Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did you rename Laomedeia?

TeaHawk

Laomedeia is now a disruption node. Nereid is basically same old spy mission that originally Laomedeia was. I have a simple question, why not making Neirid a disruption node and keeping old good Laomedeia?

I have a friend, who spent at least 300 hours of game-play on this mission. To him it's sacred. And now it's Nereid...  It's confusing. Now we have to think of Nereid each time someone says "I'm going on Laomedeia". Have you ever seen Monty Python sketch on Hungarian phrase book? It's just as confusing as this damn hungarian phrase book from the sketch. Arghhh

Edited by TeaHawk

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

No, if someone says that you have to think of Laomedeia, because that's what people will play if they say that...

Nah. I'm talking only about me and my friends. Not about an entire player base of course.
Also it's off topic. I'm here to have some answers. Not speaking about shallow delicateness.

2 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Nah. I'm talking only about me and my friends. Not about an entire player base of course.
Also it's off topic. I'm here to have some answers. Not speaking about shallow delicateness.

Then maybe you should have said "each time one of us" rather than "each time someone".

And where did the "shallow delicateness" come from?

12 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

The answer you are seaking is: Because DE chose to.

And no, they won't give you more of an explanation then this. The wanted the mission names to be what they are now, and they made it happen.
There is no bigger plan behind all that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Then maybe you should have said "each time one of us" rather than "each time someone".

And where did the "shallow delicateness" come from?

No I should not. We (me and my friends) would naturally think of old Laomedeia when someone (anybody) speaks about Laomedeia. No matter who speaks about it: me, my dog, you, Hillary Clinton, Josef K, whofockingever.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And no, they won't give you more of an explanation then this. The wanted the mission names to be what they are now, and they made it happen.
There is no bigger plan behind all that.

I'm not expecting them to answer. But still maybe one of old players would have any juggestion. Maybe Laomedeia has a long story of changes what I'm not aware of.  Maybe it was planned to be another mission and it was stated it some old lost in time devstream with 2-digitts stream number? I dunno

I just don't fcuking get why one of the best spy missions cannot keep its name. That's all.

23 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

No I should not. We (me and my friends) would naturally think of old Laomedeia when someone (anybody) speaks about Laomedeia. No matter who speaks about it: me, my dog, you, Hillary Clinton, Josef K, whofockingever.

But what you said was that when someone says "I'm going to Laomedeia", that you "have to think of Nereid".  That's incorrect.  If you had said "we have to think of old Nereid until we mentally update to the change" then that would have been accurate, but you're speaking in present tense under-which when someone mentions Laomedeia (outside of your circle) they mean what is currently Laomedeia unless they state otherwise.  With how the English language works, it isn't debatable about what is correct.  I made the suggestion because I don't know if English is your first language, how far along in school you are or anything else that could possibly factor into you making the mistake so I was giving you the opportunity to learn.  Considering you ended the comment with "whofockingever" (and that swears and most likely adaptions of those swears are linked with the emotional language part of our brains, assuming typicality) this seems to be a case of you being unwilling to adapt and being frustrated when someone corrects you (with no ill intention).  Please instead take this as a chance to learn.  Again, no ill intentions but we can all be better at something.

17 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

But what you said was that when someone says "I'm going to Laomedeia", that you "have to think of Nereid".  That's incorrect.  If you had said "we have to think of old Nereid until we mentally update to the change" then that would have been accurate, but you're speaking in present tense under-which when someone mentions Laomedeia (outside of your circle) they mean what is currently Laomedeia unless they state otherwise.  With how the English language works, it isn't debatable about what is correct.  I made the suggestion because I don't know if English is your first language, how far along in school you are or anything else that could possibly factor into you making the mistake so I was giving you the opportunity to learn.  Considering you ended the comment with "whofockingever" (and that swears and most likely adaptions of those swears are linked with the emotional language part of our brains, assuming typicality) this seems to be a case of you being unwilling to adapt and being frustrated when someone corrects you (with no ill intention).  Please instead take this as a chance to learn.  Again, no ill intentions but we can all be better at something.

Could you please re-explain what is grammatically incorrect in aforementioned sentence? You're pushing things far, let's get to the essentials then.

Now we have to think of Nereid each time someone says "I'm going on Laomedeia".

Now (a days) We (I+my friend aforementioned friend) have to (we have no other option than) think of Nereid (because the object what is referenced by Laomedeia is likely to be Nereid) each time someone says [...].
I clearly don't see any problem here. If you're willing to educate me, please make an effort clearly explaining what is the problem. It might be there. I just want a better explanation, so I could eventually fix it. It's that simple.

And... "If you had said "we have to think of old Nereid until we mentally update to the change" then " just what are you talking about? This is far more confusing. Mentally update your mind please, because here you're speaking about some old Nereid. That does not make any sense. 

Edited by TeaHawk

34 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Could you please re-explain what is grammatically incorrect in aforementioned sentence? You're pushing things far, let's get to the essentials then.

Ok, so when you said "Now we have to think of Nereid each time someone says 'I'm going to Laomedeia'", the "someone says" doesn't mean your group, it in a literary sense refers to anyone.  If you're assuming everyone else also mistakenly refers to the node by its old name then your original statement would be correct, but that would be a very flawed assumption.  When communicating there can be a difference between what the speaker intended to mean, and what the literal words they used mean.  The connection with "someone says" and the group of people you exist within does not get properly conveyed with the words you chose to use.  Changing "someone says" to "one of us says" would be accurate since it clearly conveys what you intended to say to someone reading the thread from the outside.

In my previous explanation I said "old Nereid"... well because I made a mistake.  It has been years since I knew what all the solar chart nodes were called so when typing the comment I wasn't actively cognisant 'Nereid' was a wholly new name, so I apologise for the confusion that mistake caused.

11 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

doesn't mean your group, it in a literary sense refers to anyone.

That's right. I'm referring anyone here.

If you're assuming everyone else also mistakenly refers

I'm not assuming that. How did you come up to this thought?

hanging "someone says" to "one of us says"

It's not one of us. It's someone, anybody. I've already explained. You're really complicated as a person.

Let's put things cristal clear:

Let X,Y think of Neired once hear of Leomedeia; We={X,Y}

Let Z think anything once hear of Leonedeia; Z in someone.

If Z says Leomedeia, X and Y think of Nereid. Z can think what so ever of. Not mentioned.

Is it clear now?

I'm not suggesting that anyone is thinking the same in my sentence. I'm not suggesting that it should be said by one of us either. I don't know why did you invent this dilemma.

Edited by TeaHawk

13 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

That's right. I'm referring anyone here.

Good.

15 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

I'm not assuming that. How did you come up to this thought?

"Now we have to think of Nereid each time someone..."  It only makes sense under that assumption.  If someone (anyone) says "I'm going to Laomedeia", then chances are unless they then say "oops, I mean Nereid" that they actually DID mean Laomedeia (the one that is now disruption).

17 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Let's put things cristal clear:

Let X,Y think of Neired once hear of Leomedeia; We={X,Y}

Let Z think anything once hear of Leonedeia; Z in someone.

If Z says Leomedeia, X and Y think of Nereid. Z can think what so ever of. Not mentioned.

Is it clear now?

"Z can think what so ever of. Not mentioned.  Is it clear now?"  Comments like this make me wonder if people ever read what they've typed before posting.  Tip: if you're going to use algebra as a form of explanation then keep it in that format as it removes any issues with improper English.

2 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

then chances are unless they then say "oops, I mean Nereid" that they actually DID mean Laomedeia (the one that is now disruption).

But We cannot know for sure what exactly did they mean. It may be a player who means disruption as well as an old player who's still unaware. We (X+Y) naturally would think of second case. Stop looking for sense in my phrase that I'm not even putting there and saying that it's wrong way to communicate it. It's not my phrase which is wrong its your derivative product of its analysis. Here I mean exactly what I want to mean.

2 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Tip: if you're going to use algebra as a form of explanation then keep it in that format as it removes any issues with improper English.

It's not improper English it's clearly YOU. For some reason you wanted my phrase to contain a dichotomous sense it was not suppose to contain at first place. And now you're blaming my English because you did not understand that and forced your own meaning I was not even putting there. Once I clearly explained what I was saying with proper mathematical (this is not algebra it's set theory) terms, you blame me for that. But what shall I do else if you just don't understand logic?

Last #*!%ing time, because I'm really tired of you trying to proof that I should have said what you re imposing to me:

"Now we have to think of Nereid each time someone says "I'm going on Laomedeia".

Nothing in my phrase implies that "someone" should be confused about Laomedeia/Nereid. Nothing. And it's intended. Someone could be X,Y,Z and anything else. He might be aware of change or not. He might say Leomedeia and mean old spy mission by that. He might say Leomedeia and mean current disruption node. We cannot know for sure before asking.
However Me and my friend (We) unintentionally have first to think about spy mission (Nereid) while hearing someone else or one of us speaking about Laomedeia. That's it.

Edited by TeaHawk