Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best way to generally get stronger and deal more damage and gain more health and/or shield?

gelokilla

Question

Upgrade. your. Mods

And use them wisely. A Volt with 15 Armor cannot make huge improvements with Steel Fiber, because Mods give % values most of the time. 150% of 15 is still only 22,5.

First things first: you usually don't want more shields. They are a bad layer of defense. If you want more survivability use Health Mods or work arounds, like Invisibility or generell CC. Later on you can switch to Quick Thinking, which uses your Energy Pool after your Health is depleted.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 3

Best survival methods are more DPS and movement.   Armor can help but it doesnt do jack at end game.

For DPS on guns you really get deadly by adding multi-shot mods and punch-through.   Punchthrough is kinda hard to fit later on though....  

For melee you have to learn how to use Hitstreaks/combo + crit chance builds  OR status/condition overload builds...   (For crit builds a newb will have to look for gladiator mods,  if your lucky enough to trade for or wait for Stalker Acolyte event thats where you get [Blood Rush]+[Body Count].

And then you need to learn different methods of healing yourself.   One of the easiest and best methods is beast pet that has Pack Leader + Hunter's Recovery.   One mod heals YOU based of your pets melee attacks,  the other heals your PET based off your melee.   [Medi-ray] can let your sentinels occasional regen your hp.  And then there are some better/other options for healing after you do 2nd Dream/War Within and......[censored]

15 minutes ago, Tacorot said:

im honestly kind of confused because sometimes ill join a game with god like players not even like attacking and killing everything. i dont need that, i just want to know how to generally be more powerful

Late game it becomes less about weapons and frames and more about mods. 

An ignis wraith is a good place to go. My ignis wraith build consists of damage, fire rate, crit chance, crit damage and radiation damage.

I melee with a level 40 paraceis (5 forma)

As for frames, good picks are:
Hildryn

Mesa Prime

Octavia

Frost Prime

Harrow

Chroma Prime

Equinox Prime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tacorot said:

im honestly kind of confused because sometimes ill join a game with god like players not even like attacking and killing everything. i dont need that, i just want to know how to generally be more powerful

There are a lot of ways to get stronger, mod for damage types against certain factions.

Make use of your Aura mods (shield disruption and corrosive projection)

Look at the weapon stats you are using, make use of crit chance and crit damage especially when the base crit chance of the weapons is above 20%

Make use of the status/elemental mods aka 60/60 mods  to buff your status chance.

Do the Excalibur umbra mission that give you the umbral mods

Look at the base stats of your warframe

When your warframe has a high health boos that

When it has high shields boost those and use shield regeneration mods

When it has high armor, boost that.

Beside that there are a lot of operator arcanes that you can use to boost your warframe.

What helps:

Power drift is an important mod, as it will give you power strength and knockdown resistance, this will allow you to be more mobile.

Movement is key in Warframe. Most damage can be avoided by motion and moving. Standing still and firing from one place is asking for incoming damage.

Your sentinel mods can be used for extra utility, like medi pet kit and there is also a shield generator for your sentinel

And a final tip is offense is the best defense

Edited by THE_ZEEK
  • Like 1

This game is all about mods. The only thing a weapon's level (rank) does is give you more mod capacity. Frames unlock their four abilities and slightly higher hp/shield stats as they level up from 0 to 30 but, like weapons, most of the big differences you'll feel will be from modding.

Edited by sinnae
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Upgrade. your. Mods

And use them wisely. A Volt with 15 Armor cannot make huge improvements with Steel Fiber, because Mods give % values most of the time. 150% of 15 is still only 22,5.

First things first: you usually don't want more shields. They are a bad layer of defense. If you want more survivability use Health Mods or work arounds, like Invisibility or generell CC. Later on you can switch to Quick Thinking, which uses your Energy Pool after your Health is depleted.

Have those 2 and you will kill everything and never die

XUUZrLL.jpg

uAacHUP.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Late game it becomes less about weapons and frames and more about mods. 

An ignis wraith is a good place to go. My ignis wraith build consists of damage, fire rate, crit chance, crit damage and radiation damage.

I melee with a level 40 paraceis (5 forma)

As for frames, good picks are:
Hildryn

Mesa Prime

Octavia

Frost Prime

Harrow

Chroma Prime

Equinox Prime

how do i get the ignis wraith and paraceis? I don't see a blueprint for the ignis in the market

4 minutes ago, Tacorot said:

how do i get such high tiered mods? all mine are pretty much common

do a lot of missions, get excaliber umbra to get the umbra mods. you can get the prime mods from baro or in the trade channel. prime vigor and prime sure footed are on the daily  login rewards

3 minutes ago, Tacorot said:

how do i get the ignis wraith and paraceis? I don't see a blueprint for the ignis in the market

ignis wraith bp is in the clan dojo, most of the clans give it for free

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

do a lot of missions, get excaliber umbra to get the umbra mods. you can get the prime mods from baro or in the trade channel. prime vigor and prime sure footed are on the daily  login rewards

ignis wraith bp is in the clan dojo, most of the clans give it for free

how exactly do i get to it? I'm online right now and I can do it

1 minute ago, Tacorot said:

how exactly do i get to it? I'm online right now and I can do it

ask in the trade channel if a clan can give u ignis wraith for free, lots of them do

Our clan on xbox gives it for free

check also with the trader, he is suppose to be here till the end of the day, check for any prime mods

Edited by (XB1)Oussii
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

ask in the trade channel if a clan can give u ignis wraith for free, lots of them do

Our clan on xbox gives it for free

check also with the trader, he is suppose to be here till the end of the day, check for any prime mods

its so dumb that I can't access the relay that the trader is at, i believe hes on pluto?

Edited by Tacorot

Sidenote:

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

u should be MR 8+

18 minutes ago, Tacorot said:

im not:/

You need to be MR9 for Ignis Wraith. Someone can't even give you the bp for free if you're not MR9.

And taking a peak at the clan you joined, they're not going to have the bp for it in there either. Too low rank to have been around during the event when you could get the bp in the dojo. I'd be very surprised if they have it anyway.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

3 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

uAacHUP.png

ljJEyTB.jpg

Physique, Primed Sure Footed (Why tf don't you use his 4th Augment to completely get immune to anything?), 2 wasted Umbral Forma for Strength he doesn't even need, Armored Agility

How shall OP get this crap build anway? We are talking to a beginner here

Edited by GnarlsDarkley