Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival

AreeSoothsayer

I have lost count of how many times a Survival mission ended up with 1 or more players rushing off on their own.

So why not encourage grouping with a bonus to # of enemies spawned.

If 1 person is in a room and a spawn room gives 5 enemies...

2 people in a room the spawn room will give 6 enemies.

3 people will give 7 enemies.

4 people will give 8 enemies. 

20% increase, 40% increase, 80% increase. 

This will keep all players in the same room to encourage increased drops, exp/focus, and spine tingling action.

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

This will keep all players in the same room to encourage increased drops, exp/focus, and spine tingling action.

Will it though? That is not a sufficient incentive to encourage me to stay with the group.

• It is boring if one person kills everything, so people can spread out a little.

This just seems like a way to encourage people to camp in one room.

Since what I do on public survival runs also happens on Sanctuary/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, I can tell you outright that I isolate myself from the rest of the squad and why...

1) I want to kill stuff. If an idiot uses a nuker, I just switch to semi-afk like a Duty Cycle... like 10% On, 90% Off.

2) Their role as Life Support Harvesters and Efficiency Dispensers is what makes them valuable. Unfortunately, having them getting decked with 1 hit from a lvl50 enemy wastes my time AND Life Support/Efficiency because I have to stop killing just to revive them.

"But that's the essence of team play" Reviving is the essence of team play? One time in a mission, I can go with that... 30 times in less than 5 minutes? Hell no. Essence of team play is making the mission last as much as possible. If the player getting decked so easily doesn't want to die in the process, they should change their Warframe build to something else that fits both those mission types better...

... After all, Warframes are supposed to be "resilient".

Edited by Uhkretor

On 2019-08-23 at 4:11 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

At least for me, the beauty of Survival is that I can run around and encounter enemies on my way. If you wish to camp in one spot, there is always Defense or Interception. Let's not blend different game modes into one experience.

At the same time I see how Defense struggles to convey the "onslaught" feeling. What is the point in 5 waves with a pause? Just let enemies swarm Tenno fortifications for 5 minues and call it rotation A.

I don't camp in survival and I can't take anyone seriously who demands we all stay in one room with them during like a public Mot run.

Premade extreme endurance run, sure. But I can solo survival easily to ~60 minutes with my Nekros so I will wander around and do what I please.

Only exception is as a courtesy in survival fissures, as I don't want to split the reactant. However, if I do end up separated, I just mark the reactant with a waypoint and let the rest of my team know.

On 2019-08-23 at 12:53 AM, Uhkretor said:

2) Their role as Life Support Harvesters and Efficiency Dispensers is what makes them valuable. Unfortunately, having them getting decked with 1 hit from a lvl50 enemy wastes my time AND Life Support/Efficiency because I have to stop killing just to revive them.

Riddle me this:

My arbitration loadout - where I have carried and used five revive tokens 60 minutes into an infested arbitration survival has gone from full health to dead in about 2 seconds, 12 minutes into a void relic infested survival.

I won't say I've never died in arbitration survival with that loadout - that would probably be bad luck. But I am convinced that there are ...facets...to this game that can kill a frame quickly for reasons which don't have much to do with the build or the player's experience.

Now... that said..in some missions I have also wound up rezzing a rhino repeatedly (something approaching 20 times). That was awkward. So I think I can understand your sense of frustration. But... also... it's frustrating in a survival to just be sitting there with no enemies spawning and the life support running out.

So.. anyways...

Love the idea, would bring survival back to how it used to be in the first place again... ahh those were fun times. Sadly a lot of the community and DE don't want players doing the very thing your idea proposes to achieve, which is why they (in my opinion) ruined the original survival gameplay and turned it into Suffocation.

In suffocation, your worst enemy is the loss of air.. which can and will happen when that hallway hero running off solo gets taken down too far for revives and life support inevitably runs out due to there being very low spawn rates near the remaining squad.

Players are encouraged to fight out in the open.. yep don't bother with cover in a gamemode called "survival" speed through room after room to keep the spawn rates flowing killing everything you see before it can kill you.. zero opportunity for any considerable degree of tactics.

Oh well can't stop the rain, at least they fixed up spawn rates a little bit on them lower survival levels so they're on par with higher ones, but even then you can go through several rooms solo on Kuva Siphon now and not see a single enemy in a survival run so who is the real enemy?  Grineer or your inevitable lack of oxygen?

On 2019-08-25 at 4:21 AM, ShortCat said:

At the same time I see how Defense struggles to convey the "onslaught" feeling. What is the point in 5 waves with a pause? Just let enemies swarm Tenno fortifications for 5 minues and call it rotation A.

Also what's with that mid wave pause in mob spawns, they spawn in some... who meander their way towards the objective.. in small batches then there's this short gap.. and the 2nd half of a wave starts spawning in small batches again.

3 hours ago, Fleuria said:

Now... that said..in some missions I have also wound up rezzing a rhino repeatedly (something approaching 20 times). That was awkward. So I think I can understand your sense of frustration. But... also... it's frustrating in a survival to just be sitting there with no enemies spawning and the life support running out.

So.. anyways...

I get not everyone loves to group up, take cover and play a tactful survival mission where you bunker down and hold off the onslaught as long as possible. This is perfectly fine to me, it'd be really good if DE would just make it so each player gets X enemies that spawn and go after them. The ratio and life support drop rates change based on squad size.

This means if a player want's to go solo and get their kill on, they can do that and the rest of the squad will remain unaffected. If the full squad want to work together and getting kills is less important than coordinating abilities for affinity share.. that works fine too.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

On 2019-08-25 at 5:07 PM, Jax_Cavalera said:

This means if a player want's to go solo and get their kill on, they can do that and the rest of the squad will remain unaffected. If the full squad want to work together and getting kills is less important than coordinating abilities for affinity share.. that works fine too.

And, you can do solo survivals, also. (Or, at least, I do them, sometimes - mostly because I don't like recruiting for the derelict but also because I sometimes like staying longer than most people.)