Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Exilus Slot and monetization

(PSN)JustAguy91

7 hours ago, (PS4)JustAguy91 said:

Yes but the cost of making them (2 forma) is high. I wouldnt mind if forma were more abundant but you can only make 1 per 24 hours. The amount of work almost pushes towards payment. They should allow multiple forma to be built at once but this is a different topic. 

I currently have 14 built forma and about 60 forma blueprints. Every 24 hours I start making a new one.

Some days I use 4-5 in a day, some weeks I don’t use any. Forma aren’t something I really have to worry about anymore.

Il y a 7 heures, (XB1)The Neko Otaku a dit :

Forma are abundant through out the game, a simple day of relics is impossible with out tripping over them. Also it's not like you need the exilus slot  on the weapon

Still 2 formas for one exilus only is really expensive. Sure you only need one day to get a forma, but how many formas do you need to build a weapon ? 5 to 6 in some cases, so no formas aren't to be wasted either.

Ingame economy doesn't make sense either cause you need 20p to get an exilus but 45p to get 3 formas. I don't mind spending plat on such things but the marketplace needs some serious overhaul, it's as dumb as putting catalysts at 65 nightwave tokens when some way cheaper auras are selling twice a catalyst platinium price.

Less discrepancy in market prices would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 000l000

On 2019-10-11 at 3:45 AM, (PS4)JustAguy91 said:

I addressed this above, I guess my opinion is in the minority as I don't think it should take 48 hours to build one (given you don't have forma built). But I guess it is still technically "free"

I definitely get the diasgreement with how how much investment and time it takes to make an Exilus Adapter. If it were made easier, I would enjoy that because it'd make it easier for me to get them. It isn't really about what we want though, it's about DE's decision on how balance their own free-to-play model. Making things available for premium purchase and for free, the free method needs to be difficult enough to make the payed method feel worth paying for. The amount of "worthness" is going to vary from player to player based on how much money they're willing to throw at the game and how much effort they're willing to exert to save their money, but 20p seems like a fair price to pay.

This, however, may be completely different with Weapon Exilus, since there are faaaar more weapons than there are Warframes. I'm hoping they'll be easier to craft than the Warframe-applicable version. Ideally, we'll also be getting a free gift or mission reward of 1 or more them on release, just to get a taste of them right off the hop.

On 2019-10-10 at 12:34 PM, (PS4)JustAguy91 said:

For a while after I saw videos on weapon Exilus slots on youtube, I thought how cool that DE is making weapons more customizable than before. Then I thought oh wait, this is probably just another way to add more monetization to a free game. I dont mind supporting warframe but this would be costly to unlock Exilus slots for all the weapons we have. Exilus Adaptors in the market for warframes are currently 20p in the market now. The amount of weapons compared to Warframes is insane. If they charge for exilus adaptors, they will make a ton of money and the slots will be created for the wrong reason IMO. I guess this post is urging for a response, will these slots be unlocked or will we have to pay for it?

EDIT: I see why I got the different opinions then what I expected (Thats because I am looking at it from a pay only point of view). Forma takes 24 hours to make and you have to make 2. The Exilus I believe takes 24 hours as well. I guess for me, I dont think it should take 72 hours to make a weapon exilus adaptor but you all are right. It's technically free. I guess I can choose to buy it or not. 

this is assuming that you would actually want to put an exilus adapter on every single weapon. I have every single frame and don't use exilus slots on a few of them. When it comes to weapons, I don't use MOST of them, so I can hardly see myself getting one for every single weapon. Sure, it'll take time to unlock the slots on all of the weapons I do like to use if I wanted to go the free route, but this is the free to play model. Pay with time or skip it by paying with money. They have to monetize things in this game or else we would either: a) not have a game or b) have to either buy or subscribe. 

As others have stated, it is perfectly reasonable to assume these will be obtainable for free. I would surmise DE will provide multiple different ways to get them, either through invasions, buying the bps from Simaris and crafting them, or Sorties (I personally would rather they not add them to Sorties but obviously that is not my call).

I hear you about build times, but again, these things can be bought as well. I don't have any issue with crafting times, but that is just my opinion.

Look at it this way: if you don't get one for your weapons, will they be any less powerful than they are now?

EDIT: also, I'm not sticking an eximus adapter on every single weapon, same as how I don't potato or forma every single weapon and frame, or even stick an eximus adapter on every frame. I'm only going to use them on gear that I actually like and use often. Trash gear... doesn't get one.

Edited by DoomFruit