Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Every Popular Forum Post

WoodedSkate89

I don't know if this has been done or not, I couldn't find anything from the search function so lets go.

1. The OP with a controversial thread opener which has most likely been discussed to death

This guy usually opens up with a dupe topic for the 80th time. This will be either "nerf nukers", "rework rivens", or "increase kuva drops"

2. The Memer

The guy who is just there for laughs and either send memes or a comment along the lines of "oh God here we go"

3. The Angry Boi

The dude who comes in and starts insulting everyone for no reason. Puts everyone else in a bad mood. Makes the rest of the thread (even if he's not involved) aggressive. Sets a bad tone because everyone's in a bad mood from dealing with him/her.

(I've had threads where I've been put in a bad mood from people insulting eachother)

4. The 2 people who argue for 20 pages

(Usually me). Once one argument is done, another 2 step up.

5. The OP who has no clue what they had started. 

Comes back after a while, sees what has happened overnight. Is astounded. 

6. Alternative OP

Rather than 5, the OP stays active and becomes any of the above.

7. The others

These are just people who make their point, usually get quoted only once or twice. And get dragged into arguments.

Did I miss any? Did I get any wrong? Say below

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I don't know if this has been done or not, I couldn't find anything from the search function so lets go.

1. The OP with a controversial thread opener which has most likely been discussed to death

This guy usually opens up with a dupe topic for the 80th time. This will be either "nerf nukers", "rework rivens", or "increase kuva drops"

2. The Memer

The guy who is just there for laughs and either send memes or a comment along the lines of "oh God here we go"

3. The Angry Boi

The dude who comes in and starts insulting everyone for no reason. Puts everyone else in a bad mood. Makes the rest of the thread (even if he's not involved) aggressive. Sets a bad tone because everyone's in a bad mood from dealing with him/her.

(I've had threads where I've been put in a bad mood from people insulting eachother)

4. The 2 people who argue for 20 pages

(Usually me). Once one argument is done, another 2 step up.

5. The OP who has no clue what they had started. 

Comes back after a while, sees what has happened overnight. Is astounded. 

6. Alternative OP

Rather than 5, the OP stays active and becomes any of the above.

7. The others

These are just people who make their point, usually get quoted only once or twice. And get dragged into arguments.

Did I miss any? Did I get any wrong? Say below

Lol, you summed it up quite well. 

the dreamer:

bases ideas based on their fantasy. Largely ignores practicality and (opportunity) costs associated when suggesting their idea. Often, you will see that they claim their ideas work because "we / someone will figure out a way to make them work"

the farmer:

repeatedly uses straw mans when trying to argue (strawman fallacy: giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent thanks wikipedia)   Often, they also lack the capacity to understand the actual idea given by opponents, and thus annoy everyone else as people have to reply over and over just to explain a easy concept. This typically ends up into a angry discussion or derailed post.

Edited by Leyers_of_facade

55 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

The most popular forum posts (number of likes/equivalent) are those that immediately follow any sort of announcement from DE. So, just "stalk" the usual DE people, have your reply ready and immediately copy-paste it below theirs. Profit!

Don't forget to set up your Discord bot to inform you of redtext, so you have a few minutes of warning before a hotfix post.

• Like 1