Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The MR23(?) and 26 tests are thoroughly unenjoyable.and that is compounded by the 24hr lockout on attempt.

Oreades

I don't really like going over MR tests until I've completed them so I shall begin this story around the time Sentinel Rivens where added back into the game, god knows why they where removed but.... aaanyhow. So flashforward to a day or two into me doing Simaris scans and realizing that I've had the MR26 test queuing for proably about one or two months and I had been diligently ignoring it because I already know it was a slightly more irritating copy pasta of the MR23 test which I had already found thoroughly unenjoyable. 

But it hit me that I was losing out on 1k rep towards Simaris every day I didn't unlock my next MR. So I figured I might as well bite the bullet and get it over with. So I fire it up and almost complete it failing by like two seconds because I overshot a ledge. GG Coulda just been over but nope. That repeats for the next three or so days each and every one I am growing ever more resentful that I'm just missing that 1k standing. 

Tried it again the day after (same build I know it works, used it for the MR23) failed again, tried it the next day overshot one of the first platforms and just alt+f4'd out of Warframe cause hecc that noise. skipped the next day because I'd attempted the previous day at heccin midnight and thank god for that super fun and compelling lockout on attempt timer. Ended up with a pretty miserable cold at some point so not sure if I skipped it a 2nd day or not because everything for the last couple days has kinda blured together. 

In any case this morning either before or after the sorties (hopped up on Nyquil so I can actually breath so I don't really remember the order in which things happened), ended up figuring might as well give this clown fiesta another shot, passed it with like one minute to spare. Woooo~ did I get a feeling of accomplishment from defeating this miserable dragon? Nope I got the momentarily affirmation of "THANK HECCIN GOD THIS BS IS FINALLY OVER" followed by the realizaition that I've enjoyed the last 2-3 days of this cold and the aching sensation of wharking up gigantic balls of flem from what I assume used to be my lungs, more than this MR experience.

Now this could have been mitigated significantly if the 24hr cooldown was on completion instead of on attempt, and for anyone who uses the practice tests as a rational for this poor implementation of timer triggering, my friend(s) you are heccin delusional. 

If anything is going to kill Warframe in the longrun it's going to be a death by a thousand papercuts and this is definitely one of them, one that a simple QoL update could have rendered moot, while retaining the base function of the cooldown timers in preventing people from completing multiple tests in a single day. 

And with that I'm off to go back to sleep or maybe get myself something to eat? I'm not sure but it's not gonna be Warframe for a bit. 

Edited by Oreades

13 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Now this could have been mitigated significantly if the 24hr cooldown was on completion instead of on attempt, and for anyone who uses the practice tests as a rational for this poor implementation of timer triggering, my friend(s) you are heccin delusional. 

If anything is going to kill Warframe in the longrun it's going to be a death by a thousand papercuts and this is definitely one of them, one that a simple QoL update could have rendered moot, while retaining the base function of the cooldown timers in preventing people from completing multiple tests in a single day. 

The idea is to not be able to rush through the leveling so quickly from the need to rush through the "junk" stuff just to get to the one best parts.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

This is why they give you the option to practice. Do a few practice runs and when you are confident run the test.

That might be true, but those 2 test are literally not very cheeseable even if you bring Limbo to cheese it. Its not an enjoyable set of tests and not really an equability of skill. I'd rather have another stealth test or a test like the dissapearing platforms. It took me like a month to do MR 24 test cause it was just that bad. I'm closing in on the MR 26 test and I'm dreading it since its just the other one with the vertical plane added. There should be alternative tests for each mastery test

15 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

That might be true, but those 2 test are literally not very cheeseable even if you bring Limbo to cheese it. Its not an enjoyable set of tests and not really an equability of skill. I'd rather have another stealth test or a test like the dissapearing platforms. It took me like a month to do MR 24 test cause it was just that bad. I'm closing in on the MR 26 test and I'm dreading it since its just the other one with the vertical plane added. There should be alternative tests for each mastery test

Its easier with titania cause you can fly and ignore all the enemies. Just drop a few energy pads and run zenurik. i did it in 1 try

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

Its easier with titania cause you can fly and ignore all the enemies. Just drop a few energy pads and run zenurik. i did it in 1 try

Isn't it just the moving point test... just limbo and stay in the rift. It's a joke.

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Isn't it just the moving point test... just limbo and stay in the rift. It's a joke.

ya, except one of the points floats in the air and when i tried it with limbo it was quite difficult to keep up with the point mid air. with titania you can just fly through it and it's always the one i do first.

24 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

That might be true, but those 2 test are literally not very cheeseable even if you bring Limbo to cheese it.

I believe that's the point. There have been many changes in the game to stop past cheese tactics.

24 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Its not an enjoyable set of tests and not really an equability of skill.

I say, yea, it does. If there's anything in this game that actually has skill value it's parkour as mods affecting it only contributes 20%-30% of a players performance and the rest comes from the players themselves. Another is awareness and quick thinking - quickly knowing which way it's going next and adjusting yourself according, especially when you over/under shoot.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I believe that's the point. There have been many changes in the game to stop past cheese tactics.

Explain MR 9 and titania/zephyr still being able to cheese it and the stealth tests with Redeember & Banshee. Those are still ones that would be difficult if the cheese didn't work. I mean there is also a bug with the operator only one that can put your operator to have their amp that legit cheese it. Sure you can't use abilities in the stealth ones, but DE hasn't been trying their best outside of the moving interception point tests to stop cheesing recently.

I strongly disagree. Those two tests are actually among my favorite and more memorable Mastery Rank tests. I practiced each one once and completed them both with over 2 minutes to spare. You have to go into these tests smart, you should be making builds for them.

The two Mobile Capture tests are easy if you do the following:

- Mod for maximum speed and bullet jumping

- Use a frame that can't get hit/damaged

That is it. For frames Limbo is the obvious choice, but you can also use: Loki, Rhino, Revenant, Titania, Nyx, Wukong, or Zephyr.

If you are still having trouble use gear items such as energy pads or a specter.

If you still can't do it, you are just bad at the game and don't deserve MR 23/26.

Edited by Bioness
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Explain MR 9 and titania/zephyr still being able to cheese it

Either you didn't do them (recently) or you obviously hacked something, because you can't cheese with them with that now.

the stealth tests with Redeember & Banshee.

Redeemer and Banshee kinda works, but requires much finesse due to higher enemy detection. (Seriously, have you tried them recently? It really has gotten harder).

I mean there is also a bug with the operator only one that can put your operator to have their amp that legit cheese it. Sure you can't use abilities in the stealth ones, but DE hasn't been trying their best outside of the moving interception point tests to stop cheesing recently.

Yea, a bug.

MR 17 with exterminating enemies on a timer with meleeing orbs to increase it - can't use redeemer/gunblade and thrown-melee charge attack to destroy from a distance.

Edited by NekroArts

19 hours ago, NekroArts said:

Either you didn't do them (recently) or you obviously hacked something, because you can't cheese with them with that now.

Well, I said MR 9 but meant the disspearing platform one where you can still use abilities to cheese it. Most of the non stealth ones can be cheesed outside of the annoying difficult moving interception tests which require more mobility than most of the game even requires generally

Aaaand back from taking a break from Warframe mostly because .market finally updated to include the Aerodynamic mod and I was able to pick one up super cheap but I digress. 

On 2019-09-19 at 2:15 PM, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

This is why they give you the option to practice. Do a few practice runs and when you are confident run the test.

No practice tests are a crutch that don't actually solve the core issue and do little but preserve an outmoded ideological standpoint. which is kinda ironic considering the amount of work that went in to implementing them and them not actually solving the core issue.

Actually its double ideological because they also hit on the "these keep the relays relevant" shtick that has been the literal only honest reply we've gotten with regards to why we don't have access to the Simulacrum from our orbiter. As can be observed by the fact that instead of adding a practice test button to the actual MR test interface they just put a little info blurb about "Hey go to the relays to practice the test~"... so even their own half fix double dips on the ideology train by being needlessly obtuse ta boot.

So it neither solves the core issue nor is it convenient to use. Which ends up feeling like someone was forced to implement this against their will and as such decided to do it in the most foot draggingly way possible.

Changing where the cooldown triggers would have accomplished both because every test becomes a "practice" test until you successfully complete it, at which point the 24hr cooldown kicks in preventing successive MR tests from being completed within 24hrs, thus preserving the desired timegate. 

On 2019-09-19 at 2:18 PM, NekroArts said:

The idea is to not be able to rush through the leveling so quickly from the need to rush through the "junk" stuff just to get to the one best parts.

That's the thing that people don't seem to get, changing the placement of where the cooldown timer triggers does not negatively impact the desired effect of MR tests being time gates.

The whole point of the time gate is so you can't take multiple MR tests in succession early on in the game, likely most relevant to MR 1-5 because sans the MR gates if you really pushed you could probably finish all of the games core content in one day. But since certain things are MR locked you can't.

On 2019-09-19 at 4:05 PM, Bioness said:

I strongly disagree. Those two tests are actually among my favorite and more memorable Mastery Rank tests. I practiced each one once and completed them both with over 2 minutes to spare.

That's fine and part of the reason I say that they should keep the existing assets for the "practice" tests and simply change the semantics to "refresher" for people who either actually enjoyed them or decide that they genuinely want to take a refresher on some aspect of the game. 

You have to go into these tests smart, you should be making builds for them.

That is it. For frames Limbo is the obvious choice, but you can also use: Loki, Rhino, Revenant, Titania, Nyx, Wukong, or Zephyr.

If you are still having trouble use gear items such as energy pads or a specter.

Aaaaaand then we degenerate into this, which is why I prefaced my initial post with the fact that I've completed the test to avoid "this is how you do it!" input from the peanut gallery. 

Builds aren't the issue, those are essentially a given and will contune to be a given even when they change where the cooldown timer triggers. It's almost like people think that if they change where the timers trigger that suddenly people will be just waltzing through these tests with unmoded rank0 Excalibur. You still have to complete the heccin test. 

Clearly it will surprise you (tho it shouldn't because I mentioned it initially) I have a build for this challenge. So don't worry challenge oriented builds aren't going anywhere, the only thing that would will go anywhere is having to wait 24hrs because you failed the challenge because you need to switch out a single mod, that took you all of 30 seconds of noodling to figure out. And for what? to preserve some ideological standpoint of "this is how it works"........ aaaand I'm gonna pop into a rambling story so brace yourself.

Cause this reminds me of a time working as a CSR where I was sorting/organizing things one way because it was convenient for me as a CSR and convenient for the customers and just strait up better all around from how we where told how to do things. Then my store manager comes along and sees what I'm doing, throws a hissy fit and tells me "this isn't how we do things", I try to explain to them how/why it's better, how it streamlines the process not only for us the CSRs but also for the customers and I just get "NO, THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!" so while my store manager is there, I did it their way but you can bet the days he wasn't I did things my way because it was more convenient and efficient for everyone involved. Flash forward a couple weeks to me walking in to my night shift, taking over from the store manager and lo and behold things are organized as if I had been doing the morning organization because (brace yourself) it was just strait up more convenient for not just the staff but the customers and while it was never discussed (I didn't even get an attaboy) that is how our store processed/organized our inventory from that point onward. 

Which is exactly how MR tests feel whenever they come up, we have a system that almost just works, that could just work with a simple tweak and whenever someone brings up "hey this is how you could make it just work" it's countered with "NO, This is how it's done, this is how it's always been done and this is how you will do it".

If you still can't do it, you are just bad at the game and don't deserve MR 23/26.

Ahh and toxic elitism rears its ugly head, 

Tho you can rest assured that even when they change where the cooldown triggers ..... you still have to pass the test to pass the test..... that literally never changes...... 

Edited by Oreades

Okay, I will just say from my perspective the tests are doing their jobs. They want you to have a comprehensive knowledge of the various game mechanics, in this case movement. I do agree that the 24hr failure counter isn't a good mechanic and should be done away with.

On 2019-09-19 at 10:05 PM, Bioness said:

I strongly disagree. Those two tests are actually among my favorite and more memorable Mastery Rank tests. I practiced each one once and completed them both with over 2 minutes to spare. You have to go into these tests smart, you should be making builds for them.

or use gauss with a speed build... doing so got my running speed on that frame to 1.99