Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day Night cycle - Cetus cycle different from rest of earth

0_The_F00l

Just a thing that keeps bugging me. 

If cetus has a day night cycle of 100 minutes and 50 minutes. 

Why do rest of the earth missions have cycles of 4 hours each? 

I know it's not a major problem, and I know consistency is not a top priority for the team, but I believe I should mention it anyway. 

There is no reason why this should be the case. 

Suggestion : make all earth nodes have 100 minutes day and 50 minutes night. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Correct values
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If cetus has a day night cycle of 1 hour and 45 minutes. 

It doesn't.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Why do rest of the earth missions have cycles of 2 hours each?

And they don't.

Cetus has 1 hour 30 minutes of day, 50 minutes of night. The rest of Earth is on a four hour cycle - four hours of day, then four of night.

But to your actual question: DE has explained this already. Cetus 'needs' these lengths to allow people to actually do the stuff they need to in PoE. On the rest of Earth it is generally irrelevant what the time is. Time does change what plants are there, but that is about all. And farming those is a pain already.

Why not just change earth to have Cetus cycle lenght? I mean it would be easier to get plants no need to wait hours for day/night and cetus and earth will have the came cycle which would give logic to the planets cycle, as of now might as well put the Plains of Eidolon whereever in the system as it does not seem to be connected to earth with the cycle, not only that but the vegetation too, earth is usually filled with dnese forests like all outdoor nodes are dense forests while plains..is just way different

Edited by Lazarow

20 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It doesn't.

And they don't.

Cetus has 1 hour 30 minutes of day, 50 minutes of night. The rest of Earth is on a four hour cycle - four hours of day, then four of night.

Thanks for highlighting, must have been thinking of something else when I put those number, correct number updated. 

As for this :

21 minutes ago, krc473 said:

But to your actual question: DE has explained this already. Cetus 'needs' these lengths to allow people to actually do the stuff they need to in PoE. On the rest of Earth it is generally irrelevant what the time is. Time does change what plants are there, but that is about all. And farming those is a pain already.

Your point of "sufficient time" is not the issue I have. 

I don't particularly care which is used as base or the actual length of the cycles. I only want both to be the same. Have the rest of Earth missions be 100 minutes for day and 50 minutes for night, as it would make more sense than have a pocket on earth where time works differently. 

And as you have mentioned the plant farming is already a pain, needing to wait an entire 4 hours at times to collect that one moonlight dragonlily (or whatever it is called) is a lot more annoying than having to wait 100 minutes to get that apothic building. 

• 1 month later...