Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game other than Warframe that is good or not better

Siegecraft

Tried Planetside 2 twice, with a few years in between.

It was bad the first time.

It was absolutely friggin horrible the second time.

No teamplay whatsoever, people just running straight into an enemy base, praying to who-knows-what that they don't get shredded within 3 seconds, only to blame everyone else.

Players spawncamping your base, preventing you from even going near their base that's like 3km away. Seriously, I had those heavy guys (those that need certain ressources in order to be used) camp right in front of my spawn room.

Sniper rifles are as unpredictable as PUGs. One moment you're trying to land a headshot at 50 meters, and the other your bullet makes a curve around the entire god damn enemy base and hits a tree, all while you're getting sniped with a shotgun or something.

You'd be better of trying to play the game solo, since your team practically doesn't exist. It feels like you're fighting the entire world on your own, while your supports are twisting their thumbs back at base, waiting for the enemy to get bored and leave.

Planetside 2 is absolute BS and is way overrated.

But I might check out this "Nelo".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reakacemrz said:

ya  planetside 2 is a bit overreated but just found out about this game  anyone played it is it good?????? Spacelordsb8ye4IP.jpg

It's pretty cool but needlessly wonky controls and a "paper, rock, scissors" system for close encounters.  It's also a 3 or 4 vs. 1 game (can't remember which).  I don't personally like those but if no one wants to play the villain you just play against the computer.  Haven't played in a while, I actually bought an early pack, so maybe some things have changed.  

• Like 1

Il y a 9 heures, o0Despair0o a dit :

Tried Planetside 2 twice, with a few years in between.

It was bad the first time.

It was absolutely friggin horrible the second time.

No teamplay whatsoever, people just running straight into an enemy base, praying to who-knows-what that they don't get shredded within 3 seconds, only to blame everyone else.

Players spawncamping your base, preventing you from even going near their base that's like 3km away. Seriously, I had those heavy guys (those that need certain ressources in order to be used) camp right in front of my spawn room.

Sniper rifles are as unpredictable as PUGs. One moment you're trying to land a headshot at 50 meters, and the other your bullet makes a curve around the entire god damn enemy base and hits a tree, all while you're getting sniped with a shotgun or something.

You'd be better of trying to play the game solo, since your team practically doesn't exist. It feels like you're fighting the entire world on your own, while your supports are twisting their thumbs back at base, waiting for the enemy to get bored and leave.

Planetside 2 is absolute BS and is way overrated.

But I might check out this "Nelo".

Lol, someone did not try to learn how to play the game properly I see ^^

There are other games that fall in similar genres, but sadly none of them have the smooth movement/shooting mechanics WF has. After warframe, 99% of the games will feel clunky.

I recently played remnant, and while it is a pretty decent game, It gets repetitive very  quickly, and unless you have mates that are eager to go through the content over and over again for the sake of challenge, you won't get past 50 hours of gameplay.

A good game for the many WF players with OCD : From the depths !

A very small building/strategy game that I am floored to see getting updated regularly.

Extremely hard to get a hold of, Warframe looks like a Nintendo game in comparaison.

So very satisfying when you finally build your first functionning craft.

A LOT of depths in the gameplay (pun intended), you like min maxing your builds ? Think you're good at crunshing numbers ? This game will put you in your place.

Could spend hours writing about it, I won't, go check a youtube vid, you'll either instantly love it, or feel immediatly bored out of your mind.

• Like 1

In addition to playing Warframe, I recently started Monster Hunter World, which I'm enjoying.

I've been playing through Remnant from the Ashes, which is a lot of fun. But it's a short game, and since I've already beat it, I only play it 2-3 times a week now. But I think this game has a good foundation, and it will be interesting to see how it evolves over the years (if the developers continue to work on it).

I think I've pretty much given up on the Division at this point. The developers don't have a clear sense of direction with the game, and the recent changes don't seem to be enough to fix the core problems with the game.

I may give Ghost Recon Breakpoint a chance. Overall I enjoyed the beta; I'm just not sure that it's a game I'll put a lot of hours into.

I also plan on buying Death Stranding in November.

Edited by (PS4)JohnnyPersia

il y a 24 minutes, o0Despair0o a dit :

Getting spawncamped for 2 hours isn't exactly motivating.

Let me rephrase that for you : standing around at spawn like a sheep, after getting pushed back to said spawn, while you could spawn anywhere else on the open map, and still trying to run out the door you already know a bunch of guns are pointed at, this is indeed not very motivating for your teammates.

It's not like if you could set up a spawn point anywhere to bring hundreds of player to the ennemy flank, oh wait... You can. Not counting all the other ways there are to counter spawn camp...

Edited by Fallen77
Typo

Has Planetside 2 got any better? The last time I tried it (2014, I think) it was pretty terrible. Bad gunplay, bad balancing, janky engine, cheaters everywhere and all battles were just mindless zerg-rushing until one side got overwhelmed. I really liked the concept, though, and would like to give it another try if they fixed it.

EDIT: Well, looks like @o0Despair0o already answered that question for me.

Edited by Guest

il y a 33 minutes, JackHargreav a dit :

I played that game once

I played WF 5 minutes, it's a boring pay2win game with slow and clunky mobility, and everything is locked behind plat.

See ? That's how valid your criticism is.

PS2 gets a lot of criticism for good reasons, but boring ? You only hear this one from noobs that can't position themselves or line up a shot.

And don't you bs me, that was not an opinion (which would bave been perfectly fine), you made a statement about the game, without having any understanding of its mechanics, which is sad.

haha the argument was just getting interesting

but its  only been a month since i played planetside 2 so i am getting hang of it and i kind of like it so cant say its better than the past

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

And you just lost any credibility you might have had in this argument.

I'm out.

Just now, Fallen77 said:

I played WF 5 minutes, it's a boring pay2win game with slow and clunky mobility, and everything is locked behind plat.

See ? That's how valid your criticism is.

PS2 gets a lot of criticism for good reasons, but boring ? You only hear this one from noobs that can't position themselves or line up a shot.

And don't you bs me, that was not an opinion (which would bave been perfectly fine), you made a statement about the game, without having any understanding of its mechanics, which is sad.

You just seem butthurt because I personally have a different view on the game.

I don't know what you wanted to say with that "you said a statement" thing btw. But I don't really care honestly.

il y a 4 minutes, JackHargreav a dit :

You just seem butthurt because I personally have a different view on the game.

I don't know what you wanted to say with that "you said a statement" thing btw. But I don't really care honestly.

Because you did not phrase that as an opinion but as a statement.

And you're precisely trying to BS backpedal your statement into an opinion, classic...

I don't care if you find it boring, you said IT IS boring, without anything to back it up, so I'm pointing out the BS.

It's your job to write what you mean to say, not mine to read between the lines.

il y a 43 minutes, o0Despair0o a dit :

And you just lost any credibility you might have had in this argument.

I'm out.

Lol, what a weak way of bailing out of a lost argument.

Noob ain't an insult ya know, it's a faster way to say new player.

Strawman much, read posts entirely

ok. i've played through the free content of destiny 2 up until curse of osiris as a warlock class and the game does fail to keep me interested to invest more into it

my take on destiny 2 free content at the moment:
i think the pve content in destiny 2 suffers for their pvp content.
the combat feels somewhat clunky and i'm missing that sense of impact my character can create on to the combat field.
while the character progression feels tedious and slow.
i mean the continuous power level progression makes your character feel weak taking on content that is somewhat above your level,
there is no clever design in combat skills to circumvent this at least not in an enjoyable or rewarding way.

the story is flimsy and it seems tucked away as some hidden lore and the way its being told, it doesn't grab my attention.
their antagonist come across like races each presented as a collective meat shield, void of memorable personalities.
comparing it to mass effect's take on their space opera storytelling really spoiled me to enjoy anything less, mass effect's antagonist are interesting, menacing and personal.

player interaction feels restricted in destiny 2, i sense this in different levels of their game; their chat system, players hubs and the combat interactivity between different players and classes. the combat is very much run and gun. well if only running didn't keep toggling off, its a familiar annoyance in warframe also.

what warframe does well is their tinkering upgrading system; in here its fun to figure things out. i'm missing that and a bunch more in destiny 2.

and i feel at a loss about their upgrade system.
there is no explanation on how their upgrade system works, but it looks like small perks are locked behind a lot of grind and what for? to combat more meat shields?
some systems in games works without much explanation and rewards you enough to keep it interesting to progress, not so much in destiny 2; all i see is tedious grind and mindless combat

my verdict, i should stop playing this game right now

however bungie has acknowledged the problems it has and cut their cord to go f2p for more creative freedom and i hope they can deliver to keep current players happy and bring in new players. but for me it currently falls short.

21 hours ago, Methanoid said:

pity destiny 2 isnt "proper" free to play, its similar to wow's take on free to play, free to play on the base game and only to a low level, which is a shame or i would have tried destiny 2 while waiting for warframe improvements.

Im gonna try ot to see if I like it, if not then ill go do more everspace till the 2 comes by.