Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kyta

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

I don't really know how to deal with those Kyta Raknoids.

As with my last post, I told how I had problems with those things due to their overshields and CC attacks. And since they drop my most sought after Toroid, I need to figure out a way to crack those open - preferrable with and additional helping on how to survive at the Temple of Profit.

What to do?

I bring a tanky Nekros (Health Conversion + Adaptation + Shield of Shadows + Despoil) and a radiation Catchmoon for toroid farming.

If you have some favorite frames or weapons people might be able to help with more specific advice. Not sure what you have access to.

Edited by sinnae

vor 18 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

What weapons are you using and what are their builds?

I have no problems with the usual Hybrid Corrosive Tomfinger build.

But if you specifically have problem with the overshields, try magnetic. 

I've had my crit/gas Sybaris P and a blast Tombfinger, also my Plague Zaw

vor 6 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

I bring a tanky Nekros (Health Conversion + Adaptation + Shield of Shadows + Despoil) and a radiation Catchmoon for toroid farming.

If you have some favorite frames or weapons people might be able to help with more specific advice. Not sure what you have access to.

I have no augments and no Adaptation for my Nekros. I usually go with my Rhino and the weapons I just mentioned in my other answer.

Oh, yes, I remember you from the other toroid topic now. Replace blast on your Tombfinger with a useful element. Blast is basically terrible in 99% of cases outside of niche CC uses.

You can see kyta raknoid elemental weaknesses here:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kyta_Raknoid

Maybe radiation, because radiation is useful in other places whereas magnetic damage generally sucks against other stuff.

vor 1 Minute schrieb sinnae:

Oh, yes, I remember you from the other toroid topic now. Replace blast on your Tombfinger with a useful element. Blast is basically terrible in 99% of cases outside of niche CC uses.

You can see kyta raknoid elemental weaknesses here:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kyta_Raknoid

Maybe radiation, because radiation is useful in other places whereas magnetic damage generally sucks against other stuff.

Tombfinger doe have radiation be default tho.

And yes, that was my previous topic and I had hoped to get a bit more advice on that.

If you click on the Wiki link, you can see kyta raknoids' elemental weaknesses.

e6VZvVu.png

The top row is for its actual health, the second row is for its purple overshields that are giving you trouble.

Edited by sinnae

vor 10 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

If you click on the Wiki link, you can see kyta raknoids' elemental weaknesses.

e6VZvVu.png

The top row is for its actual health, the second row is for its purple overshields that are giving you trouble.

Ok, I see

I've set the element on blast for Nightwave and just kept it that way.

If I needed magnetic, I put that on my Zaw. But you can't go melee on an enemy like a Kyta, right?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

you can't go melee on an enemy like a Kyta, right?

Well, I go melee on a Kyta... But if you're running on the PS, you might want to use your secondary for it, by using both Magnetic and Radiation on it.

Edited by Uhkretor

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Uhkretor:

Well, I go melee on a Kyta... But if you're running on the PS, you might want to use your secondary for it, by using both Magnetic and Radiation on it.

My biggest problem with going melee on them is their elctric web, which makes their vicinnity pretty damaging.

Someone suggested a Redeemer,  but I don't have one and I prefer to solve the problem with what I have, especially what I've put work and forma into. Like my Tombfinger, my Rattleguts or my Rhino

And since Adaption is so favored, I have to say, I'm currently pretty far from getting it. I have no access to Arbitrations and I don't have plat to spare to buy it

Edited by (PS4)KyomaSatomi

23 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

My biggest problem with going melee on them is their elctric web, which makes their vicinnity pretty damaging.

Someone suggested a Redeemer,  but I don't have one and I prefer to solve the problem with what I have, especially what I've put work and forma into. Like my Tombfinger, my Rattleguts or my Rhino

And since Adaption is so favored, I have to say, I'm currently pretty far from getting it. I have no access to Arbitrations and I don't have plat to spare to buy it

You say you want to problem-solve but you have the exact same problems as you did when you made a similar topic last week and you haven't made any changes or taken a few minutes to farm a tiny amount of plat for decent mods. You haven't gotten the toroids you needed back then either. I think maybe you just wanna shoot the sh!t and not actually adapt.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Rhino is a cruddy tank past low-level activities. Orb Vallis damage (outside of PT/Exploiter) is all chip damage, which Rhino isn't suited for. You can't build up big iron skin, you get constantly whittled down and have nothing when it expires.

If you insist on staying on Rhino - whose one gimmick is not dying, yet on whom you are dying constantly - then just mod your gun and shoot the raknoid in the head. Nothing much else people can suggest.

Edited by sinnae

vor 2 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

You say you want to problem-solve but you have the exact same problems as you did when you made a similar topic last week and you haven't made any changes or taken a few minutes to farm a tiny amount of plat for decent mods. You haven't gotten the toroids you needed back then either. I think maybe you just wanna shoot the sh!t and not actually adapt.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Rhino is a cruddy tank past low-level activities. Orb Vallis damage (outside of PT/Exploiter) is all chip damage, which Rhino isn't suited for. You can't build up big iron skin, you get constantly whittled down and have nothing when it expires.

If you insist on staying on Rhino - whose one gimmick is not dying, yet on whom you are dying constantly - then just mod your gun and shoot the raknoid in the head. Nothing much else people can suggest.

Hey! I'm not sh***ing out.
What I did since my last post was farming stuff from the soon to end Prime vault. And also, I put my expendable prime stuff into Baro, looking for something good.

If you are mad that I don't put your advice into practice immediately, it's not my problem.

And I told you that Rhino is my most durable frame. You said it yourself, his 'gimmick' is that he is hard to kill. So why should I replace a highly survivable frame - aside from my Nidus - with one that I had trouble with staying alive while levelling it up?

I can accept being lectured and called out, but in a reasonable manner, not out of a bruised ego.

Your Rhino is able to handle any challenge there, including the Kyta, provided you know how to use the terrain to your advantage. You should maximize your survivability with a Steel Fiber, Vitality and Redirection. If you have these, also equip Vigor/Primed Vigor and Armored Agility.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Uhkretor:

Your Rhino is able to handle any challenge there, including the Kyta, provided you know how to use the terrain to your advantage. You should maximize your survivability with a Steel Fiber, Vitality and Redirection. If you have these, also equip Vigor/Primed Vigor and Armored Agility.

I took redirection off for Ironclad Charge tho.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Hey! I'm not sh***ing out.
What I did since my last post was farming stuff from the soon to end Prime vault. And also, I put my expendable prime stuff into Baro, looking for something good.

If you are mad that I don't put your advice into practice immediately, it's not my problem.

And I told you that Rhino is my most durable frame. You said it yourself, his 'gimmick' is that he is hard to kill. So why should I replace a highly survivable frame - aside from my Nidus - with one that I had trouble with staying alive while levelling it up?

I can accept being lectured and called out, but in a reasonable manner, not out of a bruised ego.

"Shoot the sh!it" just means to chat LMAO

Nobody is mad, but kind of annoying when you're having the same problem and farming the same resource as last week...and you haven't taken time to actually change anything. If you want to beat your head against a wall though that's up to you, just don't keep posting about it.

And you say you keep dying on Rhino, thus his "gimmick" isn't working out for you is it? You won't change his build, so...how can anyone help you.

Edited by sinnae

Augments are fun, but they're situational. Against a Kyta, its a wasted slot. I'm not seeing you using Charge just to get a 50% boost of armor, without considering ability power boosts.

I found it more efficient, considering survivability, to simply not use Augments and use those slots for resilience instead. You might also want to use Shield Disruption aura mod, since it'll reduce the Kyta's shields.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

"Shoot the sh!it" just means to chat LMAO

Nobody is mad, but kind of annoying when you're having the same problem and farming the same resource as last week...and you haven't taken time to actually change anything. If you want to beat your head against a wall though that's up to you, just don't keep posting about it.

And you say you keep dying on Rhino, thus his "gimmick" isn't working out for you is it? You won't change his build, so...how can anyone help you.

Sorry. It sounded like you were cranky that I didn't do what you said right away.

Honestly, the reason why I bring  this up again was that the reaction to my previous issue was rather sparse and i was waiting if there would be more, but there wasn't any more. And to not directly repeat  my last question, I took part of it to ask for more detail.

ANd the thing about that build on my Rhino is that I have found one that helps me in the majority of situations and I don't want to completely rearrange  it just for one enemy.
I focused my build on armor and strength with a bit of duration to get good value of each of my abilities (no corrupted mods tho).
I'm generally more for a rounded build than a highly specialized one because the latter would be too situational and would have to swap out mods if I go into a situation that does not fit that build.

What I was more hoping for was to get some strategies and advice on weapons to deal with that enemy - and hopefully also in extension better farm Sola Toroids.

I never wanted to S#&$ on anyone's advice and help.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Uhkretor:

Augments are fun, but they're situational. Against a Kyta, its a wasted slot. I'm not seeing you using Charge just to get a 50% boost of armor, without considering ability power boosts.

I found it more efficient, considering survivability, to simply not use Augments and use those slots for resilience instead. You might also want to use Shield Disruption aura mod, since it'll reduce the Kyta's shields.

Well, this is my allround Rhino build I use for all occasions when I pick him. And so far, it has come in handy pretty often.

I also use the Steel Charge aura mainly because of the matching polarity and the amount of mod points it gives. For Shield Disruption, I probably need to forma that slot.

As said before, I prefer to have more rounded builds so i don't have to shove around mods between missions.

two quick things:

use Spacekid to avoid the AoE attacks quickly. it's a good emergency tool.
shoot the Disc thing on top of it, you get Headshot Multipliers from that part of the Enemy.

it's a pretty significant Enemy, so not being able to quickly DELET it unless you've been playing for a very long time isn't abnormal.
but that's fine.

on a side note, DoT can be useful on this Enemy if you're not in a position to remove it instantly, as DoT significantly increases your total Damage per Shot.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Tombfinger doe have radiation be default tho.

to be clear, your modded Elemental Type(s) was brought up because what Elemental Damage you add on via Mods is generally upwards of 80-90% of your total Damage per Shot. native Damage Types are convenient, but you can add so much more from Mods that what you had baseline is overshadowed (but still useful).

doesn't mean you need to swap to Magnetic though (since if you forget like with Blast, you'll have unfavorable results somewhere else). you can opt for something that's generally fairly neutral if you'd really like. though since there's 3 Modding tabs, you could take advantage of that, hehe.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1