Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I tried out a gauntlet weapon

supernils

Knowing they were bad, having been warned about their range.

But I'm not the type of player who happily uses the most OP weapons on every frame. I want diversity, I want fashion, I choose the best fitting weapons for every frame individually and I thought the Furax would kick ass on Hildryn.

But it's just *that* bad and I even use Primed Reach!

I use Gaia's Tragedy stance and with "Forests Remorse", the only usable combo besides the button mash, the second punch never hits anything, it's a terrible feeling.

I'm looking forward to next Melee Update though because with more mobility that weapon/stance could actually be half usable (not viable, usable).

On 2019-10-19 at 5:00 AM, supernils said:

Knowing they were bad, having been warned about their range.

But I'm not the type of player who happily uses the most OP weapons on every frame. I want diversity, I want fashion, I choose the best fitting weapons for every frame individually and I thought the Furax would kick ass on Hildryn.

But it's just *that* bad and I even use Primed Reach!

I use Gaia's Tragedy stance and with "Forests Remorse", the only usable combo besides the button mash, the second punch never hits anything, it's a terrible feeling.

I'm looking forward to next Melee Update though because with more mobility that weapon/stance could actually be half usable (not viable, usable).

Seismic_Palms better posture, if you right-click aiming at the enemy you have a chance to run the finisher (you need to disable auto target in game options) there is also furax's exclusive amalgam_body_count

the frame needs to have some source of recovery as being very close to the enemy (short range melee weapons :v) healing_return + adaptation or arcane_grace ... i don't know much about hyldrin to be able to help with this synergy

Am 19.10.2019 um 10:00 schrieb supernils:

Nice choice mate 😃 I choosed the Furax (Wraith) for the exact same reason, because it looks freaking awesome. To make it viable i bought a god riven for it and it just does fine to be honest. For a synergy i used "Amalgam Body Count" it is a furax only mod and expand Launcher explosions by 20%, gives 15s combocounter and cc enemys in 15m radius by kill. So my Ogris does a bit more Aoe and my furax never runs out of combocounter because i use NARAMON focus passiv.=) 

I can give you alot of good leads how to make this badass looking iron gloves more viable but in 1 (or maybe 2) week(s) we have new melee system and in the best case all melee wapons becoming strong without much effort in builds and synergys. So just wait and keep the Furax in mind till the 26Update.

216% Melee damage

118 crit damage

106 Crist chance for slide attack

-122 range

That's the tekko riven I use. I whiff so bad, cant seem to hit targets unless my warframes hitbox overlaps theirs. After playing with it for so long, when I finally switch to a different fist weapon even the puny range feels like a godsend. Its one of those "not knowing how good you have it till its gone" moments. Then I swap to a polearm and wonder why fists are in the game to begin with haha!

the upcoming melee phase 2 update coming sometime this week (if it isnt delayed) will address this exact issue.

Not only are melee weapons getting a huge balance pass in the same way that the primaries and secondaries did a while back, but DE have stated that one of the things they will be doing is increasing range pretty much across the board.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb bubbabenali:

My hope is that melee change to absolute bonus on reach will give these weapons a nice bonus. Also I'm interested to se hoe Furax Wraith's channeling bonus will be converted. 

Thats a good question... lets hope they dont forget, to put that Bonus somewhere else like Attackspeed, Damage or Cc/Cd =/. Fingers cross, i realy like that weapon and hope that it becomes a way stronger through that update, that anti-ragdoll change was at least a smart start in the right direction.