats the best i got to make status chance higher. Would like something better for armour. I think today i was hitting everyshot above 10k and usually 12 to 15k hits. I tried a high index and it took about 7 shots avg to kill some 1.

Yeah  i also used the snipetron today, wish i woulda sold it. I traded it for primed reach... could've made some plat :l anyway thanks alot for the help everyone!