Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are these zealot dudes and how do i deal with them?

Scar1282

Question

I'm a new player, and in some missions i occasionally get enemy markers on the screen and they're always some type of zealot mob. Problem is while i'm chewing through everything else these guys just decimate me repeatedly. How on earth am I supposed to deal with them?

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎21 at 8:48 AM, (PS4)jester_of_clubz said:

This, spawning on top of you, was what happened to me. I was leveling up some weapons and Loper, my Helminth Charger, when right at the end of the mission in the alcove just outside of the door leading to extraction, 27 meters away they hammered me. My Charger was knocked down four times, and I had to revive her which killed me four times. Every time we got up and going they hit me again. Finally, on my final revive, I got in between Loper and them and backed through the doorway and extracted. I was woefully under powered, because I was leveling up some crap weapons. I think I did manage to kill one of them. It sucked, though. I really thought that I was going to lose Loper.

Just to let you know that if your pet goes down or dies in a mission, they're fine once you extract. You won't lose them. You may have to pet them to make up for letting them die though (kubrows lose loyalty when they die, not sure about Helminth Chargers)

New player here. I had them tonight turn up on an extermination mission. They became invincible and not near one another to take down together in time as I found out after you need to do. Plus their presence made or bugged the faction enemies I had to kill stop spawning. So I had no enemies to kill and 4 of these zealots that would not die. Even when the alarms were going, no spawning.

First time in a long time a game pulled something so cheap...Not happy.

The information is really helpful.  I have a few question in regards to the Zealot's.  I take it they are not here to stay, when the nightwave event is over, they will leave as well??? 

BTW, the running idea is good except when you are down to your last life, lockdown is triggered and they are in the same room with you.  That's when the game gets really interesting.

Also, I understand why the zealots have the red target symbol but when doing a sabotage mission, it's difficult to find the objective.  

Cheers

25 minutes ago, VictusRhul said:

The information is really helpful.  I have a few question in regards to the Zealot's.  I take it they are not here to stay, when the nightwave event is over, they will leave as well???

Yes, except that new Zealot boss which should be permanent

You cant defeat them one after another. If you take too long, they get back up like zombies and keep harassing you.

The thing is to do enough damage in a short amount of time so that they go down all at the same time or at least in rapid succession.
I use a combination of fairly high aoe damage skills and a toxic gas modded ignis (flamer). Octavia works nicely for me,
Once all three are down, they despawn and you get the reward.