Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kyta

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

I don't really know how to deal with those Kyta Raknoids.

As with my last post, I told how I had problems with those things due to their overshields and CC attacks. And since they drop my most sought after Toroid, I need to figure out a way to crack those open - preferrable with and additional helping on how to survive at the Temple of Profit.

What to do?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

As said before, I prefer to have more rounded builds so i don't have to shove around mods between missions.

Yes, that can get tedious; one option is to make use of your A, B and C build slots. Maybe keep your daily Rhino build on A and a farming build on B.

I keep my slow Nova on A and speed Nova on B...eidolon Trinity on A and EV Trin on B, etc.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I also use the Steel Charge aura mainly

I also used that until I got Rejuvenation aura... This was way back, from U7 to U12 (steel charge aura)... And then, until very recently, where Rejuvenation wasn't cutting it anymore, so I had to switch to the equivalent "non-rejuvenation" thing I could find, and those were Corrosive Projection, Shield Disruption and Infested Impedance. That matching polarity ends up being more of an eyesore, most of the times. Against a Kyta, its an eyesore, and Steel Charge is being detrimental against it.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

and Steel Charge is being detrimental against it.

i wouldn't call it detrimental, there's the extra Mod Points(which can definitely be useful earlier on in the game) - though i would prefer if ALL Auras had the same Mod Point Bonus >.>

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i would prefer if ALL Auras had the same Mod Point Bonus >.>

... Aura Forma is everyone's friend...

Seriously though, I did have unmatched polarity auras working with my Warframe. I can assure you that Steel Charge is being detrimental in this particular situation.

Edited by Uhkretor

vor 4 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

one option is to make use of your A, B and C build slots.

I use only the A slot so far for my general build. I admit it's mostly out of  convenience. I have all I need in one build and don't need to switch up or realize that I have the wrong build because I forgot to switch tabs before the mission.

Gerade eben schrieb sinnae:

Build specialization is kinda necessary in this game. The same Rhino you're struggling on right now could breeze through the same content by adjusting his build.

My problem with specializing is that I'm always concerned about the weakspots and drawbacks this might bring me and that those blow up in my face. (the same reason why corrupted mods either end up gathering dust or getting sold)

It's like the phrase "jack-of-all-trades, master of none." You end up with frames that are mediocre at everything, and never feel powerful or truly streamlined. I can't convince you to do anything, and you're tired of being lectured, so I'll just say: this game is all about personalizing and specializing your builds. Corrupted mods are a mainstay and vital part of many builds. Not specializing will actively hurt you in the future...stuff like bringing a Slowva to a mission that needs a Speedva will have people straight-up leaving your squad. You won't be able to survive endurance missions or arbitrations, and you will have to rely on others to carry you through stuff like eidolons. I hope you figure out your toroid problem, good luck!

vor 1 Minute schrieb sinnae:

It's like the phrase "jack-of-all-trades, master of none." You end up with frames that are mediocre at everything, and never feel powerful or truly streamlined. I can't convince you to do anything, and you're tired of being lectured, so I'll just say: this game is all about personalizing and specializing your builds. Corrupted mods are a mainstay and vital part of many builds. Not specializing will actively hurt you in the future...stuff like bringing a Slowva to a mission that needs a Speedva will have people straight-up leaving your squad. You won't be able to survive endurance missions or arbitrations, and you will have to rely on others to carry you through stuff like eidolons. I hope you figure out your toroid problem, good luck!

Thank you.

I did hear similar things from others before tho I never felt comfortable with 'narrowed down' builds or with mods that cut down on stats - that includes Speed Nova (I prefer Nova with slowing effect) or small bubble Limbo.

It's  not so much that I hate getting lectured. It's getting lectured seemingly unreasonably. (and I admit that I'm pretty stubborn)

I am thankful you took your time with me tho. Even if I don't sound grateful at all.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

That's my Rubico. I originally modded it for Eidolon hunts, but this might work here too.

Make sure you have some other way to CC or kill the other enemies. I run Revenant solo and when I take over a base to get these raknoids to spawn, I got 7 guys under CC at all times.

EDIT: If you make it pure electric damage, it will probably work even better!

Edited by nslay

There’s other ways to get Sola Toroids besides killing Kyta Raknoids, you know. Doing Profit-Taker bounty 3. Getting a high alert level and killing waves of enemies on the lower level of the Temple of Profit. Flying around the Orb Vallis and checking caves.

Kytas aren’t all too difficult, though. The sound of them spawning is rather distinctive, so you can easily have your crosshair over their weak point by the time the spawning animation finishes. Their overshield generation is capped and only lasts for a certain duration. They usually stand still after their teleportation move, allowing you to hit their weak point easily.

I find Scyto Raknoids ten times more annoying, honestly. They stunlock at melee range. They are health-gated, meaning you can’t even burst them down in a half-second like Kytas. They constantly leap around. Kytas are just a big lumbering target with skippable defensive phases. 

I've been using Profit Taker Phase 1 to get a chance for the x3 Vega Toroid (hard to get now) reward in addition to guaranteed Mite Raknoids spawn in stage 1 (fishing phase), stage 2 has us take over a base which gives us 1-2 Scyto raknoids and 1-2 Kyta raknoids. Then stage 3, if you take your time, get another 1-2 Scyto raknoids and another Kyta by letting the alert level go up. Then after you complete stage 3, you might get x3 Vega toroids! In Phase 2, if you let the alert levels go up as you kill the sentient directors, you might be greeted by a Scyto raknoid when you leave the Enrichment labs to grab the data mass! Anyway, that's my method... I'm not as thrilled with Profit Taker Phase 3 or 4, though Profit Taker Phase 4 will definitely spawn 5-6 Scyto raknoids and a couple Kyta raknoids! And you get a Crisma too!

2 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

My problem with specializing is that I'm always concerned about the weakspots and drawbacks this might bring me

You can do like I did... Specialize your all-purpose build against the 3 main factions. You keep the general thing (mostly) and end up having benefits against them.

The only thing I ended up not having is the Health regeneration, but considering how frequent health orbs pop... it didn't really make a difference.

Edited by Uhkretor

4 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

My problem with specializing is that I'm always concerned about the weakspots and drawbacks this might bring me and that those blow up in my face. (the same reason why corrupted mods either end up gathering dust or getting sold)

• you have 3+ Weapons, they can offer different tools to help round things out even while specializing a bit.
  • Corrupted Mods are important for everybody - even despite the negatives much higher Stats are achievable (without really sacrificing any of the others, just no further increases to them) with them, than without. in short they make Players objectively better, and the only real cost being Mod Points and acquiring the Mods.

2 hours ago, Nitresco said:

I find Scyto Raknoids ten times more annoying, honestly. They stunlock at melee range. They are health-gated, meaning you can’t even burst them down in a half-second like Kytas. They constantly leap around. Kytas are just a big lumbering target with skippable defensive phases. 

i haven't minded that Scytos have a brief invulnerability period myself, as that gives me time to 'warm up' some mechanics so that they vaporize the moment it wears off. :^)

Edited by taiiat

Having read through your responses I keep seeing comments from you along the lines of "this is my build".

I suggest you take on board the player responses and modify your weapons and frame for better survivability and damage.

Weapon - remove gas damage and change your damage to any other type of damage type. I suspect you will find that gas is one of the least used damage types by other players for a reason,

Frame - I often use Rhino Prime so am familiar with potential builds. Do you have the rhino mod Iron Shrapnel equipped? If not, get it and equip it. You have build slots A, B and C. So you can copy most of your A build into a B build which is specific for this encounter. When your iron skin gets lower recast it, use the Zenurik focus school to constantly replenish your energy. As others have mentioned, for this encounter get lots of your survival mods onto your frame.

These simple changes should significantly help. If you are unwilling to change your builds then there really is no point in repeatedly making these forum posts.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Nitresco:

There’s other ways to get Sola Toroids besides killing Kyta Raknoids, you know. Doing Profit-Taker bounty 3. Getting a high alert level and killing waves of enemies on the lower level of the Temple of Profit. Flying around the Orb Vallis and checking caves.

Kytas aren’t all too difficult, though. The sound of them spawning is rather distinctive, so you can easily have your crosshair over their weak point by the time the spawning animation finishes. Their overshield generation is capped and only lasts for a certain duration. They usually stand still after their teleportation move, allowing you to hit their weak point easily.

I've tried the Temple of profit several times, yet I had problems lasting long enough to get those toroids to drop. I can't last more than 5 minutes  while I can go hunt toroids at the spaceport for 20 minutes without problems.

And so far I've failed at the 1st Profit taker bounty, at the part where you have to defend the console. Can't progress to the next bounties if you have cleared this.

I've yet to come across a toroid pickupp in a cave yet.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb nslay:

I've been using Profit Taker Phase 1 to get a chance for the x3 Vega Toroid (hard to get now) reward in addition to guaranteed Mite Raknoids spawn in stage 1 (fishing phase), stage 2 has us take over a base which gives us 1-2 Scyto raknoids and 1-2 Kyta raknoids. Then stage 3, if you take your time, get another 1-2 Scyto raknoids and another Kyta by letting the alert level go up. Then after you complete stage 3, you might get x3 Vega toroids! In Phase 2, if you let the alert levels go up as you kill the sentient directors, you might be greeted by a Scyto raknoid when you leave the Enrichment labs to grab the data mass! Anyway, that's my method... I'm not as thrilled with Profit Taker Phase 3 or 4, though Profit Taker Phase 4 will definitely spawn 5-6 Scyto raknoids and a couple Kyta raknoids! And you get a Crisma too!

I've once tried the bounties. But I've failed at the point where you have to defend the console/base at the point when the Raknoids and the Jackal spawn in. I repeated it several times and always failed. And if you fail, you loose all you've icked up.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I've once tried the bounties. But I've failed at the point where you have to defend the console/base at the point when the Raknoids and the Jackal spawn in. I repeated it several times and always failed. And if you fail, you loose all you've icked up.

Add me, I can help you. We can play together.

EDIT: Oh darn, you're PS4.

Edited by nslay