Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Ephemera Drop Rate

nicolajtheking2

Why is the drop rate for this thing so low?

Why does it need vitus essence?

And finally WHY! do people not use it more, since it's so rare!? i've been farming the stalker ever since i discovered that he's got a chance (about 1.3% chance) to drop it, and that was about 1½ years ago! this thing needs you to do arbitrations AND be in the good graces of RNGesus too! this thing is so rare that i'm beginning to think it's a myth more than anything, due to it's excessively low drop rate.

So if it could be obtained in any other way than to have the devils own luck and doing arbitrations, then please MAKE IT SO!

I caught it after killing the Stalker once, after the ephemera was released. its called RNG for a reason, 1.3% chance (give or take a few decimals) is a reasonably low chance...

... reasonably low, I would've personally put it below 0.1% out of spite just because I could... But since I'm just a common player, can't do such a thing.

13 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

i've been farming the stalker ever since i discovered that he's got a chance (about 1.3% chance) to drop it, and that was about 1½ years ago!

How can you farm something for 1 1/2 years when it's only in the game for 5 months?

Introducing a new way to customize your Warframe: Ephemera! These new 'ATTACHMENTS' can only be earned and crafted by the brave. Once you acquire an Ephemera Blueprint and craft it, the ability to equip an Ephemera will appear in your Arsenal under Attachments! 

• Seeding Step Ephemera (obtained from Arbitrations)
  • Freezing Step Ephemera (obtained from New Boss Fight)
  • Shocking Step Ephemera (obtained from New Boss Fight)
  • Blazing Step Ephemera (obtained from Elite Sanctuary Onslaught)
  • Bleeding Body Ephemera (obtained from Arbitration Honors)
  • Smoking Body Ephemera (obtained from Stalker)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

And finally WHY! do people not use it more, since it's so rare!? i've been farming the stalker ever since i discovered that he's got a chance (about 1.3% chance) to drop it, and that was about 1½ years ago! this thing needs you to do arbitrations AND be in the good graces of RNGesus too! this thing is so rare that i'm beginning to think it's a myth more than anything, due to it's excessively low drop rate.

So if it could be obtained in any other way than to have the devils own luck and doing arbitrations, then please MAKE IT SO!

Smoking Body is easy to get. Buy some Stalker Beacons from Baro and farm the Stalker together with Friends. Stalker goes down in 10 seconds. Run Capture Missions because they are quickly finished.

Shocking Step and Freezing Step from the Orb take way longer to farm.

59 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

got a chance (about 1.3% chance) to drop it, and that was about 1½ years ago!

As @GnarlsDarkley pointed out, Ephmera's only became a thing 5 months ago. 

To answer your questions however:

1 hour ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

because its supposed to be rare

because Ephmera's were supposed to be Endgame Rewards, which naturally would come with "Endgame" resources.

Don't farm for it, it'll drop eventually. Apart from that, try to be less angry. If little things like this cause you to become this angry, i don't think its a good idea to keep playing. Its just a game, getting upset at it won't change anything.

i've been farming the stalker ever since i discovered that he's got a chance (about 1.3% chance) to drop it, and that was about 1½ years ago!

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

How can you farm something for 1 1/2 years when it's only in the game for 5 months?

... Mysteries from beyond the grave, apparently. And~

19 minutes ago, LunaSelenis said:

Don't farm for it, it'll drop eventually.

couldn't have said it any better.

Edited by Uhkretor

i've been farming the stalker ever since i discovered that he's got a chance (about 1.3% chance) to drop it

It's 5%.

5% is very generous considering all other Stalker drops and that it's supposed to be an optional "endgame"(?) cosmetic.

finally WHY! do people not use it more, since it's so rare!?

1) It's not that rare

2) The effect is barely visible

3) There are other ephemeras in the game that are actually noticeable 

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

I caught it after killing the Stalker once, after the ephemera was released. its called RNG for a reason, 1.3% chance (give or take a few decimals) is a reasonably low chance...

... reasonably low, I would've personally put it below 0.1% out of spite just because I could... But since I'm just a common player, can't do such a thing.

Same situation. I was very surprised

ok... i know that i over exagerated with the amount of time that i've been farming for it, it's just that my mind keeps going back to the fact that i've got about 200+ dreads (among the other things he drops) wich is basically useless to me, so again my mind keeps asking "Why would he even bother to drop this?" every time i kill him and get something (kinda) useless.

... A good way to get your mind out of that fact is to cut yourself everytime it pops again...

Ok, seriously now. RNG is just like that. You'll get it as soon as you stop trying to get it on purpose. That's how I got all my stuff... I don't want it, and it suddenly appears on my inventory.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

... A good way to get your mind out of that fact is to cut yourself everytime it pops again...

Ok, seriously now. RNG is just like that. You'll get it as soon as you stop trying to get it on purpose. That's how I got all my stuff... I don't want it, and it suddenly appears on my inventory.

That's actually pretty good advice, because it's true.

I want to get Khora so I want to get rid of it after maxing it out. I've been hitting SO almost non-stop day after day and it refuses to reward me that stupid main blueprint... The next time I run SO, and I decide that I don't want it anymore, it'll pop as a reward almost immediately.