Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modding 3.0?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

31 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

This is my own idea, but to balance Multishot, the extra ammo expended could use the ammo in the weapon's reserves, so there's actually some kind of trade-off for essentially over-doubling your damage and on-hit effects.

Then, it just becomes fire rate except all the bullets happen on a single trigger pull as opposed to cutting down the time it takes to fire those bullets. The key problem with multishot is the way it functions in damage, which is that it's another exponential multiplier which widen the gap too much. Ammo efficiency is just a side negative that will screw over weapons with innately high fire rate or low ammo count and only scratching the problem of Multishot. This problem is especially worse if you consider the rate of Multishot to fire rate.

Multishot simply shouldn't affect damage whatsoever. You would remove one mandatory mod and you would cut down the weapon scaling, which in turn, allows you to balance enemy levels and health better as opposed to the current game where any DMR feels like a semi-auto pistol in Sorties without Multishot.

Edited by RX-3DR

Modding 3.0 is basically what I imagine is in Railjack. A lot of the combat and balancing of the mode was built around what they had live with from the current system.

While I don't expect it any time soon or maybe ever for the rest of the game. But Imagine being able to adjust your weapons or frames on the fly by turning on and off mods like on the ship.

D5q_IYHXkAAZruf?format=jpg&name=small

Making 30 new flavors of forma to modify everything is not a improvement to the health of choice. And some things should be *gasp* nerfed. Adding more and more min-maxing is not what the game needs. Its a selfish plan for more power into a narrower build path.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

My suggestion would be to remove all the mods that affect the weapon's or warframe's base and visible stats and have forma do that to you

Why the forma detour that locks out a basic customization feature and utterly cripples any meaningfull weapon progression, if you do not have one?

Same result can be achieved if modding is not about simple stat stacking, but compromises and/or augmentations, kinda like Corrupted mods and weapon specific Augments are. For this you simply have to redo mods. No drama due to missing cards or compensations, just new text in text field.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Hopper_Orouk:

Have you read the whole thing?

Because i addressed how that will be implemented into formas

I did read it but instead of forma it should be a extra slot or just put in directly in your loadout, because this way you are forced to forma, imagine players not even maxed Serration yet or so, handling a new weapon etc. you would force people to level them twice, negating your mastery rank also technically due your extra mod points not count and help anymore as much for such kind of mods.