Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe a good use for Echoes of Umbra

Damjel

Just wanna put this out of my mind. Basically on current content. the echo is practically useless.
Buuuut hear me out!.
Maybe just maybe it can be of good use if there was a "new" grand boss/game mode with a new mechanic that "steals/captures your warframe"
Here's what i think. A new sentient boss/miniboss of some sort forces you out of your transference (since space mom tells them everything she learned, surely they can now counter the tenno!) , then steals/caps your current Warframe. Then ordis will panic and deploy/teleport/drop a pod  with a random warframe loadout. from your arsenal. and random I mean random of every equipment config. not the fixed loadout options.
Players will be encouraged to dust out their warframes and weapons by tailoring mostly everything for end game arsenal. Before doing the mission you must have x amount of frames and equipment as a requirement. 
now having a frame equipped with the echos of umbra. Will have a timer or some sort. that it can escape itself from being captured and return back itself with the option of:
-using that frame back with your "meta loadout" 
-let it fight as a specter beside you.  

If a frame doesn't have the echo. you will only be able to retrieve it after the mission is successful. or if you fail, just auto return maybe? or just like a zanuka cap retrieval. and you cant replay the boss fight unless you have retrieved that warframe..

"inspiration came after shower thoughts hit me"

TLDR: echoes of umbra might be of use with a new mechanic that they take away your frame. and save itself form being captured for a set amount of time. then you have the option to use that frame loadout again.

Edited by damjel

Oh I would love to see my team having to abandon a long excavation farm because someone stole the frost I was using to put bubbles and protect the excavators, and the undergeared garuda-with-a-kraken I got in exchange somehow can't do the same job. /s

No, I dislike this idea.

• Like 2

Random loadout, no thanks.  All this will do is make people sell weapons rather than improve them.  I keep all prime/variant weapons, all unique weapons, all limited weapons as well as the highest variant of each frame.  It's basically punishing people who are collectors.  And having such a horrible interaction so that a useless item (the echoes) is forced upon us is the worst way to make something 'useful'.  If this idea was implemented, I could very easily see that boss encounter being the most hated and least played encounter in the game.

When thinking about how to make something useful, never think about the item in isolation.  Think of how the playerbase would realistically act and whether or not it's even making the item worthwhile in general play.

*EDIT*  This reminds me of instances where a game creates an issue and then tries to sell you the solution (Fallout 76 comes to mind).  It's just S#&$ty.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
  • Like 1

Ehhhh....no, no thanks to your idea. Whole idea of "Echoes of Umbra" as of this moment(specter mode) falls flat due to AI and control. 

Just scrap the whole idea OR you could take it a whole other way(rouge warframes in missions that you may "hack" into).