Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Targets dying (yes, this again)

xombob89

Ever since Simaris wanted us to synthesize targets for him, players have been killing the targets either by accident or on purpose. I have no idea why they still havent been made indestructible, maybe there is an answer somewhere deep in the forums but apparently Im terrible at using the search function because I never find what I want with it. But surely there must be a reason otherwise they would have changed it already, I guess?

So if indestructibility is off the table, could we at least get a special marker for him or at least when you tag him it doesnt say "ENEMY" on the mark basically goading everyone to attack him? Cause lets face it, huinting the targets is boring, so Im not going to specifically go and hunt them solo. I will just wait them to appear randomly on my public missions which is already taking long enough without people destroying the target in few hits (yes, our weapons are that powerful nowdays, you cant really tell difference beetween an eximus and simaris target when it comes to his toughness). Or increase his health by tenfold or something?

Ever since Simaris wanted us to synthesize targets for him, players have been killing the targets either by accident or on purpose. I have no idea why they still havent been made indestructible, maybe there is an answer somewhere deep in the forums but apparently Im terrible at using the search function because I never find what I want with it. But surely there must be a reason otherwise they would have changed it already, I guess?

So if indestructibility is off the table, could we at least get a special marker for him that appears without needing to point scanner at him or at least when you tag him with G (or w/e is default key) it doesnt say "ENEMY" on the mark basically goading everyone to attack him? Cause lets face it, huinting the targets is boring, so Im not going to specifically go and hunt them solo. I will just wait them to appear randomly on my public missions which is already taking long enough without people destroying the target in few hits (yes, our weapons are that powerful nowdays, you cant really tell difference beetween an eximus and simaris target when it comes to his toughness). Or increase his health by tenfold or something?

Edited by xombob89

15 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

But surely there must be a reason otherwise they would have changed it already, I guess?

They are easy enough already. The ability to kill them adds some challenge. You have to be paying attention if you want to not murder the target. 

• I almost always kill my Synthesis targets on purpose. I always forget to return to Simaris after scanning them all, so I am unable to get new ones when I need them. We have challenges like Nightwave and Rivens that require the target, having one already waiting to be scanned is so much easier (for me).
17 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Cause lets face it, huinting the targets is boring, so Im not going to specifically go and hunt them solo.

Why not? If you actually want them just do this. You are basically saying that you only want to do this when someone else will do it for you. All you have to do is occasionally point the scanner around some rooms, you do not have to follow the silly trail. 

• Note that there are more effective ways of getting Simaris points. I suggest an Ivara and solo. Stealth scans are worth double, so you can scan the room, sleep them and Covert Lethality everyone.
20 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Or increase his health by tenfold or something?

If DE has reasons for letting us kill them, do you think buffing them more is going to be something they pick? And depending on the target, they ca be a lot more durable than Eximus units.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

They are easy enough already. The ability to kill them adds some challenge. You have to be paying attention if you want to not murder the target. 

Adds challenge how? I cant stop my team from killing him in any way.

actually want them just do this. You are basically saying that you only want to do this when someone else will do it for you. All you have to do is occasionally point the scanner around some rooms, you do not have to follow the silly trail. 

Now you are just assuming things. I will do the scan myself almost every time they appear, most people dont bother with the scans at all from what Ive noticed (or maybe Im just faster). Its not something I "want", its just something that needs to be done to buy stuff from simaris.

And going ivara or loki to scan a whole map full of enemies for the standing is not exactly my idea of fun either. Ive done it occasionally, but Im not enjoying it so I avoid it unless I really need something quickly.

1 minute ago, xombob89 said:

Call it another 'RNG thing'. It is random if you can get the scan or not. The challenge is in scanning it before it dies - yes, stopping your team is near impossible.

2 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Now you are just assuming things. I will do the scan myself almost every time they appear

It was more, why are you against doing it solo? The logical assumption is that you want others to help find it it/find it for you.

No part of getting Simaris stuff is fun, that is the problem. Surely fixing that is better than making it harder to kill the targets. 

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

It was more, why are you against doing it solo? The logical assumption is that you want others to help find it it/find it for you.

No part of getting Simaris stuff is fun, that is the problem. Surely fixing that is better than making it harder to kill the targets. 

I dont want a team to accompany me hunting the target, the point is I want to play other missions (with a team) while multitasking the scan on the side, so I dont have to specifially go do it solo. Maybe Im just explaining this somehow badly.

But you are right, Simaris stuff overall isnt fun so the best solution of course would be better Simaris missions or alternative ways of getting standing besides the scanning.

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Synthesis Targets already have massively increased EHP, actually. a Synthesis Target of some Armored Heavy is essentially one of the highest EHP Enemies in the game.

Yes, Im aware of that. Yet, most of the time its still easilly killed by a couple of guys with Kitguns or w/e powerful weapon.

32 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Maybe Im just explaining this somehow badly.

You're probably explaining it fine. I am just looking at it from the perspective of someone that does not generally run with a team. I do think hunting the target is easier solo though.

This shouldnt be a problem any more unless you are doing a limited time event where people dont wanna screw with anything else.  

For the most part EVERYONE should be killing themselves to help you capture them or outright steal them.   Ceph Simaris pts can now be used to buy Companion Riven mods.

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

4 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Now you are just assuming things. I will do the scan myself almost every time they appear, most people dont bother with the scans at all from what Ive noticed (or maybe Im just faster). Its not something I "want", its just something that needs to be done to buy stuff from simaris.

And going ivara or loki to scan a whole map full of enemies for the standing is not exactly my idea of fun either. Ive done it occasionally, but Im not enjoying it so I avoid it unless I really need something quickly.

The solo button. Use it.

• Like 1

i have been guilty of killing someone else's simaris target.

i was valkyr-ing along and it turns out there was one nestled in a group of enemies in a narrow hallway and i killed it within a second or two.

*slide attack!*
Me: huh, that guy didn't die first hit.
*slide attack!*
Simaris: What have you done?! Synthesis only works on the living! Can you control your murderous impulses for the good of the Sanctuary?!
Someone on voice chat: Did someone just kill my synthesis target!? How %$#!ing hard is it to not kill the target!? *proceeds to go on a rant about how stupid someone would have to be to not realise it was the target.*

On 2019-09-27 at 4:14 PM, xombob89 said:

huinting the targets is boring, so Im not going to specifically go and hunt them solo

Well there's your problem.  If you don't think it's worth the reward, then don't do it.  Also, synth targets already have a different marker on them so players know that they are a special enemy.  There is no problem with the mechanic by the way, it's with the bad pugs you are playing with. It's not Warframe's fault that pugs are bad.

On a side note I have had instances where either my companion or my buddies companion will end up killing the thing before I can get it scanned.

Example buddy and I are tearing through an exterminate mission and the scan target gets hit before Ceph even pops onto the screen. Buddy see's that it didn't die right off the bat (which can be rare in some instances) and backs up because its now low on health, however his companion gets a few pot shots off and by the time I get to the thing my own companion finishes it off. 

So yeah I wasn't really planning on seeing it there but it does get a bit frustrating to see this happen after about the 15th or 20th time. 

I normally run those solo or will tell my friend when I am running a missions specifically for scan targets but I do understand the OP's frustration with seeing it die right before their eyes.

Edited by Aesthier